PLEASE Wet 'n' Wild.

TOT

Well, here is the prototype being asked about: post-88-1201229795_thumb.jpg I reckon you wouldn't even be 'upside down' at the top, it looks more like you would end up sideways at the apex. In any case, it looks pretty cool, Id do as Dj said and have the roof of the slide transparent so onlookers and riders could see what is going on.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks pretty hectic, where'd you find it? I couldn't find it on the site. Google images? It looks pretty good though :) it'd look great in a park I think, and by the looks of it it'd have great capacity, it isn't all that long.

Edited by TOT

Oh well, you won't have to bother with it one way or another. I know your preference for theme parks over water ones. :)
News to me that I preferred 'land' parks to water parks. Can't imagine where I've given this indication but each has their place and I'm just as keen on both. At the end of the day, I'm really just not convinced that this is a concept that is anything but a gimmick and an unpleasant ride experience at best given the speeds that'll be attained. Given it's also a lie-down body slide I'm not convinced there will be anything to see - transparent/translucent or not; you all know how little you see thanks to the rider position and how much water you get in your eyes on the average enclosed slide. If the potential for a looping waterslide was there, I'm sure we'd have seen something developed by a more reputable water slide company by now, and I'd guarantee you they'd have all worked on such concepts at one stage.

I think the key thing here is that this company is from europe where public liability seems to be much less of an issue than over here. Our extreme safety levels would probably prohibit such slides being an option for our parks. You only have to compare how we wrode Balder almost standing with no lapbars to how much they staple you in our parks or the US to see what I'm talking about.

• 3 months later...

If anything the only problem for wet'n'wild in my eyes is the landscape around H2o Zone, I still have a problem with it. It is in dyer need of a theme quickly. Its not that fun walking from a section like Terror Canyon then to H2o zone, you can feel the dip in effort that Village Road Show has put in.

• 3 weeks later...

The thing I have wondered about with something like that is whether they could actually get the rights to open one. From what I can see, I'd thought flowriders were sold more like a franchise, and hence DW might own exclusive rights to the technology and operation of one in its market. (At one point, I remember reading one was planned for Kalgoorie, so I don't think DW would have exclusive rights for all of Australia)

Edited by Gazza

There is one of these looping slides operational now. the vid shows how it addresses all of the issues brought up here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TGmBrYpZag
Great thanks for the video:) I wouldn't have thought that you could climb uphill so much after a hill that size. It would be nice if the movie wasn't german so you could understand what they were talking about. Cheers,

• 8 months later...

Hey guys Was looking on WhiteWater West's Website and noticed they actually released a looping slide called an "AquaLoop". It looks pretty much the same as the pictures of the prototype which people have posted previously and it also looks like a really good and fun slide. http://www.whitewaterwest.com/products.php...des&model=2

Edited by Ioanne6

If anything the only problem for wet'n'wild in my eyes is the landscape around H2o Zone, I still have a problem with it. It is in dyer need of a theme quickly. Its not that fun walking from a section like Terror Canyon then to H2o zone, you can feel the dip in effort that Village Road Show has put in.
Exactly... couldn't agree more. The days of Village Roadshow putting lots of effort into theming their new attractions seems to be - sadly - gone