Metropolis at LPM stops during ride.

dreamworld_rulz

Seven people were trapped 10 metres above the ground on a rollercoaster at Melbourne's Luna Park after a safety mechanism fell off. Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) senior station officer Ron Young said they were called to the iconic fun park in bayside St Kilda at 12.36pm (AEDT) to rescue riders on the Metropolis rollercoaster. He said management had stopped the ride after an anti-reverse mechanism fell off one of the two cars mid-ride. Officer Young said the ride could have continued in safety, as the other car's mechanism remained in place, but management stopped it as a precaution. He said firefighters used a platform ladder similar to a cherry picker to rescue the seven people. They were all taken off by 1pm. "There was no scene of panic. They were all fine," he said. The ride is described on the Luna Park website as a "fast and furious" experience "not for the faint-hearted". Not that interesting.

Edited by skeetafly

They showed footage on the news, and the car was stopped perched on the transition into the second drop. I wonder why it stopped there, do Galaxi's have a block brake there? If so its a pretty stupid spot for one as there is no catwalk and its not flat, But I'm guessing it was probably some sort of other mechanical failure that caused it to stop. LPM should buy its own cherry picker.

Edited by Gazza

This is from Yahoo News. Thursday January 24, 05:11 PM Luna Park probes ride breakdown St Kilda's Luna Park, in Melbourne's south, is investigating a mechanical failure that left seven people trapped on an amusement ride today. The teenagers were stranded in two cars on the 'Mad Mouse' when operators used the emergency brakes to stop the ride. The group was stuck 10 metres above the ground for about 15 minutes before the fire brigade rescued them. Kate Humphreys was on the ride. "We thought it was the person making it more scary, but then we realised we were stuck up there we ... got a bit scared," she said. The CEO of Luna Park, Mary Stuart, says the ride was stopped as a precautionary measure. "We train our people to act for safety and for caution and that is what we did today," she said. The ride has been closed to the public for the time being.

Guest jake-train

o rite people i live in victoria so i no the real story lol: ok that is the second drop of the ride ok rite there the rollercoaster is always going at a round ABOUT 20-25 kph ok so there is no way the thing would have lost speed ok the frount train the 1 wheel had come loose ok the wheel is 2 just run free but the got buckled ok so unshed of the wheel just spining it got suck with medle bits that hold the wheel there so heres wat it sould looklike:untitled.bmp

Guest jake-train

so hange on a sec i'm confused am i the bad guy the guy who's now got a cople of good mates and yes gazza it is 3.7 k's away but we call frankston frangaa and carrum downs cazza dee so yeah but if u were in a gange u would understand alot better so is my fact rite or wronge :huh:

so hange on a sec i'm confused am i the bad guy the guy who's now got a cople of good mates and yes gazza it is 3.7 k's away but we call frankston frangaa and carrum downs cazza dee so yeah but if u were in a gange u would understand alot better so is my fact rite or wronge :huh:
Jake, I admire your compassion and enthusiasm towards the 'theme park' industry, But please remember to try type with correct grammar and spelling. Otherwise some of the bitter people that are 'always' right on this forum will continue to throw crap at you. For a forum/website about theme parks AKA FUN! there is so many people on this board that are bitter and angry. You are bulling this guy! I know its hard to understand some of his spelling but if you use your brain you can figure it out well enough. We are here to talk about stuff that should be fun! Not argue over stuff and bully people! Its not a board about politics! and we aren't politicians! :rolleyes: Edited by skystar_a320

Jake, I admire your compassion and enthusiasm towards the 'theme park' industry, But please remember to try type with correct grammar and spelling. Otherwise some of the bitter people that are 'always' right on this forum will continue to throw crap at you. For a forum/website about theme parks AKA FUN! there is so many people on this board that are bitter and angry. You are bulling this guy! I know its hard to understand some of his spelling but if you use your brain you can figure it out well enough. We are here to talk about stuff that should be fun! Not argue over stuff and bully people! Its not a board about politics! and we aren't politicians! :rolleyes:
But we shouldn't have too. If other peeps can write in plain English so can jake-train. It's not that hard is it? Edited by dreamworld_rulz

But we shouldn't have too. If other peeps can write in plain English so can jake-train. It's not that hard is it?
True but the question is 2 Possibilities A - His English skills are not the best B - He is just being lazy and using slang, which upsets so many people. But people shouldn't just sit there and throw rocks, we don't know this boy and he shouldn't have to feel uneasy or unwelcome on a ROLLER COASTER forum thats here for all to enjoy. All I say is Jake, Maybe try a little harder mate and others please show a tad more respect towards the guy

True but the question is 2 Possibilities A - His English skills are not the best B - He is just being lazy and using slang, which upsets so many people. But people shouldn't just sit there and throw rocks, we don't know this boy and he shouldn't have to feel uneasy or unwelcome on a ROLLER COASTER forum thats here for all to enjoy. All I say is Jake, Maybe try a little harder mate and others please show a tad more respect towards the guy
Well he should have said something like "I'm sorry about the spelling my English isn't very good".

