The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

When I was told what it was in early stages I was told one large jetski, that means aquatrax to me, then I was told like MDMC, which means that model to me so I'm pretty confused!!! Also I believe it is a October open there aiming for and the track and coaster is almost doena and ready to be shipped out. Also construction should start soon on what's replacing the Eye, its animal orientated and does sound awseome sure to attract the teens!!! There's other stuff but I will not release anymore!!!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was told what it was in early stages I was told one large jetski
If that is what you were told, and plans haven't changed then that pretty much has it in the bag. In some ways both models share similarities (Launched, and featuring saddle seating), Aquatrax just seems like too much of a good fit for it to be anything else. Perhaps just saying "it will be like motocoaster" is just an easier analogy by which to tell people about it, since nobody would really know about the existing one of its type since it's in Korea.

Interesting developments! I definitely think the Intamin Aquatrax would give a superior ride experience than any motorbike-style ride. I have not had the pleasure (or displeasure) of riding the motorbike coaster at Dreamworld but I do know that nothing is more frustrating than a ride with slow dispatch times. Still, a Mack Water Coaster would've been better. :P What Sea World doesn't have one these days?

• 2 weeks later...
Only just discovered that Vikings Revenge will be shut for almost 3 months (May 1st till July 20th) for scheduled maintenance. Anybody else think a closure of that period would also have something to do with the work on the new coaster?
It could have something to do with the coaster. But i was at seaworld last weekend and the viking revenge ride had scaffolding on parts and all the boats were removed and the whole thing was drained so they must be doing quite alot of work on it.

There's a few components that haven't been replaced since the ride opened, and those are the areas which will get the bulk of the attention. Despite being small problems, they account for a disproportionate amount of the downtime, and but require going right into the heart of things to be fixed. All things going well, it should be back to being as reliable as it was a couple of years ago. Bermuda you'll find the same thing, just one or two small problems that requires a real good amount of effort to fix to bring the ride back to being very reliable, and that's the goal of the extended downtime that both rides are getting this year. It doesn't have anything to do with the new ride.

Edited by joz

Well, I went down the park today and nothing really interesting is happening on site apart from more sand in the place of water under the bridge: post-88-1211012585_thumb.jpg Vikings revenge is also short one lift hill: post-88-1211012717_thumb.jpg Not a whole lot else was happening, the new penguin point looks nice, but the penguins seemed to have just congregated in one corner. The old enclosure is now a photo centre. I also met John Menzies today, but said I hello and little else. The other thing I did was go on Bermuda, and it seems as if the fire on the final drop is gone, and a lot of the fog (such as in the vortex at the start) is less dense.

Edited by Gazza

I do know that if wind speed reaches a certain speed the fire effects in Bermuda stop running, And the fog in the "Anti Gravitron" area hasn't been running for a while... And in regards to the Vikings Revenge... I think some hooligans stole there lift hill :P Daniel "If you ride the Flume... Catastrophe is Imminent..." Harmer

Guest dreamworldfan

working at Dreamworld as an OP, i dont know anything at all concrete (or reliable), but i was told that Maquarie Leisure was very unhappy that SW "are cloning there ride" (direct quote), and that they are likely to now build another new ride to out compete it.... another ride that will be marketed as a thril ride when its not? perhaps a new Extreme Avis Vintage Cars Adventure reaching speeds of over 4KM HOUR!

Edited by dreamworldfan

another ride that will be marketed as a thril ride when its not? perhaps a new Extreme Avis Vintage Cars Adventure reaching speeds of over 4KM HOUR!
LOL! I totally wouldnt put it past them. I Havent heard anything about DW Management being annoyed with Sea world building a clone.. Its a bit sad of them if they are.. Too Bad if they want to build the same ride, are they going to be the same when an overseas park builds the intamin version? Why they would want to build a clone though who knows..

I dunno, Surely intamin would have learned a lot from the installation of MDMC, and surely theyve had a bit of time to work on its flaws. I think MDMC would be an alright coaster if it didnt slow down so damn much. I reckon it would fit alright into the lineup at Sea World, maybe throw in a kicker wheel or something, just to give it that little bit of a push where it slows down to that rediculous point, and see what happens.

Guest dreamworldfan

ive never worked on the Motorcoaster, but i know from personal experience thats its just poorly thought out, and im paying out my own park here. Ive been locked on it once, and twice been told its closed because of electrical failure while in line. Do they unplug it at night? I would find it seriously sad if the makers don't fix it before it's "Clone" gets to sea world quick question, If the ride is at all similar to the MDMC, then it will have elevated criss crossing, have you ever seen a Jet Ski that can fly? and im aware MDMC has flying motorbikes

If i remember correctly on the media launch... I think the 3rd ride with guests on it got stuck on the brake run for 10 minutes. If you watch the POV on Parkz of it, you will notice a short jump in the footage at the very end... this was where it broke down. I was just lucky I was in the sidecar so it didn't hurt!

Guest dreamworldfan

i love that story : ) yeah, the time i got locked in when i got off (and everyone else) could hardly walk, caus your legs are put in the most awkward position ever, im hoping the skis dont involve you being locked in so awkward

Guest dreamworldfan

Who really wants to saddle up a cougar seriously. WTF i do like the TOT, i also like water craft if only they could incorporate senseless violence or questionable content.... ;)

quick question, If the ride is at all similar to the MDMC, then it will have elevated criss crossing, have you ever seen a Jet Ski that can fly? and im aware MDMC has flying motorbikes
See, its that type of mindset that resulted in MDMCs bland layout....They tried too hard to make it like a racing circuit and the net result was a layout full of nothing but turns and gradual rises and falls. Who cares if jetskis don't fly....that's not the point, the point is to give priority one to a good layout, and priority two to fitting in with the theme the ride vehicle provides. Personally, I think rides like Piraten and Kawasemi give good examples of the sort style I would like to see (though obviously with reduced height) 5308010853gk9.jpg5208010852ac5.jpg Now, ignore the big high up bits of track, and you can sort of see what I am getting at, just a layout with quick directional changes, lots of pops of airtime, and non wide turns.