Demon or Cyclone?

Nightshifter

35 members have voted

1. 1. Demon or Cyclone?

• demon
    • cyclone

Demon, while it is a mass produced clone, has something I have never seen on another non-vekoma coaster - the boomerang element.
Coasters with boomerangs that arent Vekoma(AKA Cobra roll, batwing): Alpengeist Avalancha Hydra the Revenge Incredible Hulk Jokers Jinx Kraken Kumba Silver Bullet Mad cobra Monte Makaya Orochi Poltergeist Pyrenees Sceam! Medusa Colossus Dominator Drachen Fire Dragon Kahn Dueling Dragons (ice) Flight of fear Tornado Superman: la Atracción de Acero Wildfire Batman and Robin, the chiller Just to name a few :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he didnt, He said that demon has a boomerang, which he has never seen on a non vekoma coaster, in other words, he has only seen boomerangs on vekomas. But anyway Steve, if you insist you are right, here are some vekomas that arent Boomerangs, which have the boomerang (cobra roll) element: Shenlin Face/Off HangOver Invertigo Stunt Fall Deja Vu Unknown -flamingoland Unkown -OCT Bejing

while it is a mass produced clone, has something I have never seen on another non-vekoma coaster - the boomerang element. not only is there nothing like going upside down, bending left, righting up, bending right, upside down, and then topping off a loop for good measure, but then doing it all again backwards!
Ok so to recap 'I' have never seen on another non-vekoma coaster "THEN DOING IT ALL AGAIN BACKWARDS." the only coaster out of that whole list up there that fits that description, with the exception of the boomerang model itself was the Deja VU. The Deja VU is THE SAME DESIGN as the Boomerang range, with the exception that it is INVERTED, and because of the inversion, the LIFT HILLS are different. This was simply a modification on an existing design - the design I was talking about. For those that are totally brain dead, I have attached pictures to illustrate.

The Deja VU is THE SAME DESIGN as the Boomerang range, with the exception that it is INVERTED, and because of the inversion, the LIFT HILLS are different.
If you are talking about the slope if the lift then no that's not true. Look at Vekoma's invertigo models...inverteds with almost the exact same sloping as standard boomerangs...the GIB's are vertical simply to provide a higher thrill and ofcourse because they are so huge it is much more space effective. Or were you meaning something else about the lift hills that I totally missed? :confused:

I dont think there is any need for that kind of response Paul, especially given some of the crap that comes out of your mouth that we all have to listen too. Honestly I sometimes I really do think this site needs height and age restrictions... that could work because then you probably wouldnt be able to ride with a mental condition which gets rid of half the morons kicking around :)

Thanks rappa, you said it like a bad rapper who talks about his mum (eminem anyone?) I don't really think age is that much of a problem here, rather the lack of maturity leading to brain cell deficiency. Some people need to learn the art of comedy, then use it to tell the ward nurse that they're not an idiot.

• 2 weeks later...

After just getting back from dreamworld two days ago, i really realised how much i missed the demon! Going to every major fun park i tried to ride everything, but the biggest dissappointment was at Dreamworld. Big dipper was a great ride, squeezing between the rocks and coney island then turning around at the harbours edge (well close) or when it would dart through the confined taj mahal tower above the entry stairs. The BD was also very smooth. What i went on in Dreamworld was no where near as good. A coaster in a field with nothing zooming past you or close calls but a good view of the carpark and the temporary holiday carpark. (on top the thunderbolt site) I dont understand how people can say that the Demon was rough bar the first inversion going backwards, it was not that bad. Cyclone on the other hand must have been cut up into lots of little pieces for transport, and when assembled in QLD the welders didnt line things up because it was very jaggered down the straights and it threw you side ways alot. There were no points at which butterflies started in yours stomach as you did on the demon whilst getting dragged backwards up the hill, or not knowing which way is up through the inversions. Visually the demon looked tough, black and not to be messed with. Cyclone looks like it should be wrapping around something but it does not. There is just a big void in the centre, also baby blue and filthy grease covered yellow do no justice. As if the contrast between big dipper and cyclone was not enough, to get off the ride i had to walk through doors, down stairs, up stairs, downstairs, along ramps up, down, backwards and then five minutes later finally back out in the park! Demon was intimidating and nerve racking, Cyclone was a let down (Due to having rode the big dipper numerous times) If the multitudes of cash that was spent on the confusing themeing was used in the original budget. They might have got double the coaster. (isnt a cyclone a natural occurring weather storm, then what was that big thing in the middle of the spiraling ramps) So basically what i am saying is DEMON is better! Most memorable moment in the demon, loading into the front carriage at 11:58pm on Monday December 31st, been dragged up the hill with around 15000- 20000 people in the park screaming Happy New Year! At the first Utopia dance party on new years at Wonderland