The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

I was there yesterday... the landscaping looks a bit blah IMHO. The 'cave' has rocks over the opening on the side closest to the bridge to the Corkscrew, however is yet to have a top to match. From memory [correct me if I'm wrong], the side of that tunnel has a crappily-painted ocean scene on it which is a weird thing to have on a cave! The pools look pretty bad, like the coaster was made by someone new to RCT3. The way the rocks are stacked doesn't seem that realistic either. One thing in its favour though is the track is extremely curvy, I'm just hoping to have some decent pops of airtime as the hills could have been better.
I'm not surprised to hear this. It seems like the days of high standards of theming from Warner Village (Bermuda Triangle, Wild West Falls, Scooby etc.) might be over. Most recent additions just don't seem to have the attention to detail and theming $$$ spent on them

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for providing the link. I don't think it's sped up, I think we're seeing skipped video frames as it seems to play jerkily for me. Hard to tell because once it's fully loaded, can't be replayed without reloading the tab. Edit: Ok so you can rewind it to an earlier part, but it actually doesn't seem any smoother. From what I could make out, it should be a heap of fun. ANY coaster could top MDMC though with the exception of a Wacky Worm (the speed of which DW's coaster drops to halfway through, mind you!) But it gave me no impression that I didn't get from looking at the layout in person on Sunday. I really hope the cave improves and the sealion rescue part is done well. I don't like the name becoming 'Jet Rescue' though. 'Jetski Rescue' makes a lot more sense. Jetskis aren't called 'jets' for short, are they? The name makes it sound like a dogfight scenario. I mean, even Superman Escape could have been themed better - as in, more extensively - more details in the station, better effect for Superman's appearance, a Metropolis facade, etc - but it was still quite cohesively done. This looks a bit half-baked. Hopefully things will go into overdrive for the next few days before opening but I'm not holding my breath. At the end of the day though, if the experience the layout suggests it will, it'll be ranked closely behind Superman Escape and Scooby Doo on my ranking of local coasters. Perhaps equally tied with Scooby Doo, just a different kind of experience.

Edited by Gold Coaster

Yes I'll be honest I was standing in the Bermuda station not so long ago and remarking that it would be interesting to see the theming detail if the ride were built today. The boxes around the concrete supports for the overbridge are a prime example. There is no doubt they'd be bare concrete today... You only have to look at recent changes to the volcano to see standards have dropped, and geeze I'm trying my hardest to fix that. I have been assured the cave will look like a cave inside... but Im reserving my judgement till I see it, can't confirm soft opening yet though.

In my professional opinion, that video is NOT, repeat NOT sped up in any way. First of all, you'd have to be pretty stupid to try and hide it like dreamworld did after seeing the angry responses they got over it, and secondly, the video contains someone speaking while riding. Its very hard to keep audio at normal frame rates, and speed up the video, when you have lip sync to worry about - i promise you by this video, it's fast, and I highly doubt that the video is anything but a reasonably true representation. THe overheads MAY be faster on the video than they are IRL, but the talking portion of the ride seems to have a similar ground speed, so I'm gunna say this is one fast mother. (well - in comparison to it's yellow brother up the road) Seriously Clint, i'm sure we don't know just how much you're trying in there, and I for one really appreciate it - I'm betting scooby wouldn't have been lifted without your input either, so all we can do is support you and give you the fodder to fire... keep at it mate. Really hoping we might see a soft open tomorrow - keep us all posted everyone!

Ok, so i'm guessing no word as yet on any "soft openings".... my cut off is going to be about 9:30 tonight so if we don't know by then i'm gunna miss it.... any staff just logging on after a day at work (or clint logging on in the middle of the show - naughty naughty).... any news?

I'm not sure where this is coming from about the theming....Granted I think the station looks a bit boring, but in terms of the area around the ride, is there any outdoor coaster in Australia that actually has this amount of landscaping (And interaction with said landscaping)? I quite like the real (as opposed to foam) rocks and pools around the ride, and I imagine it will begin to look nicer once it all the plants grow.

Edited by Gazza

Hi all, Frequent lurker, never poster. Thanks to all of you that have contributed information to this thread - I have been following it for some time eagerly awaiting the opening of this ride. My daughter and I are coaster fanatics, and will be up at SeaWorld towards the end of January to ride Jet Rescue, and are really looking forward to it. My daughter is 8, so height restrictions for rides are always highly relevant for us (at least until she grows to over 140cm!). For some reason, this information is often hard to come by - even now the SeaWorld web site simply states "Please check with Guest Services on the day of your visit" - hardly helpful if you're planning a trip specifically to ride. Anyhow, for those that want to know, according to an email reply I got from SeaWorld Guest Services, the minimum height for this ride is 125cm and the maximum is 196cm (woohoo - we can both ride!). Also, if you want to download the video from the SeaWorld web site so you can play it back at your leisure instead of wasting bandwidth streaming it, the direct download link is; http://myfun.com.au/images/galleries/seawo...trescue/vid.flv You'll need a suitable player such as VLC media player to play it. Cheers MichaelD