Universal Studios Australia ;)

BNErider

I'm currently building a Universal Studios Australia in RCT3. At the moment there isn't much to make it look "Universal" besides the main fountain. In the end, I plan to make it pretty awesome. I'm looking for feedback...good or bad. (NOTE: the black boxes on top of the buildings are speakers.) Here's what I've done so far:

post-1543-1199460273_thumb.jpg

post-1543-1199460485_thumb.jpg

I'm currently building a Universal Studios Australia in RCT3. At the moment there isn't much to make it look "Universal" besides the main fountain. In the end, I plan to make it pretty awesome. I'm looking for feedback...good or bad. (NOTE: the black boxes on top of the buildings are speakers.) Here's what I've done so far:
It just looks too blocky, really. That's all I can really say. Try working with photos from real-life Universal. parks. Some more vegetation and other visual features would break up the buildings... Edited by Tony Teulan

It's too early to post up a download when such a small area is constructed. Besides, common practice is to release the file when the park is finished anyway. Usually more screenshots are posted at a time though, Ash... try updating us every few days or so, that way there's more we can comment on. I know what RCT3 is like; it's a time leech so doing a small area of land can easily take a day or two anyway. I would also recommend you particularly look at the stylings of Universal Orlando because that's a far superior park to Hollywood. While it lacks the backlot, it more than makes up for that by having such wonderfully themed areas. Amityville, San Francisco etc. So if you could make the areas of the park themed to settings of Universal properties that would be much better. Far Far Away/Shrek's swamp perhaps... Hill Valley from Back to the Future... whatever.

Edited by Tony Teulan

The main street area is finished and closed off. All the themeing is done. There's two rides currently: Blue Crush (Own Themed Area) Shrek 4D Adventure (Main Street) I will now start the "adventure" part which will be placed at the back of the park. I've also started on the car park. The car park will be in great detail with road markings. Here's a picture of the car park's entrance. (There will be a sign when it's done; there's a path leading to the park's gates.)

post-1543-1200072821_thumb.jpg

Edited by ash.1111

It's definitely looking WAY better, man... NY doesn't look very New York-ish though... maybe add some random fake stairs down to the subway - look at Universal Orlando photos - basically stairs leading down to a concrete wall - parked yellow taxis etc. Add a mini Central Park area with refreshment stands, trees etc and areas for people to sit. But I'm really liking your developments. Glad you're still going with it.

WOW!! :o That looks amazing Ash! The time and effort you have put into it has really payed off. :lol: I like your idea of not going with some of the same old areas that can be seen in all the Universal Parks (e.g. Jurrasic Park area). But I think adding one or two areas that already exist in in the Universal parks wouldn't hurt. Mabey adding an action hero themed land would be a fantastic idea as everybody knows the characters and are big hit with all the kids up to 10/12. This is what could be done in your park: :)ACTION HERO LAND: In your action hero themed land you could have a major rollercoaster (or 2, one being smaller than the other), a couple flat rides and an indoor dark ride/water ride. Names: Action Hero Universe...or...Super Hero Island could be possible names (lol, not very good with names). It really depends on what the area will look like or will be situated around. Will it be situated around a lake, around buildings, on rocky hills, rolling hills or have a more generic feel to it?? This will definately effect the names given to all your areas. For the major rollercoaster: It could be themed to Spiderman. You could have the track swurve around buildings, go into buildings for a themed show scene and mabey even have a storyline to fit the coaster. It could be about escaping from the evil wrath of Dr. Octopus/Venom/Green Goblin/Sand-man. LOL These are the only ones that have made it to the movies, what about the rest in the comic books!! :o . Flat Rides: There are sooooo many possibilities with these. You could have a Superman themed Huss Topsin, where you are test subjects for Lex Luthors new invention. The ride would be simular to a very heavily themed topspin in Europe called Talcon in Phantasialand Talcon. The carrige could be themed to a big generator or nuclear reactor, there would be smoke/fog effects coming out of the ground, water effects, fire effects, lighting effects with the fog and plenty of sound effects. I think this ride has been discused sooo many times when it comes to MW's next ride, so I think you know the type of story line I'm going for. Something like Lex Luthor's actually planing to blow up the city with his reactor and then superman comes and stops the reactor from detonating. There could be a custom ride sequence where you can feel superman stop the ride suddenly, and end the ride. The sound effects would help this tremendously. As I said I'm not to good with names so i'm not going to even try for this one. :P Another flat ride possibility could be a themed Screamin' Swing to Wolverine from X-Men. Themeing to the standard of the claw at DW would be enough as the ride could "home-in" on pure thrills. Basically, make it look presentable and nice, but no storyline. Mabey have a claw shaped seat and make it look like Wolverine's hand is coming down to swipe the onlookers. Dark colours would suit the ride and also make the queue in a building, making the line themed to a scene in one of the movies. I haven't really watched any of the movies so I don't know what to theme it to. But the names a given, Wolverine's Swipe or something along those lines would be good. Dark Ride/Indoor boat ride: I really don't know, and I can't bothered right know. If you give me sometime I might be able to think of something, but I'm sure other people want to contribute to. So i'll leave that to them. I hope this helps Ash, keep up the good work and I really want to see that final product :) !! CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8