The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am off to seaworld sometime in the next week- currently in brisbane bowling the Australian Junior nationals, we are heading down to the gold coast tomorrow. i will check it out then and try and sus some info out of a few people there, after my helicopter flight and seal adventure..... hopefully if i ask enough people i might get some sort of info.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a Photo I managed to get from the day when they took the Promo Photos for the Coaster. Lots of Lighting and wind was done and then the rest is photo shopped. The Logo has been made and is Red & Black Also its gonna have a Dual Launch. Which means 2 launch parts for those people who dont know what it means and its gonna be very low to the ground from what i have heard image212mb2.jpg

Oh dear god not another Intamin motorbike coaster. Please tell me it's not true! Why are our parks so obsessed with Intamin? Normally it wouldnt be a bad thing but in the case of the motorbike coaster we know it's a terrible model! And the fact that 'low to the ground' has been mentioned does not bode well for the ride. This is how they were advertising Dreamworld's Motocoaster saying that by having it low to the ground it "increases the sensation of speed". What a load of...

From what I've heard its a cutom layout, not a copy of Mick Doohan. WVTP know the problem of Mick Doohan and I'm pretty sure they won't repeat it, but you have to remember its a family thrill and WVTP will probably market it that why!!! There was a kid on a jetski! Its a dual launch as was mentioned so that means it will probably keep speed up!!!

when i was there a week ago they had filled in part of the lake in the section between bermuda triangle, the pirate ship and corkscrew. so now the lake stops at the bridge. not alot of activity all that was happening was that they had fenced off that area and gotten rid of the water. motocoaster isnt really that low to the ground. well not what i would classify as low to the ground.... so you dont exactly get that sensation of speed.... but im sure WVTP will learn from the mistakes dreamworld made. if they market it as an actual family ride instead of a thrill ride then they will be right i think. seaworld is more family orientated anyway except really for corkscrew, so this will hopefully fit in well.

All other aspects of the ride aside, the single biggest problem with Motocoaster is its restraint system that is uncomfortable and leads to a dismal capacity. The family vs. thrill ride thing has been done to death, but at the end of the day I couldn't care less who they market it to because if it's a pain to queue for and a pain to ride, then it's of no interest to me.

All other aspects of the ride aside, the single biggest problem with Motocoaster is its restraint system that is uncomfortable and leads to a dismal capacity. The family vs. thrill ride thing has been done to death, but at the end of the day I couldn't care less who they market it to because if it's a pain to queue for and a pain to ride, then it's of no interest to me.
I think it's quite likely that it will have an automatic restraint system so it will probably be painful and slow.

Well, with this style of coaster, there is only 1 way which Intamin have tried it, and to be honest, the only thing which I can see wrong with it is the fact that it takes so long to load 1 train, as on the MDMC, 2 operators are required to check the restraints, and lock them in, and the whole process probably takes around 40 seconds per row of seats if everything is going well. It gets even slower when the safety systems kick in because the restraint isn't closed to it's likings and whatnot. But just to comment on the "Comfortability" of the Mick Doohan coaster, I have ridden the ride 7 times over 2 days, I have been stuck on the rides brake run for excess of 25 minutes, and I fail to see where everyone is coming from when they say the ride's restraint system is uncomfortable. Is anyone able to explain which aspects of the restraint system is "Unfomfortable"? I am not saying your all liers, but I would really like to hear from you guys who have ridden it what aspects of the ride cause you to be uncomfortable.

For me it's mainly the panel that is over your leg. About halfway through the ride it gets pushed down alot harder. It's caused leg cramps for me several times. And as you've said it's just plain inefficient, and I don't know how they could reach the 700 rider mark if it takes 5 minutes to dispatch a train.

It wasn't too bad for me, but on one of my rides I managed to get my leg stuck at the wrong angle so it cramped up quite badly.

Its not a Intamin Aquatrax I can tell you now. Its a some other Intamin track. Not sure what style
Is it possible that they could just use the aquatrax train design? post-88-1209530133_thumb.jpg post-88-1209531705_thumb.jpg For what is being described I think it just fits the bill perfectly. Here we have a car that is already designed to emulate jetski riding, and is already set up for working with a magnetic launch, so why not use that? It seems weird to try and adapt the motorcycle train design with its tilting front section, to a jetski design....you wouldn't be achieving much other than slowing down loading. I really do hope they try to be more adventurous than with MDMC, they don't really have much of a reason to make it all flat turns like a racetrack, there is no excuse for not having a few bunny hills at least, or tighter turns, I mean the idea of a jet ski on a coaster track is a bit absurd anyway so no point aiming for a realism that isn't there to begin with. Maybe going over bunny hills could be like riding over big waves. Edited by Gazza