What would you do if 'you' owned or managed DW?

skystar_a320

Experience wise, I found little difference between the floorless and the normal sit down, but they 'look' really cool, which is the important thing in terms of getting people to visit.
So it doesn't really feel any different? I would have thought being at the front with nothing in front or below you would have been awesome.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it doesn't really feel any different? I would have thought being at the front with nothing in front or below you would have been awesome.
I've ridden Kraken (Seaworld Orlando) and Scream (SFMM California) and really enjoyed both rides. For me personally it did feel different to a sit down. The front row is amazing with nothing separating you and the track, brake runs and the drop. It feels like a flying armchair.

^Yeah, the coolest part was probably watching all the brakes wheels and chains doing their thing below you. But on the coaster itself I tended to look straight ahead anyway...I made an effort at a couple of points to watch the track whizz by, and it was about as interesting as watching lane markers whizz by out of a car window. Floorless dive machines are another story though, the far outside seats really do give that 'flying armchair' effect.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I definitely agree Ninga. Some one should retaliate and send an email to him saying: With a family ride, must come a thrill ride. And another quote: "You have a degree of control over it and the more you ride it, the better you get. Whereas on a traditional thrill ride you're pretty much strapped in and that's how it happens. The more you ride it the more the anticipation goes." On traditional thrills, you don't know what G-force you'll feel next, you don't know where you are gonna turn. But on interactive things, you might have fun, you'll do what you want. Therefore the more you ride, the more you'll anticipate. So both types are very good, so I rest my case, with a family ride, comes a thrill ride.

Edited by lylefart