The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

Guest dreamworldfan

Now the coasters in those pictures, are seriously good looking coasters. Its rides like those we need, not rides that are already 3 mins down the road.

Thats what I was thinking... the horse has potential, motorbike and jet ski well yea... but a Cougar?! WTF were they thinking with that? I'd seriously laugh if Dreamworld added them to the Motocoaster and still kept the theming!
i dont know, maybe they can have an actuall story line, about a race course attacked by cougars... which people stradle for fun...

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I just will add my 2c... i find it absolutely incredible, that if this does end up being something awful like MDMC, that Australian parks choose vekoma for their worst ride models (lethal weapon and the defunct demon boomerang) then go with intamin instead of vekoma on a style that vekoma simply does better. Whatever. I have honestly started to give up hope that we will ever see a serious coaster in Australia..... superman excepted (although it really ain't all that either)

The Green Room was not actually a clone. WhiteWater World had brought it before Wet n Wild. All of the rides at WhiteWater World at the time of the parks announcement were due to be Australian firsts, Minus the Temple of Huey. Wet n Wild then jumped on the Tornado idea and built it before WhiteWater World's opening. And it's not a clone as such anyway, The Green Room is a different model to Wet n Wild's Tornado with a slightly higher drop into the bowl and a extended flume section before the drop. I also think the funnel elements size may be slightly bigger but I'm not 100% Also with the Water Coaster, I havn't heard anymore on it lately. But hopefully we should see some construction soon.

hmm??? Dreamworld getting angry about Seaworld "cloning" a ride... *cough* Green Room *cough*
But Tornadoes are such a common attraction these days, nothing more than a standard addition any self respecting water park has.
I also think the funnel elements size may be slightly bigger but I'm not 100%
There are 3 distinct funnel sizes. The 60 ft ones are at WnW and WWW (What made you think the WWW is bigger, other than an excuse to give another point to the WWW one?) There aren't any 45ft ones here (An example of one of them is at the Hersheypark Boardwalk), nor are there any Alley/Tantrum sized mini ones (Though WWW has one in planning)

The New coaster at Sea World will be a B & M Dive Machine! Peter.
Um i'm sorry Peter, but i highly doubt this is true :huh:. First of all i'd like to know who you managed to get this information from?? And secondly, have you read through this thread?? For nearly half the thread people have been suggesting, and even nearly proving that it will be a simular rollercoaster to MDMC. Where you stradle a seat or sit on a jet-ski type car. Some even thinking it's going to be an Aqua Trax by Intamin. If i remember correctly, someone also posted up a comment that said that Sea World's new coaster will be low to the ground. I highly doubt that a B&M dive machine is 'low to the ground'. :rolleyes: CoAsTeR TeeN

Can't say any more... I believe that a B&M Dive machine is coming to Australia. I have made the assumption that it is for Sea World as they are the only park with a new project under way. It doesn't have to be high to be fun. Time will tell.

Edited by petestrash

it will be a simular rollercoaster to MDMC. Where you stradle a seat or sit on a jet-ski type car. CoAsTeR TeeN
sitting on a jet ski was certainly what was suggested by John Menzies at the employee ball at the beginning of the year. RE: Tornado/Green Room - I seem to have been proven wrong, soz. Although when I first went for my interview to work for WVTP in (approx) October 2005, we were shown a video of the tornado and told it would be an upcoming attraction. This must've been planned for at least a few months previously.

Wet n Wild then jumped on the Tornado idea and built it before WhiteWater World's opening.
Although when I first went for my interview to work for WVTP in (approx) October 2005, we were shown a video of the tornado and told it would be an upcoming attraction.
How did I forget about this? Remember, Tornado was announced a year ahead of its opening http://www.parkz.com.au/article/2005/09/16...-Expansion.html
By the busy Christmas holidays, the Park will literally have increased in size by one-third and offer the biggest and best selection of water based rides and slides anywhere in the world, whilst simultaneously increasing the capacity by 50%, reducing queue times of the Park in line with its ever growing popularity. But the excitement won’t stop there. Next year will see the launch of yet another thrill slide - Tornado, adding a further dramatic dimension to Wet’n’Wild’s total entertainment offering and cementing the Park’s position as the country’s leading water park, and one of the best of its kind in the world.
So WnW had one in planning at least 15 months ahead of when the one at WWW opened. Lets just call it a draw, since nobody knows how early they would have hit the plan at either park.
By the busy Christmas holidays, the Park will literally have increased in size by one-third and offer the biggest and best selection of water based rides and slides anywhere in the world, whilst simultaneously increasing the capacity by 50%, reducing queue times of the Park in line with its ever growing popularity. I lol'ed a bit when when petetrash claimed a dive machine was coming...for SW, no way...Not enough space, too tall, to thrilling. The only thing known anywhere is that there is dive machine track in production at B&Ms fabrication facility in Ohio, but the park it is going to is not yet known. S7300020.jpg African Safari world would be my bet if it turns out one is coming here, but that's a pretty big 'if'.

