The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I think it was mentioned somewhere that water was going to be included and in this thread is a section about it just go back a few pages.

and if they are, then won't the water be shallow so your hand will scrape the dirt/cement under the water?
No, of course not! No matter how deep or shallow the water is riders would not be able to touch it, far to dangerous.

It always tends to be an illusion of how close you are to the ground, but in reality rides are always built so that nothing is in the way of the safety envelope. There is one coaster that lets you touch the water though: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files...orld_16_100.jpg

Edited by Gazza

wow, great pics Gazza! :D It looks like they really want to make this ride really eyecatching from the bridge and other viewing areas. I'm really excited about this coaster, it seems like SW really hit the nail on the head with this one. And that tunnel is gonna be interesting. But i really don't see how that's gonna work? :unsure: . So the train comes down that banked hill and onto the 2nd launch, (now this is where the tunnel is gonna be, yes?) where it will be launched again. But how will the cars slow down to a complete stop (or slow speed) for the storyline (the sealion that is trapped), before the tires kick in and launch the cars?

Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

Thanks for the pictures Gazza :) With the trains, how may seats per carriage are there. I though there was only 2, side by side but, in those pictures it looks as if each carriage might hold 4. Is this a possibility or just wishful thinking in terms of capacity.

Edited by cadboy

There is one coaster that lets you touch the water though: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files...orld_16_100.jpg
this is what i was thinking off when i posted my original comment, it should be ok to touch the water and it looks that if you have long arms you should be able to! EDIT Edited by backslash

There's a thing down the bottom that says: "But wait, there's more... This page shows the newest photos. For more Jet Rescue Photos, see page 11. " Click on that to see the rest of the photos. Its no different to the way a forum thread works, where linking takes you to the latest posts. But you still have to look at previous pages. I mean say if you open a thread, and there are only 2 posts on the last page, it doesn't mean that there have only been two new posts in that thread since your last visit, it just means that the thread has spilled onto a new page...there could still be unread stuff on previous pages. Also, look at the dates on the photos, they are November 8th, so all photos with that date are part of the update.

Edited by Gazza

• 2 weeks later...
Any hint on the beginnings of that blow hole cave they mentioned on the official site though?
I would think the finished product would look a little like Bermuda triangle, who knows they might be connecting the two, that would result in head choppers and tunnel effects. I'm also looking out for mist like on superman escape when you come out of the launch.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on how this ride is going - considering it is meant to be opening in 23 days?
Well there is an update, but very similar to Joz's, on themeparkphotography.com. It looks like the first launch and station will be inside a cave :o , considering the station is also covered by the white-pole arches.
Without having any photos for now, I can tell you that the trains have been launched around the track, and everything is progressing well despite the rain.
Great!, So did you get any video, of the ride in action? Or mabey just pictures? It'll be good to see how fast this thing travels, especially near the end. So we can compare to DW's moto-coaster. Looking forward to the update :)

Well there is an update, but very similar to Joz's, on themeparkphotography.com. It looks like the first launch and station will be inside a cave :o , considering the station is also covered by the white-pole arches. Great!, So did you get any video, of the ride in action? Or mabey just pictures? It'll be good to see how fast this thing travels, especially near the end. So we can compare to DW's moto-coaster. Looking forward to the update :)
Will get some as soon as possilbe for you...Footage is on its way.

^ Looking forward to seeing footage online since I sadly have none. Suffice to see that the ride is still going pretty quick by the end; the second launch looks to kick up quite a bit of speed. From the looks of things, the missteps of MDMC have yeilded a few good lessions, and they've been applied here. Apart from the 2 rides being a similar concept, there isn't much comparison between the them. Pretty much everything, from the landscaping to the restraints to the speed of the ride has been improved this time around. Anyway, as promised, a new update! Click the link below then "Previous" to see all 9 photos in the update. http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...Jet_Rescue.html - Enjoy!

Edited by joz