The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

You can guarantee that the closure is indeed related to upcoming construction. Haven't you ever been to Sea World? The train most definitely does run on rails... the map even shows this. The park is basically broken down the middle by the train line, which runs around the perimeter of the back half of the park. It runs along the eastern edge of the park, behind Corkscrew and I'd expect that the construction site access point will be along here, with trucks etc. coming straight off Sea World Drive onto the site.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, the train is in the construction area, from It runs along the eastern edge of the park,to it's storage shed underneath corkscrew, to where it then turns the corner and runs west, over the big stone bridge (And from there, goes past the flume station, does a curve and runs south past Sesame St beach, calling at a stop opposite the tavern, then it does a big u turn around the seal stadium, and from there runs around the western perimeter of the park, calling at the water park, before basically shadowing the monorail track along the northern and eastern perimeters of the park) It's definitely one of the underutilised rides by guests, personally I think if they have the space, it should make a stop at the new coaster. Edit: Ok, so that's what I get for getting something to drink in the middle of a post. In order to give this post some meaning, here is the train route: post-88-1213601578_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

^Proves how long it has been since I last rode it (Cartoon Network Beach was being built at the time) Truth be told, but the only time I ever rode it was when my sister and I were at the park, and we rode it from the main stop to the water park, and that was it, the driver laughed as us because it was a cold, wet and windy day and we thought it would be a good idea to get off there and go on the slides whilst the water park was empty. Is it even a popular ride anymore? Perhaps it might be more useful to everyone if it was more like the DW one. If they are just going to have it as a scenic tour, its sort of missing the mark because there are better views from the monorail.

Edited by Gazza

Sorry about that. That proves my theorem anyway. If you drink and post you’re a bloody idiot. Gazza if you read further down the page you will see it says Private Certifier The G.G.C.C. is only involved with the approval if the approval requires town planing or a relaxation. The reason why you see things pop up at different times is just dependent on when the private certifier lodges the plans they approved to the council. If the approval goes through the council then you are able to access plans from the net but if the approval has been approved by a private certifier then the council will charge you to make those plans available.

Just on the Sea World train, it really isn't worth the ride these days. I could ride the Dreamworld Train all day if I wanted to, because it is Authentic, and provides a good and interesting ride. The Sea World train, whilst I believe it is the original locomotive, and cars, it is a slow ride and I mean it is faster to walk alongside the train than to ride it slow. I am not sure if it's like that because thats all the locomotive is capable of, or if the operators run it like that. I am not sure. I would actually like to see Sea World invest in the Train ride somehow, by upgrading the locomotive and passenger cars to either a steam locomotive (it can be built to scale, doesn't have to be as big as Dreamworld's train), or even a diesel locomotive that has more grunt. It's time for the park to bite the bullet and do something about it. (End rant by a Railway Enthusiast).

I have a little more info/rumours on the B&M dive machine under construction that I posted about earlier. This should be taken as heresay for the moment, but makes sense. It may not be heading for downunder...the rumour is that it was ordered for ASW, as it was expected to be fast tracked by the Victorian Govt. But there are issues blocking this from happening, and it is up for sale. The current rumour is that it may now be heading for China. I don't know how much of this is true, but thought I'd post it here as it made sense. If I hear anything more concrete I'll post to a different thread, as it is now clear that regardless of where it's going It definitely not going to Sea World. Sorry for the assumptions.

OH, How exciting. Let's hope it does have a really unique layout. Also I think they should make a small lake underneath the ride, which would be cool as people ride in jet skiis above the lake. I also would like to see the ride dip under the bridge. Bring on the Constuciton Seaworld. Cheers.

I think Sea World could make great use off all the obstacles like ride structures and the monorail track Etc... look at corkscrew and that amazing head chopper created my the monorail track. - And Yes if they build the coaster over water (even a little bit of water) it would be great. -Sea World its time to show us how creative you can be, or how creative the coaster producer can be :P Zane.

If it's truly a Intamin Motocoaster, I don't think it will be very creative... I mean look at MotoCoaster :P But then again it is Sea World, and they always make there rides creative. I mean look at Bermuda and the Vikings Revenge, how well are they suited for there environments. I'm just hoping that when track arrives it ends up being Vekoma track and not Intamin!

I know motocoaster keeps cropping up as a bad Intamin ride, but you can sort of put that down to a couple of major reasons -Boring layout. -Uncomfortable and slow loading train design. Now, there is plenty you can do about the first point, If Motocoaster had done something a simple as putting in a few bunny hops (instead of that single 'speed hump' ) then I probably would have liked it a lot more, so really it comes down to what they have in mind. As for the second point, there are other ride systems that load faster.... The more and more I think about this, the more and more I am convinced that they would be using the aquatrax ride system ahead of the Motorbike launch coaster, from what has been rumoured. Jet Ski seating for starters, which an Aqua Trax has. Another rumoured features is that it will be having two launches. Now, here's where it gets interesting, if you are having two launches there is a clear advantage from a blocking perspective...it would be more suited to small 8 passenger vehicles than a full train you would have no hope of loading in the time it takes to pass the first block. Secondly, braking a train and relaunching is obviously a bit inefficient, so if you are only having to relaunch small vehicles instead of a full train your power usage is a bit lower. Also, the ride is in a tight spot, and the longer the train, the wider the turns etc. need to be to balance the forces between the back and front, though things are far easier with a shorter vehicle. Also, a magnetic launch is another one of the rumours out there..the Aquatrax is magnetic, the Motorbike coaster is Hydraulic. The Aquatrax can also do a nifty B&M style water splash, so if It can do that I'd imagine it would be more preferable given the theme of the ride. lf I'm wrong feel free to tell me.

True true true so very true.............. i think what they could even do is how somone menchoned in that they could possibly wind it in with its surroudings and all (the monorails track and the bridge and all) is possibly make it do a left tilt going underneath the bridge and then give it a quick boost then continue the twist in an upwards motion then flatten it out and then at some point make it go along side the monirail or even make it curl/twil around it and stuff (kind of like in the movies and all it would be so great to have someone possibly even make a "picture/diagram" of it PLZ :rolleyes::mellow::lol::D

• 2 weeks later...