The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I was going to ask that...light, dark, aqua? To be honest, ever since I heard about this ride I haven't been able to shake the mental image of a colour scheme similar to Surfrider. Second question I was going to ask..Is the track that two rail style of track seen on motocoaster, or is there some of that three tube triangular, or four tube square style track?

Just wondering Matt, was there anything stopping you from going closer to the fenced off bit...did you peer over to see what's inside? Also, not meaning to play the mod or anything, but apart from the first few posts on page 1 about the Mack water coaster plans, couldn't this sort of be split off since the current thread title is misleading since its a Jet Ski Coaster?

I went on here when there were only a couple of shots, didn't realise you were still in the process. Anyway, for a bit of a laugh, why not check out how the motocoaster track pieces looked from a similar angle: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...otocoaster.html

Edited by Gazza

Gazza, track on the far left of your linked MDMC shot, looks like the track in your enlarged SW-JR shot - it looks 90 degrees.... on both of them... if not then close to it. I certainly hope Sea World has been smart enough to avoid the mistakes of MDMC. Its going to be a real shame if it comes out looking like MD... People are going to yawn and say it's just like MD - and that was slow..... At the very least if it does turn out to be another Moderate Coaster, the theming that WVTP are renowned for could at least make up for it - maybe close proximity will give the sensation of speed. I really hate it when two parks close together get rides of the same specs... sure theres a different course\track layout, but when its the same track design, etc, you don't feel the need to ride it because you've ridden the other one... This could backfire. Water Coaster would have been better.

Just noticed something, but do subscriptions still exist or not? A topic has obviously come up in that forum about this, but I thought that aspect of the site had sort of been abandoned.....nobody has their green usernames anymore or anything, and I'm still unsure as to what the go is with that DVD.

Edited by Gazza

Haha LOL :P SW track is heavily banked which could mean it is a tad faster. DW track is well, flat in most parts. To put what Gazza said into a direct comparison check out below. :)
Thanks Cadboy, but I think you should compare apples with apples. I referred to the track on the far left for comparison - not the second on the left. Attached is a JPEG comparison that won't take so damn long to load, featuring full size images from the site, and comparing apples with apples. (or for those of you who don't know what an apple is - comparing helix with helix, and not helix with overbanked turn.)

post-152-1219887652_thumb.jpg

and for the marine theme park where vacant land is scarce, expectations couldn't be higher
Excellent point, you'd hope they would be thinking carefully about what they are choosing to give space to these days, as there literally isn't room for anything that is a filler. I'm interested to know what the real budget is for this...We've heard heard $10 Mil, but I'm thinking back to when Superman was supposedly being built for $12 Mil, which grew to $16 Mil by opening day....An this thing is rumoured to have caves and rocks etc to be weaving through.
Gazza, track on the far left of your linked MDMC shot, looks like the track in your enlarged SW-JR shot - it looks 90 degrees.... on both of them... if not then close to it.
The main gist of what I am saying pertains to the other bits of MDMC track you could see, notice how drawn out the transitions are, Jet Rescue on the other hand seems to be doing a full twist to nearly 90 degrees in the space of just one segment, in a similar style to much lauded rides like Maverick. Compare with the final product of MDMC and you can see just how long it takes to twist between the turns. Also Joz, just wondering, did you see any track that looks like it would be part of a hill rather than a steeply banked curve? . Edited by Gazza

Thanks Cadboy, but I think you should compare apples with apples. I referred to the track on the far left for comparison - not the second on the left.
Oh Alex I was actually just made that in relation to Gazza post not yours ;)
Anyway, for a bit of a laugh, why not check out how the motocoaster track pieces looked from a similar angle: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...otocoaster.html
It was to see the photos sided by side for a more direct comparison.
Attached is a JPEG comparison that won't take so damn long to load
Ops I am sorry I forgot to zip it. I am wondering about the same thing Gazza. MDMC just seems to do helixes without any non banked hills. It would make this new ride funner if the were some bunny hops througout the course but we don't no yet, so lets hope. Cheers, Edited by cadboy