The Great Australian Coaster Vote

sonic123488

The Great Australian Coaster Vote  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Australian Coster (currently operating)

• Superman Escape (Movieworld)
    • Lethal Weapon: The Ride (Movieworld)
    • The Cyclone (Dreamworld)
    • Rugrats Runaway Reptar (Dreamworld)
    • Scenic Railway (Lunar Park Melbourne)
    • Tower of Terror (Dreamworld)
    • Roadrunner Roller-coaster (Movieworld)
    • The Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster (Movieworld)
    • Dragon Express (Adventure World)
    • Turbo Mountain (Adventure World)
    • Family Toboggan Ride (Big Banana)
    • Wild Mouse (Aussie World)
    • Mick Doohan's Motocoaster (Dreamworld)
    • The two Bobsleds (Jamberoo Action Park)
    • Toboggan Slide (Funfields)
    • Toboggan (Lakeside Leisure Park)
    • Metropolis (Luna Park Melbourne)
    • Silly Serpent (Luna Park Melbourne)
    • Surfrider (Wet'n'wild)
    • Wild Mouse (Luna Park Sydney)

I voted for Lethal. Its the only coaster in Australia that I find actually thrilling. I also appreciate its savage qualities and the fact that after youve ridden it you feel like youve gone 10 rounds with Tyson. Scooby would be a close second for its quality theming. These are probably the only two Australian coasters that you could put in a U.S park that wouldn't get laughed at.

I voted for Lethal. Its the only coaster in Australia that I find actually thrilling. I also appreciate its savage qualities and the fact that after youve ridden it you feel like youve gone 10 rounds with Tyson. Scooby would be a close second for its quality theming. These are probably the only two Australian coasters that you could put in a U.S park that wouldn't get laughed at.
Yeah thats sort of true, the Superman escape is nothing compared to a U.S parks worst roller-coaster, even though its got an addicting quality its not even intense, theres no weightlessness at all and the airtime hills arent thrilling (im goin g to get flamed but thats just my opinion) Even the scooby-doo coaster has more weightlessness and thrilling aspects P.S If either of these coasters were put in a U.S themepark they would need to find a way to load/unload faster and double the Capacity ;D EDIT: Theres a mistake on the poll "Roadrunner Roller-coaster (Dreamworld)" Edited by PixelPushed

Its not even intense, theres no weightlessness at all
Just wondering what else you have been on to compare with in terms on intensity? Are you sure you are talking about the same ride here? I have been on my fair share of coasters, and it is definitely up there in terms of intensity. Also, the reason there is no weightlessness is because its ejector airtime rather than floater airtime. Floater is what you get on rides like TOT, or the first hill of Goliath at SFMM, personally ejector is alot cooler.
P.S If either of these coasters were put in a U.S themepark they would need to find a way to load/unload faster and double the Capacity ;D
Loading speeds on Superman are far faster than Xcelerator....scooby doo I think is pretty much on par with every other mouse coaster out there in terms of loading speeds (Even the one at DCA) if not a little bit faster. Capacity wise, well they are good enough for here, and parks like Alton Towers, PortAventura and Thorpe run with the exact same station setup at MW with their Accelerators and they get more attendance than us. A dual station is a simple thing to implement though if you want to improve capacity that way.
Yeah thats sort of true, the Superman escape is nothing compared to a U.S parks worst roller-coaster
You havent even ridden coasters at US parks. It is definitely better then quite a few American coasters anyway (Certainly the 'worst' ones) A good coaster is good no matter where it is built. Ninja makes a good point though, i wonder how people would rate SLCs if they actually were smooth, its a decent layout, but the roughness on them sort of wrecks it for me. Edited by Gazza

Just wondering what else you have been on to compare with in terms on intensity? Are you sure you are talking about the same ride here?
Um the lethal weapon its way more intense Ejector airtime is cool but it wouldnt be comparable in terms of intensity to Floater, with floater your body feels weird Edited by PixelPushed

Ejector airtime is cool but it wouldnt be comparable in terms of intensity to Floater, with floater your body feels weird
Am I the only one who goes weightless on the Top Hat of SE, and it was voted Southern Hemispheres best coaster, So I'm sure it would rate among the top 50 in the world. Lethal weapon is all Brawn and no real expierience, you remember it for its pain, not the actual ride expierience. It isn't even a unique coaster, superman is a far better quality ride.

I am voting for Superman Escape. Personally, I think Lethal Weapon is a very good coaster. I have never had any trouble with the headaches and sore ears and all that. In saying that though, it isn't exactly more intense than Superman Escape, it just has more elements that make it more interesting in a way. But even so, the reason I have voted for Superman is basically because Lethal Weapon is only exciting the first couple of times you ride it, then the layout becomes predictable and you sort of get over it. With Superman, I have been on it who knows how many times and every time you get launched out of the 'Subway' I still can't believe how quickly it accelerates. And even though it has a simple layout it does the job, because the emphasis is on the short, sharpe yet excilerating nature of the ride. Pixel man, I am kind of confused by your "not better than the worst US coasters" line. According to the world whojamigic of best coasters, Superman Escape comes in 16th, which means it is pretty comparible to some of the ones out there. It is by no means the tallest or fastest coasters in the world, but it is one of the best our country has to offer in terms of intensity and ride experience. Oh, and Scooby came in close, but I am just too huge a fan of Superman Escape.

According to the world whojamigic of best coasters, Superman Escape comes in 16th, which means it is pretty comparible to some of the ones out there. It is by no means the tallest or fastest coasters in the world, but it is one of the best our country has to offer in terms of intensity and ride experience.
Can't resist having a dig at Dreamworld after that comment.... I mean seriously.... Dreamworld have always been about the fastest, the tallest, the biggest, the first in australia - but that doesn't make them the BEST. Let Dreamworld have their World Record Holders.... I'll be happy with a nicely designed coaster, built with care and purpose, with a story to it, and a queue that works... I guess that means i'm waiting for MW to build one.... cause Dreamworld aint doin that anytime soon. my vote is Scooby Doo, purely from the theming perspective. Theres something about a dark smoke filled room, with lasers and strobes that gets me all riled up....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted for Wild Mouse but i meant the Mad Mouse at the Adelaide Show, if youv'e been on it you'll know what I mean. ;) You see if you were to go on superman escape, you would know you would be safe at the end of the ride. If you went on the Mad Mouse there is always the chance you might..... not return. Ha.

yep, that's also the scariest thing about the LPM Scenic Railway... and they have the Mad Mouse(Metropolis) at LPM as well. two of the most rickerty coasters you'll ever go on. Anyway I'd love to go on the Superman Returns and the Motocoaster... they've put those in since I went to qld last time. So Lethal Weapon is my vote...

Am I the only one who goes weightless on the Top Hat of SE, and it was voted Southern Hemispheres best coaster, So I'm sure it would rate among the top 50 in the world. Lethal weapon is all Brawn and no real expierience, you remember it for its pain, not the actual ride expierience. It isn't even a unique coaster, superman is a far better quality ride.
I agree with you sonic I go Weightless to on Superman