The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone else think that they may have designed the double launch so they could have multiple trains on the track? I mean if the have studied MDMC like we all have and singled out all Inefficiencies. You can already see that by using a simpler restraint system they have put more thought into capacity. MDMC is disgusting... it should never run with one train it is just ridiculous. If they use the two launches like Maverick, a train could pull into the second launch and wait until the train in the station launches.. once it has the train on the second launch could go.. by having a break run mid trip i beleive makes the system fail safe and thus doable. Imagine if they had three trains.. you could unload one while loading the other as the third is launched. Even if the trains where say only 20 people at a time you could be cycling atleast twice as many people as MDMC... maybe evern more considering there is no complicated seating arrangements. Jet Ski Rescue might not be our NEXT MASSIVE COASTER... but it is certainly a much more dignified attractin compared to the embarrasing MDMC... i was not surprised at all when it came in as the second worst coaster in the world... Jet Ski Rescue really proves to me so far that Warner have a very good understanding of their customer... kids want something more then a wippy gimic and adults don't like being lied to through marketing.... BIG 6 yeah right!! I had more fun on the back of my mates scooter going to work the other day then being on MDMC. Okay rant over and out...

Has anyone given any thought to what the storyline might be? Considering the double launch, and also that I DO NOT work in operations, my guess would be an animal rescue (obviously). I'm going to GUESS that we'll get a call out to an injured animal (probably a dolphin) and that will be the first half of the ride. The second half will start with the second launch and will be the return trip but (with any luck) there'll be a storm approaching and the seas will get rough, meaning a faster, steeper and better ride than MDMC. Once again I just want to point out that I don't work in ops and have never worked at SW and everything in this post is pure speculation. It if happens to be even remotely close to the truth then it's just a good guess.

^An interesting idea I heard floated on another forum was the possibility to race/duel the train on the second launch with the one on the first. Operationally, it might be difficult and it would rely on the hydraulic system having the capacity to do it, but the potential is there,

I'm going to GUESS that we'll get a call out to an injured animal (probably a dolphin) and that will be the first half of the ride. The second half will start with the second launch and will be the return trip but (with any luck) there'll be a storm approaching and the seas will get rough, meaning a faster, steeper and better ride than MDMC.
Hehe Deja Vu, I was thinking something similar about the middle of the ride being the resuce. That is a cool idea though with respect to the last part of the ride being a bit stormier. I mean, it would be better to make the second launch more powerful than the first...more of a grand finale if you see where I'm going. http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?s...ost&p=53842 Edited by Gazza

Hey Joz thanks a whole lot, for all those photos? How much track was left to put up when you were there? I am really interested in the last part of the ride, Now does anyone think they are going to do something with the empty middle section inside of those turns, theming wise I mean? Photo below> Mabey they could enclose that area and put in big fans and mist as the storm gets wilder, just a thought though. http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...er_24_2008.html Note: How different is this looking to MDMC

Edited by Richard
Please don't upload photos from this site to the forums -- you can just link them.

Thanks Joz for the update. Looks A LOT more lower to the ground than MDMC, and the transitions are MUCH more quicker. It looks like you'll be 'flicked' through the transitions in this picture, rather than ease gently into them. I'm still not really getting this layout btw ;) . Like I'm not too sure where the trains are heading after the first launch, and then after that where do they enter the 2nd launch. Would this pic attached be right, in which way they are launched from the station (1st launch) and which way the train will enter the second launch? Could somebody mabey sketch up a layout, because I can't really visualise it at the moment. :) Thanks

post-1433-1222827270_thumb.jpg

Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

Hey, I've done a basic recreation of what I can see so far in NL. From what I can tell of the pictures, your pic would be right Teen and one launch would be the opposite direction to the other. Anyway, here's what I've come up with: What we've got so far, as best as I could make it :P . I think it might be a bit spread out but it gives you an idea. nolimitssimulator200810bo8.th.jpg The unknown? This is probably the most basic layout for that area but none of us know what it is going to be yet, all just a guess. nolimitssimulator200810lj6.th.jpg

I wonder if its going to run two trains and have two stations like superman escape? also good work on trying to take the track into No limits, once its finished I might do a complete recreation in no limits. So far this coasters looking awesome :D

I think a few more crossovers would improve the ride as there is only one ATM. If the first part of the ride which ALIENSK did on No limits is infact the correct layout then I will be dissapointed as it the second part would then almost be a clone of the first part and make for an element repitious layout a bit like MDMC with helixes

An interesting idea I heard floated on another forum was the possibility to race/duel the train on the second launch with the one on the first.
If the launches launch in opposite directions that would make a very intersting duelling effect if they were going to synchronize the two.
I wonder if its going to run two trains and have two stations like superman escape?
Zane, I am sure that they will have ordered two trains mabey even three as others have speculated but they might not be running the amount of trains the bought year round. Just like Superman only runs one train usually in off peak periods when there is less demand. I would say most likely two stations as WVTP would have learn't from MDMC poor capacity issues and this would boost capacity. Edited by cadboy

I really hope the second part of the ride is intensely themed, like dodging rocks or something like some people have said. The part after the first launch in NL I just based on Gazza's layout drawings.. which is just really a large banked curve. I'm sure it won't be anything like what I've done in NL as that would be way too short after the first launch, and both the launches would be too close together in the ride. You can see though in some pictures that you'll enter the second launch turning right, so the track has to bend out that way towards Bermuda. Hopefully some stats and a layout will be revealed soon, or we'll just have to make up what we can until it's complete. Can't wait to see more construction over the coming weeks though, and hope this is our next great roller coaster!

