Theme Parks/Water Parks In Movies

Gold Coaster

coaster.gif What are some movie scenes you've seen that feature theme/water parks? Here are a few from me - 1/ FEAR - 1996 - Mark Wahlberg & Reese Witherspoon - http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z-DKCvprktg This one was filmed on 'The Coaster' at Playland, Vancouver. The same one used in... 2/ FINAL DESTINATION 3 - would have loved to be an extra in the filming of this one! :) - Opening sequence: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FMqOaawvXg0 - Rollercoaster crash sequence: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YyYGmC3pmm8 3/ HOUSE ON THE HAUNTED HILL (Recent remake version) - http://youtube.com/watch?v=wQ-xQCXI9KA (The Incredible Hulk, Islands of Adventure) Edited by Tony Teulan

Yeah, that's the park. I was leaving that scene for someone to bring up themself, hoping they'd find a link to an online clip of the scenes. Yeah I went there in July last year, great park - rode both that woodie (Colossos) and what was known in the movie as the 'Whipper Snapper' (Revolution in RL) which is at 3 minutes 24 seconds. Great fun... as a Vacation movie freak, I was thrilled to visit "Walley World" :P EDIT: I found a clip! :) Here's the sequence with the original audio replaced by Simply Red's Fairground (which I'm placing dibs on for me to use in a park video shortly): http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZjHsqDMoxUY

Edited by Tony Teulan

The early 90s movie 'Encino Man' features SFMM. Pauly Shore and Brendan Fraser ride 'Viper'. 'Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure' has a water park scene. I looked it up and it was actually filmed at two different water parks - 'Golfland - Sunsplash' in Mesa, Arizona and 'Raging Waters' in San Dimus, California.

The first spy kids (i THINK) there at a water park
You are right about the Spy Kids movies, just not the right one :P . In Spy Kids 2 they go to a themepark, where they save the Presidents daughter. I'm sure it's a Six Flags Over Texas because you could see the Mr. Freeze, Batman: The ride and Flashback. But i had to watch it a couple of times, cause they added a whole bunch of CGI rides in with the themepark (e.g the "Juggler") to make it look different. And in Spy Kids 3-D. Before the 3-D bit of the movie, Juni (the main guy character) meets another character for some reason in a waterpark. (it's been along time since i've watched these movies) :P I'm pretty sure it's in the off season because the pools had no water in them. I think it was one of the schlitterbahn waterparks. Sorry, but I couldn't find any video on youtube to show you the parks. But I found the Schlitterbahn website. It looks like they've got some good rides anyway. CoAsTeRbOy8

Glad that someone mentioned Beverly Hills Cop 3, but theres additional theme park footage that wasn't shot in Great America - The "Alien Attack" scene is from one of the universal backlot tours - pretty sure it's hollywood - the "earthquake" scene. Also in that movie - I just flipped because it had a THREE armed Zodiac. An obscure movie from the early 90's also features Universal Studios, as well as the Nintendo Entertainment System and the "PowerGlove", with the kid from the Wonder Years. It was called the Wizard, and features on foxtel every couple of months. Colossus at Magic mountain also featured on the opening credits of Step By Step - an 80's tv show. The following information came from Google. The Bachelor- A couple shots of SFMM's Colossus (within the first seven minutes of the movie). Dangerous Minds - A couple shots of the Giant Dipper at The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Death to Smoochy - Some snow shots with Coney Island Cyclone in the background (first ten minutes of the movie). Hootie and the Blowfish: Summer Camp with Trucks - The band takes a venture through Dorney Park. The Lost Boys - Some nice night shots of the Giant Dipper at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. National Lampoon's Vacation - Shots of Magic Mountain (pre Six Flags). Includes the Revolution (pre-harnesses) and the Colossus (good shot from the parking lot before they flattened the double-camelback). Richie Rich - Iron Wolf from Six Flags Great America. Smokey and the Bandit II - A couple minutes worth of the destruction of Greyhound at Lakewood Fairgrounds near Atlanta, Georgia

'Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure' has a water park scene. I looked it up and it was actually filmed at two different water parks - 'Golfland - Sunsplash' in Mesa, Arizona and 'Raging Waters' in San Dimus, California.
'Raging Waters' in San Dimas, California is also featured in 'Norbit'. Edited by Swanny

Im suprised no one has mentioned KISS meets the Phantom of the Park. Which was filmed at I think.. Six Flags Magic Mountain. http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...videoid=5718071 Also.. not a movie, but the band Mi-Sex had a video for "It Only Hurts When Im Laughing" in the early 80s... which was filmed at Luna Park Sydney with the old woodie dipper.

Edited by drummerstix_au

• 1 month later...

'The Clones' another 70's movie. The last scene was a shoot out between two men, one which was on a wooden roller coaster shooting and throwing grenades (i recommend you don't do that) at the other man on the ground. The scene was shot at the L.A County Fairs. I looked on RCDB but could not find anything about the coaster.

• 3 months later...

^Yes, Thats the one! I remember thinking about this a little while back, but all I could remember about the movie was a bloke that learned baking in jail. All I can remember is an inverted coaster, and one of those waterslides where it drops into the pool from high above. Edit: Googling led me to this thread (On this site, what are the odds http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?s...&#entry7366 ) The coaster was Flight Deck at California's Great America (lol at that ride name) Also, we can add another park to the list, Knotts is in Knocked Up.

Edited by Gazza

There were alot of shots of Orlando parks in Never Back Down this year - mainly cos the movie is set in Orlando which kind of makes it impossible to not show a theme park somewhere in the 2 hours. They don't ever go to a park, but you get a pretty cool flyover of WDW. Also, Universal Studios Florida and Islands Of Adventure are in the fourth Bring It On movie. It was released the last time I was over there and they were showing shots of Dueling Dragons and Citywalk. Haven't had a chance to see it yet though to see if there was much else. Also, Sliders (tv series) was filmed in Universal Studios in Hollywood so they used the park alot. There's a christmas episode (season 3 I think) where basically the whole thing is shot in the park and in Citywalk. There's a great scene where you see the starway leading to heaven too. It's pretty funny. Mickey C