PLEASE Wet 'n' Wild.

TOT

Loop-Slide After a 4-year development period, 2 prototypes on a 1:1 scale and innumerable trial slides by brave employees, we can present the first functioning looping water slide. loopyh5.jpg Wouldn't that be awesome! I've heard the stories of action park but this one seems like its been researched. opinions? A thrill slide for sure ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would be great but im sure there would be like a weight restriction like if your to light you will not make it all the way around surely? Because you will gain less velocity and therefore it would be hard to keep your momentum around the loop if your to light. Just a side note, I would hate to be the employee that didnt make it all the way around, how would you get out?

That would be great but im sure there would be like a weight restriction like if your to light you will not make it all the way around surely? Because you will gain less velocity and therefore it would be hard to keep your momentum around the loop if your to light. Just a side note, I would hate to be the employee that didnt make it all the way around, how would you get out?
They are both very good points! I for sure would not ride something like this! You are literally trapped in a tube! No Stairs No Exits!! Stupid Idea.... :blink:

I'm sure they would make it so that you would have to come out the other end before the next person goes, and if you're stuck in there they'd get you out! and sure, impose a weight restriction, they do the same with height, no? our society is large, most of society shouldn't have a problem. I'd find it fun.

Well yes, though that was built in the 80's.. which mustn't have been researched all that much. Apparently it was a hideous failure, but i'm sure nowadays something of this calibre would have to be inspected something chronic to actually be allowed into a theme park, so there wouldn't be all that much to worry about IMO.

Prior to Wet'n'Wild being sold by its original owners they were in fact planning to build a looping slide. A gimmick of epic proportions if there ever was one. You won't be able to see anything other than the slide around you so the effect of being upside down will be totally lost. Ever closed your eyes on a coaster's loop? That's all this will feel like. Not to mention it'd be a capacity nightmare.

You'll still have a sensation of going upside-down... I don't need a view to go with that to know it's happening. I'd definitely be up for trying it so long as it's been proven safe. Am sure there's an easy mechanism for removing people from that portion of the ride should they get stuck but no doubt it would be tested by water dummies or something anyway.

Edited by Tony Teulan

Why not just make the bottom section of the drop open? there would be no need for it to be enclosed anyway. The thing I would be worried about would be running out of chuff just past the apex of the loop, dropping off and hitting my face on the 'roof' of the vertical part on the way down from the loop. Though that drop looks big enough for that not to happen. As for it being a capacity nightmare, well it would be no worse than a Probowl or whatever. The slide would last the whole of 10 seconds. My questions are how they got around the problem of water gathering at the bottom of the drop, and how the upside down part is lubricated, with the latter I'm guessing it is just sprayers, but IMO they would be horrible to plow through.

You'll still have a sensation of going upside-down... I don't need a view to go with that to know it's happening.
There's no sensation of going upside down other than what your brain creates, normally due to the visual cues available on looping rides. The only sensation will be that of high g-forces for the duration of the loop. Visually I guarantee all you will see is what just a constant upward curve and likewise the physical feeling will match this.
My questions are how they got around the problem of water gathering at the bottom of the drop, and how the upside down part is lubricated, with the latter I'm guessing it is just sprayers, but IMO they would be horrible to plow through.
I would expect that the water will make it through the loop the same as riders do so there shouldn't be any need for additional water. This whole concept really doesn't impress me at all. I believe there are much more exciting things being done with water slides than loops.

Come to think of it, I figure it would actually border on feeling like you're making turns. Oh well, you won't have to bother with it one way or another. I know your preference for theme parks over water ones. :)

^It's his idea for one common sense solution to the problem, he was just putting it out there Tony.
I know, Gary. I was half-asleep before. Edited by Tony Teulan

Why have we not heard more about this looping slide considering the newsletter the article was in was dated September 2006. If this was such a significant milestone in Water Slide developement you would think that there would be heaps of these around the world. Does anybody know if there have been constructed for public use?

I agree with Gazza. Even it doesn't happen to someone who is sliding normally, I suspect there will be some complete brain-dead person out there who will try to slow down or stop in the tube, fall off the so-called 'roof' and quite possibly cause some serious damage to their back/neck. Without being strapped in, who knows what people will do.

Edited by Swanny

I agree with Gazza. Even it doesn't happen to someone who is sliding normally, I suspect there will be some complete brain-dead person out there who will try to slow down or stop in the tube, fall off the so-called 'roof' and quite possibly cause some serious damage to their back/neck. Without being strapped in, who knows what people will do.
Easily fixed. Riders must sign a waiver before riding that releases the park from any liability for injuries caused on the slide. Just like when you do a solo skydive. If you want to be an idiot and not pull your chute then thats your problem. ;)