Well I fantasize that MW will one day get a Dive Machine but highly doubt it, in the near future that is. Intersting that they are actually making a dive machine track at B&Ms fabrication facility. It could be headed for a Six Flage park because every one of their themeparks is getting at least one new attraction this year including eight new rollercoasters according to the website. We can only hope that it is headed for Down Under though.

Ok, now that you have a photo. All that I have been told is that the dive machine in the photo is headed for Australia. Again, I only assume that it is for Sea World. Alton Towers in England also has very restricted hight allowances, and they have had a dive machine for years. See the attached photo. Well anyone local to the park, keep an eye out for big holes being dug. That should be a good sign it's coming here. I do agree African Safari would be a good alternative location especially since they are trying to emulate Busch Gardens in Tampa which has SheiKra. But I don't think planning permission has been granted, so it would be unlikely to expend that sort of money without a place to put it.

post-225-1212896716_thumb.jpg

Exuse my ignorance but why do parks have height allowances? And why does it vary from place to place.
Really, it just comes down to local planning restrictions. I'm sure someone like Skeetafly can shed more light on these sorts of issues, but basically there are rules that restrict what you can and cant built in certain areas in order to preserve the local character, environment, appearance etc. It varies from region to region and country to country, because the world is a very diverse place. Building a big tall block of apartments is probably not going to be too out of place at Surfers Paradise, but imagine building one in a historical part of Brisbane.... Alton Towers has so many issues with height because the park is located in the countryside, surrounded by woodlands, so local residents and authorities are quite opposed to huge steel structures poking up above the tree line. It would be a pain for them, but it has meant they have been forced to come up with some innovative ways around the restrictions, resulting in some very unique and successful rides that probably wouldn't have come about if they were just building on flat land.
Alton Towers in England also has very restricted hight allowances, and they have had a dive machine for years.
But I think the water table would be a huge issue for anything built underground at SW. It really do think it is highly unlikey that it's for SW, especially considering they have already announced to staff that they would be getting a Jet Ski coaster. They also simply wouldn't have room for the significant amount of space one would take up. What makes you so sure it would be getting built instead of the jet ski coaster?
I do agree African Safari would be a good alternative location especially since they are trying to emulate Busch Gardens in Tampa which has SheiKra
. But remember, it's actually appeared on the concept artwork, making it far more likely to be going there if the park goes ahead. http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?a...ost&id=1606 This is of course, assuming a dive machine is even coming here. Edited by Gazza

But I think the water table would be a huge issue for anything built underground at SW.
Harder agreed, but technically not that difficult these days. They just build a concrete pipe rather than a tunnel.
It really do think it is highly unlikey that it's for SW, especially considering they have already announced to staff that they would be getting a Jet Ski coaster. They also simply wouldn't have room for the significant amount of space one would take up. What makes you so sure it would be getting built instead of the jet ski coaster?
Nothing, other than it's the only park currently undergoing site works. The only reliable info I have is that this coaster is headed down under. SW is just speculation. Though it wouldn't be the first time a park has said that it's getting one thing and instead installs something better :)
But remember, it's actually appeared on the concept artwork, making it far more likely to be going there if the park goes ahead. http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?a...ost&id=1606
This makes the most sense, except the time frame. Maybe they will put it somewhere else first? Wherever it goes, it will be great to have one in Australia. I have been on a couple of them, and sitting out to the side without any tracks above or below waiting for the drop is a great feeling.

I think we can stop speculating that the dive coaster is at SW, the area the park is building the ride, I think is to small, SW don't go for huge rides like this, we have seen pics from mattcrombie with a boy sitting on a jetski for filming of the new ride, I was told by someone in the company of a jetski ride, staff were told and we were even told the name of the ride by mattcrombie. Its been stated before that its from Intamin and I think WVTP recently went to see the ride in germany in Switzerland where Intamin construct there rides. I think that's more than enough evidence to prove that SW is getting a jetski coaster and not a dive machine. I could believe MW getting one, has there been any clearing of land around there??? But then again they are already receieving a new attraction this year, also it seems very unlikely to me that MW would put in a dive coaster, then not long after have malbourne get one!!! In the concept art of Safari park we see a drawing of something like space shot, personally i think it could be a S&S drop tower, simply for copying reasons!!! Were not as big as America, if we copied rides, well why would melbourne people come to the GC for a coaster they already have, but if was a B&M flyer, then they would, same for GC people going to Melbourne!!! It only works in America because there so big!!! Therefore I just don't see that coaster as ours, there is speculation in America that there is dive coaster going in there, so that's where its probably headed!!! Can ask petestrash the photo Gazza showed, you said that's ours!!! Is it? How do you know that? Can I just ask how good's your source!!! Now if that is ours i'm thinking that it for Safari park and if doesn't go ahead it comes to us!!! I'm laying 10 bucks that there will only be one dive coaster in Australia and that's if it does come, it will be in Safari park!!!