If the no limits creation represents the first section - its going to be really boring - launch, do a u-turn, and then another launch. I'm hoping theres more to it than that. The theming possibilities are endless. Simple landscaping similar to shark bay would be perfect, but more complex "enclosed" landscaping would absolutely make the ride. There needs to be water here - Jetski's don't really come off on land like motorcycles do (although when was the last time you saw a yellow road for a motorcycle - at least the track here is blue). My only concern for the water element is that it is going to hurt the coaster over time - and like SurfRider - have to be switched off (or if water restrictions kick back in - same again). It really doesn't look like its going to be long enough. Family coaster - ok no problems - reptar is only 30 - 45 seconds, but still it would have been nicer to have a longer experience. I still hate those mounting points between track and footer - but i suppose where you can keep costs down you can buy more coasters quicker, so i'm not going to complain too much. Overall, I think we've got ourselves a nice little family coaster here that will have enough thrill element, and enough gimmick to pull the punters. The coaster itself will be good enough - thats my call, and i'll put money on that one - but my only concern is how well they're going to pull off the theming. If its themed like bermuda, or superman, or batman, or scooby - then well done Warner Village and way to stick it to the man - but if its something like MDMC or SurfRider - a few rocks, and a few plants, with maybe a pond at the bottom of the gulley - it's going to be a disappointment. Make it more like the photo in the myfun mailout, and i'll be happy.

I have a feeling that the coaster will be launced on boxing day... a very popular time to launch new summer attractions. With so much construction already complete i would be very surprised if it will take more then a couple more months to finsih and test the actaul ride leaving more then enough time to construct elaborate themeing. I beleive the area at the back at least will have a taller rock face to cover the Seaworld back of house area. The track layout is looking good especially when comparing it to MDMC. Overall length i would suspect to be longer then MDMC at least, definately longer then Corkscrew.

I would say most likely two stations as WVTP would have learn't from MDMC poor capacity issues and this would boost capacity.
Just so you know, MDMC has two separate load/unload areas. As for water, wouldn't we have seen some kind of ground work already starting? I mean, the ground level is not dug deeper in the main area, although up the back (where the rocks are) does seem atad lower. IMO it looks like the rocks will be the only theming up there. I don't know... only time will tell I guess.

I say if they dont flood it we break in at night and leave some hoses running. We would be doing them a favour if anything *eye twitch*. When are jet skis used in animal rescues anyway? I can think of a Whale stuck in a shark net... a shark search... the euphenisation of a baby whale (Poor ?Colin?) or perhaps after watching the simpsons last night, the protection of Sea Lions...

Just so you know, MDMC has two separate load/unload areas.
Thanks for the heads up ash, I wasn't quite sure ;) I reckon there will be heaps of themeing/story explination in the queue and also during the ride itself . While in line multilple moniters explain why you have been called out and what your mission is. The jetskiis could be a new more versitile technology they are trying and that is what you will be using. The moniters could also display some short informing facts about the jet skiis such as max speed = 72kmph, Cost = insert coaster cost, Manufacturer = Intamin etc. etc. The rides themeing possibilty as many have said probably will be, water (hopefully), enclosed rocky caves, mist/fog/wind and hopefully other more elaborate ideas and things that will improve the ride experience greatly and make this a fantastic new addition to the park. Element wise I think some small, airtime bunny hills could complement the theme. In a jetski as you go over the waves you get many bumbs that send you out of your seat alittle (If I remeber correctly). The bunny hops, I think would add extra realism and perfectly deliver that true jetskii sensation.

Element wise I think some small, airtime bunny hills could complement the theme. In a jetski as you go over the waves you get many bumbs that send you out of your seat alittle (If I remeber correctly). The bunny hops, I think would add extra realism and perfectly deliver that true jetskii sensation.
I think going by the track seen in these two pics it's a given that we'll see some form of a bunny hop in the layout :) I'm pretty interested to see the length of the trains. The turns do seem really tight that would only really suit a smaller train of say 3 or 4 cars (think Maverick style), plus with the track having atleast 4 blocks (station, launch, 2nd launch and brakes - or 5 if there's a dual station) it'll open up the possibility of having more than 2 trains on the track at one time.

I'm pretty interested to see the length of the trains. The turns do seem really tight that would only really suit a smaller train of say 3 or 4 cars (think Maverick style), plus with the track having atleast 4 blocks (station, launch, 2nd launch and brakes - or 5 if there's a dual station) it'll open up the possibility of having more than 2 trains on the track at one time.
I agree Flea it will be interesting to see how many cars per train and how many trains. If they are smaller trains like Maverick then I can see it working with the theme as well. Mabey there are groups of resque teams going out to save the animals meaning we have more trains with less car in each. Corney I know but still.