Well he should have said something like "I'm sorry about the spelling my English isn't very good".
Exactly, see, we have a few international members, and some of them come from non-english speaking backgrounds - their English is poor, but nowhere near this bad. All of them recognise a problem with their english, and naturally being from a non-english speaking background means thats to be expected, but all of them have said "sorry my english is not that good" or something to that effect. Whether or not he is being lazy, or if he truly has issues with english spelling and grammar, he is old enough where he should know better. It disgusts me that the education system in this country can allow children to progress through their grades without being able to spell. I can tell you right now that if we did not graduate children out of primary\state school (year 6 or equivalent) until they could pass a reasonably thorough spelling test, the kids who weren't able to spell because they didn't care, would pick it up pretty damn fast - and their parents would make sure of it, being that the child would be stuck in school indefinitely until he passed it. Now I understand those with Dyslexia could also be affected by this, but as so often happens these days, kids with dyslexia are treated as intellectual retards and placed into special classes, so hopefully this process would also aid to diagnose those with dyslexia and get them the assistance they require. This "Jake" is obviously in his teens, so there is no excuse that he is too immature, so its either his education system, or he is lazy. Either way it should have been picked up by his school, because I guarantee he would have learnt quick smart if all his friends got to move up a year and he had to stay back because of his spelling. And oh, what a surprise - he's in a "Gange" - the "Cazza Dee Boys". Reminds me of the "Bra Boys" in sutherland... and look what happened there a year ago... oh what fun it could be for Victoria to experience also....? To those who are "Defending" him... it does not take much to use spell checker. This isn't SMS or instant chat, a person has the time to type out their response, spell check it, and then paste it into the webpage without haste, so there is no excuse for laziness. I can understand what he writes, but barely. Its like having a conversation with a 4 year old... except its on a screen instead of verbal. The nearest 4 year old I know - my nephew - can spell better than that.

Ok I agree in what is being said. My English is not perfect either In my browser all incorrect words are underlined in red. I'm not sure if its because of MS Office or what?!?! This is so helpful as when you get an idea, you cant type it fast enough and I do make errors but before posting I review what I have just typed I agree Jake should take a bit more care and effort with his posts, but people should show a bit more respect. I think we should drop this, and Jake Please from your end please try to watch what you are typing, Do you have MS Word? that has a spell checker maybe type in there 'spell check' and then paste into here. 'Lets all just be friends' ;)

Ok I agree in what is being said. My English is not perfect either In my browser all incorrect words are underlined in red. I'm not sure if its because of MS Office or what?!?! This is so helpful as when you get an idea, you cant type it fast enough and I do make errors but before posting I review what I have just typed I agree Jake should take a bit more care and effort with his posts, but people should show a bit more respect. I think we should drop this, and Jake Please from your end please try to watch what you are typing, Do you have MS Word? that has a spell checker maybe type in there 'spell check' and then paste into here. 'Lets all just be friends' ;)
If you have Mozilla it comes with a spell checker however not all words are spelt or come up correctly.

Guest jake-train

u no wat i'll tell u the real story ok i'm in yr 10 now ok I SUCK at school like i relly do because i just can't do the work ok. i LOVE roller-coasters ever since i was a little boy ok so i'v been trying to past school so i can get a job with any type of rollercoaster so thats y my school has told me that i have to make this year my last year. But i would die to be able to go to school till year 12 but i just would't be able to do the work so i found this web-site and was hopeing that i would be able to learn some more stuff about rollercoaster's that might be able to get me a little bit more closer to getting a job with them. so even that i would have spellt some stuff in this e-mail thing wronge i'm sorry. so if u guys would like me to leave ok i will but i'am sorry about all of the stuff that i have caused so yeah and one more thing is that i'm a bit of a m.s.n guy so i'm sorry that i spell like that. :unsure: