• Angry Beaver's Spooty Spin
    • Scream!
    • Thunder Dolphin
    • Top Thrill Dragster
    • X
    • Angry Beaver's Spooty Spin
    • Scream!
    • Thunder Dolphin
    • Top Thrill Dragster (Token Cedar Point Entry)
    • Zonga
    • Yes
    • No
    • What the **** is the Orphan Rocker?
    • Can't stand them.
    • Don't mind them.
    • Doesn't affect me since I have a Pop-up filter.
    • Excellent! Superb! I'll join!
    • It's good, but I don't think I'll join :(
    • It's the ****test forum ever created!
    • It's bloody awesome!
    • It's just slightly adjusted for bimbos to think they're cool
    • Just another microsoft product sunking in enough money to buy a third-world country!
    • Never
    • Placing Tower of Terror on top of Vintage Cars
    • Removing show from the paddlewheeler
    • Adding exotic animals (Tiger Island)
    • Removing Country Music Jamboree
    • Dreamworld adds 3 low capacity rides (Tower of Terror, Giant Drop & Cyclone)
    • Kenny Koala gets dissed in favor of Nick Characters
    • Big Brother comes to Dreamworld
    • Riverwalk Restaurant in middle of country themed area
    • Changing country fair to Ocean Parade
    • Cyclone Roller Coaster built over ex-carpark
    • Koala Country receives a facelift
    • Other (Please specify)
    • Yes
    • No
    • Giant Drop
    • Space Probe
    • yes
    • no
    • dont care
    • yes
    • no

Dose anyone think that perilous plunge would be good for dreamworld!!! Its an awsome ride, however you are better off just jumping fully clothed into a pool..lol. (the only thing is, i doubt intamin will build another perilous plunge due to the accident at knotts berry, and the awfull load times it now has with the racing harness)still anyone like to see one at dreamworld???

Congratulations! I think you may have just thought of the perfect ride to replace 'da bolt.' I for one would LOVE to see this ride built at Dreamworld, it would fit in with the whole new theming of the area and it is a pretty wicked ride. I will agree that I would have been no wetter jumping in a pool with my clothes on but that is just fantastic in itself. You think you are soaked and then POW the wall of water lands in your lap and your a whole new level of drenched. I don't know about how the restraints would be handled here...new country, new set of rules. The system at Knotts doesn't make any sense to me at all. You have 2 rides which feature the same degree of drop (Xcel and PP) with the same seating/restrain system. However PP has an accident so they are made to add the harnesses but Xcel is not...I can't work that one out. I'm really interested in the idea of PP at DW, and as they already have a good buying relationship with Intamin it could be very possible. What does everyone else think?

I actually don't think dw is in the market for snother wet ride. Think about it, they have Blue Lagoon which i might say, had been recently undergone further treatment and looks fantastic, the River Rapids which has also undergone major theming Rocky Hollow and the Captain Sturt. I think dreamworld has the ability (after talking to several ride-ops and managers around the park) to pull of something really, really big, like a rollercoaster. Again think about it, macquarie leisure has the loot rolling in, the land and the builders adequate to build something huge, possibly a B&M, or something, very, very intaminy. That's my exclusive two cents......... :rolleyes:

Can these type of rides be themed at all though? From the pictures I have seen they look ugly as. How are you ment to theme a ride that just has a lift hill heading up to no where and then a huge river/waterfall comeing back to the ground..........just looks out of place to me? Sorry but i goota stick to a coaster for that area or at least a couple of thrill rides in there with a really well done theme. Shaun

Well I think it could be themed as easily as a coaster can, thing is would Dreamworld bother with either? Most likely we would see a coaster with some nice grounds and a themed station and then just the coaster running around it... In that case all of the ground level part of the ride could be themed just as well. It wouldn't be too hard to theme the lift and hill I wouldnt think though, just look at Seaworld and all that fibreglass around BT...

The problems with the ride at Knotts is pretty much confined to Knotts. The overkill restraints that they have were an order by the State of California. And the capacity issues seem to largely be brought about by the series of incidents that have happened on the ride which have meant that it was either impossible or inefficient to actually run more than a single boat on the course. I'd imagine it was designed to run three or four boats with ease, but the current restraints don't allow that. I personally don't think Dreamworld's crews would allow it either, to be honest. Remember that Oakwood (home of Megafobia) in Wales built a near-clone of it (it is oval shaped rather than figure-of-eight), and though it is less publicised, I don't think there have been many issues with capacity or whatnot that plagued Perilous Plunge. It's probably not anywhere near my number one choice, but it's a great looking water ride - a sort that Dreamworld doesn't have. If they could find a way to slot it over near something else (I could see it built over Cyclone's helix area - tucked in that corner), and keep the Thunderbolt area open for some real rides, I'd be in heaven. :)

Unlike Cyclone (which was bought because it was a too good an opportunity to miss), Macquarie leisure has a BIG BUDGET to spend on this next ride, and theming, well, just look at alot of the other rides being upgraded i.e. the TOT getting new queue theming, River Rapids getting those lizards, crocodiles etc. plus all of that annual maintnence. I think that you can rest assured your Intamin or B&M will be here soon.

Don't be like that Richard................ :D If you think about Dreamworld do do an excellent job at themeing. With the perilous plung I think that if dreamworld wanted a boat ride like that the could probaly find a better ride then Perilous plunge. If DW wanted real themeing and a decent story they would be better off doing something like MW's wild falls or SW's Bermuda Trianlge and going the whole way.

I think Dreamworld on the whole do a decent job with theming, given what they've got. I mean, it's certainly not top priority with new rides, like it would be at Movie World, and I don't imagine it is given the budget it would need to truly be good. I mean, look at Tower of Terror - any storyline they've got going there isn't exactly obvious, nor would it make much sense (one minute you're in what resembles a mine shaft, the next you're walking along a narrow walkway with tiny dots resembling cars below you), but what they have done is pretty decent, and on the whole reasonably convincing. Plus if the sound of cars launching every minute doesn't give you the chills, the airconditioning set to approximately -190ºC surely will. ;)

Ugly yes but still an awsome ride. A lot could be done to dress up the ride and make it much less of an eyesore. The thing is Dreamworld (well at least as its come across to me) has always been the main ride park with theming as oposed to the other which are theme parks with rides and that's where its priorities are. I think this is a good thing as you have variety up there. And lets face it, TOT is a bloody ugly ride too, it really spoilt the arials of the park and ruined the atmosphere of the Model Ts. But I certainly wouldn't not have it :-)

as a person who goes to Knotts every year I think we dont need PP at any of our parks the load time is way to long on that ride you would spend most of your day waiting to get your one ride on cyclone and PP thanks to one ride op only, and knotts have 3 to 4 ops on PP and you still wait a while

I do agree with rabid in that Dreamworld's operations department would really show how not to do a ride with a "Perilous Plunge". As for the argument that Dreamworld doesn't need any more water rides because of the two they've already got, I'd say that certainly in Australia, there really is no limit to the number of water rides you can have. I mean, Thunder River Rapids is pretty well a high capacity no-brainer, and it manages hour plus queues without any effort. Rocky Hollow is exactly the same. Now, maybe for capacity reasons alone, there's no need for a Perilous Plunge type ride, but I'd think if they went for some of the less risky styles of water rides - even the standard version of the shoot the chutes, they'd have a ride that though certainly not a signature attraction, would definitely be a very popular and welcome addition at Dreamworld.