Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kennykoala

Disneyland trip JUNE 10/2008

12 posts in this topic

I forgot to post on here that ive booked my holiday for LA in june 2008. Got a hot price with Air NZ $1659, im going for 13 nights. How i miss disney:P lucky visit number 5:)

Hey mate $1659 is a great price, especially with a quality airline like Air New Zealand. Does that include taxes? I found a couple of deals that were $1600 then they tell me 'oh yeah add 450 on top of that for taxes'. :angry: Im heading over in August and trying to get a good deal. Best I've found so far is around $1900 including taxes flying some dodgy airline but I think if I hold out a little while I can get a better price as my departure date is fairly flexible. How did you score such a hot deal?

Edited by Ninja

Sorry for late reply ninja. Answer to your question is yes, it includes taxes. Im pretty sure thre is another deal right now for around $1700 including taxes with free 7 day car hire flyin Air NZ. Not sure on the dates of travel. I think it may be april-june. Air china and Eva Air should also have cheap flights available. A site i founf some hot fares on was www.bestflights.com.au...... there was a flight on ther with hawian airlines for $930 plus tax to LA,,,,so woould been$1300, that was for a february depart. I got my flight with flight centre.

3 weeks to go:) wooooooo hooooooooooo! New rides to go on for my 5th trip.....knotts- pony express, universal- simpsons, DCA-midway mania ,Disneyland- Nemo subs (was a mth too early last time I went.)and last,six flags- X2. Ill also be making my first visit to Seaworld this time out.

You should definitely mid trip tell us how the new Simpsons ride is. Is it just in the Back To The Future area with new decorations?

3 weeks to go:) wooooooo hooooooooooo! New rides to go on for my 5th trip.....knotts- pony express, universal- simpsons, DCA-midway mania ,Disneyland- Nemo subs (was a mth too early last time I went.)and last,six flags- X2. Ill also be making my first visit to Seaworld this time out.
Lucky you. Enjoy your trip.

Well guys got back from LA tuesday, was a great trip. It was very hot especially in the last week i was there. First off, simpsons ride at universal studios was great, i reccomend it! heaps better than BTF. Knotts berry farms pony express on the other hand was not good. I think the moto coaster at DW is better, and thats saying something. Play parade at DCA was back to its full parade..(bugs life floats etc.) by the end of the trip, as i know since the accident they have only had a small bugs float with just flick and ata. Toy story mania is great, if you like buzz astro blaster, youll love toy story mania. i was lucky i rode it on the friday and saturday b4 its grand opening on the tuesday 17th. I met at the sunday mice chat meet on my first sunday there, had lunch with the gang and spent the next 7 hrs with them, so that was good. Subs were good, i oly rode them twice, and that was at 11-50pm every night, cause the line was crazy from morn till night, lol. The new dream home in inoventions building had an annual pass preview for a day, just b4 i left, but still did not open to public b4 i left to come back home. Ive taken some good photos, especially night time pics and fireworks pics, thanks to (fishbulb from micechat, he helped me with some of my settings in my cam to take the night time shots, somr turned out fantastic!. Also made my first trip to sea world, beautiful park, very well presented and maintaied, 10/10 for apperance. i would say it is one of the niceset parks you could walk around. Well thats all i have for now, ill upload some pics shortly...and questions feel free to ask. P.s. I didnt end up going to six flags this time round, so no X2

I've heard Toy Story Mania referred to as "Wii: The Ride"...is this true? Does the 3D aspect improve it much above normal light gun games? PS, I've looked up the stats on Midway Mania (And Pony Express) and submitted it into the database, so uploading the aforementioned pics will be easier.

I've heard Toy Story Mania referred to as "Wii: The Ride"...is this true? Does the 3D aspect improve it much above normal light gun games? PS, I've looked up the stats on Midway Mania (And Pony Express) and submitted it into the database, so uploading the aforementioned pics will be easier.
Gazza, I do think the 3D addition to toy story mania is what makes it a great ride. The only negative is more time playing the individual games would be great. I dont know if u are aware but as you hit targets and such, you get air blown at u (when popping balloons) and some water (spray/mist)effects too from what I recall. While you are traveling from game to game your ride vechile spins you quite quickly around the bends to its next room, which is quite fun also. Your pull gun is also pressure sensitvie, so when u pull ur string back fast it allows u to shoot at the higher/further away targets. (it is really a great game) something maybe MW could have , very re-rideable. But Disney has the rights to the technology to my knowledge.

heres some of my pics, I am so excited how they turned out, thanks to some tips from Norm from micechat. ill upload some more tomoz. (richard, is there anyway u can stop them from being lifted from the site and being used elsewhere? I wasnt sure, but it appears they can be right clicked and saved, and i dont have any idea how to watermark them, but you can and use them for your site.)

post-46-1215422157_thumb.jpg

post-46-1215422402_thumb.jpg

post-46-1215422668_thumb.jpg

post-46-1215422946_thumb.jpg

post-46-1215423085_thumb.jpg

post-46-1215423310_thumb.jpg

Edited by kennykoala

I think any of the gallery photos on here can be right clicked and saved, but stopping people from doing that (Through JavaScript or whatever) is pointless anyway because they can. A ) Turn of JavaScript in the control panel of the web browser they are using, and then right click and save. B ) Press Print Screen on their keyboard, and then paste the image into paint, photoshop or whatever. So if your picture is on the internet, in general people can find one way or another to take it. But of course, wheres the fun in photos if you are the only one to see them. Parkz does however appear to stop direct linking. If you want them to be used on here, I think you would have to re upload them via here http://www.parkz.com.au/photos/submit.html Where they are automatically watermarked.

Edited by Gazza

No worries gazza, i was mainly just asking so richard can have them on here, and not have other sites have them too. Ill upload some more today.