The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunno, I personally receive emails from them in two ways. I get emails for being a pass holder ("E-news"), and I get emails for being on the my fun mailing list ("Myfun Club"). I actually have the former going to my ISP email, and the latter going to my hotmail, not really intentional, but at least I can tell which is which. I'm presuming you guys get the pass holder emails, but not the Myfun Club ones...Only explanation I can think of.

Edited by Gazza

Dunno, I personally receive emails from them in two ways. I get emails for being a pass holder ("E-news"), and I get emails for being on the my fun mailing list ("Myfun Club"). I actually have the former going to my ISP email, and the latter going to my hotmail, not really intentional, but at least I can tell which is which. I'm presuming you guys get the pass holder emails, but not the Myfun Club ones...Only explanation I can think of.
Well actually it is the opposite I am not an annual pass holder but am on the myfun mailing list. I t must just be for the annual pass holders. :blink:

Went down today, probably a bit of a wasted effort considering there have been very few changes apart from the existing footers being joined together. Turns out I misinterpreted the turn at the front of the site, at the moment it seems as if there will be two u turns down there, and they will be stacked above each other. So currently, the layout I can figure is this: post-88-1217759228_thumb.jpg The flume ride is being refilled though.

Gazza, I honestly don't know what we did for construction updates before you moved to QLD... thank god for uni eh? the updated photos look really good. Some excellent work being made there, and definitely something to count on for christmas. By the sound of the myfun email, and the looks of the construction the theming on this is going to be to bermuda's once wonderful standard. Rocky outcrops and so on... sounds good. Some of the Reo near the viking flume looks like it might be more for the theming than the footers. All the footers have regular hexagonal support structures (as you pointed out in one of the captions) so I am thinking all the additional rebar is for theming construction etc. Just with the amount of Rebar, that points towards some good theming additions. You also mentioned in one of your captions about the animal pool at the back end. I think its safe to say that the necessity of protecting the animals could also do well towards the theming aspect, and we might well see a nice overhanging rock wall at the back bend there - similar to the style we see in the promo photo on myfun also - roaring around that back bend with a sandstone rockwall hanging over us like a standing wave.... I can't wait to see what sea world do with this. Good work on the photos Gazza, keep us posted.

Haha, originally I was planning on heading down on a roughly 10 day cycle (Wednesday is my day off)..Go on a Wednesday, and then the weekend not directly following etc. But the slow pace for the time being has led me to abandon that for the time being. Joz, can you say when something interesting/milestone happens so I can come down (Or better still, take photos so I can save fuel...or is that not allowed after work?) Can't be stuffed going until say the majority of the footers are down. When they start putting track up I'll start going again more frequently.

And they mentioned you wont be able to see the wheels.
I thought that was just me being a smartarse with respect to the concept art?
Gazza, I honestly don't know what we did for construction updates before you moved to QLD
I thought Richo did a pretty bang up job with Motocoaster, especially getting the exclusive behind the scenes photos. I guess since its my first year up here I'm visiting more often then most of the other locals would, hence I often find myself doing a 'park crawl', start off at SW, drop in to WnW to see what is happening, finish the day at MW when it is quiet, head home... PS, the flume was being refilled the day I was there, and that new rock fountain was going, they did a really good job with it, concrete rocks seem to turn out so much better than the foam ones, it actually looked like granite and seemed as good as the Disney ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going down to the GC on Wednesday, but am going to be at MW all day, and in any case I'm going on the train, not with the car so getting to SW is a pain (Hurry up and build that light rail dammit) My sister is home for a month from living in the US (Hence us going to MW) so I haven't really done any anti social park crawls :P Ill get back into it in a couple of weeks time.