Tokyo Disneyland and Sea better than US

I recently visited the Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea on the 21st to the 23rd of January this year for the 2nd time. I must say how much better these 2 parks are, to the Californian parks. Californian adventure is a great park, but the disneyland there is getting old now. Although the rides arent in english, the rides still have that disney feeling to them. Most of the shows are in english tho. Tokyo DisneySea has 3 great shows, a broadway show, a jungle one, and there water parade is amazing. You dont see this sorta stuff at the US parks. I dunt know if any of you's have seen jetstars prices to go to japan lately, but there peanuts. I honestly wouldnt bother going back to the Californian parks. I'd be happy to hear what you guys think, if u argue of what iv said, or if any1 has been to the Tokyo Disney parks. Cheers! JD

I recently visited the Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea on the 21st to the 23rd of January this year for the 2nd time. I must say how much better these 2 parks are, to the Californian parks.
Totally agree with you on DisneySea - it's nothing short of the best theme park I've ever been to. Likewise, I think rides like Pooh totally beat their LA counterparts. However, there's still that sense of nostalgia and something unique about the California park that can't be replicated. I think that Disneyland (not DCA) has an amazing feel - it's packed in, every square inch is ridiculously themed and every attraction, store and piece of theming fit perfectly like an incredibly tight jigsaw. While Tokyo Disneyland is awesome, the extra-wide streets and more spaced out planning really do make it lose some of that original character. A lot of the queuelines haven't been hidden as well, and you certainly don't feel the intimacy as much. Ask me to compare Florida with Tokyo and Tokyo wins handsdown. But there's always going to be that originality, sentimentality and amazing design that will keep me going back to California.

I have just come back from a trip to Japan to. I to, went to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea! And I swear Disney Sea is the best Park I have ever been to! I would even say better than its neighbor Disneyland. I loved it so much! And plus they have some Disneyland rides in there to like Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones. Only ride I was half disappointed in was Raging Spirits, it was still all fun I just expected it to go faster and it was a short ride for the wait compared to the others. Even the Carousal was great fun, (but go on second level). I didn’t find it that difficult with understanding everything as I speak a little Japanese but even my friends that don’t speak one word got round so easy. Recommend to everyone to go even to Japan itself such a beautiful place with the friendliest people! LOVE IT! :lol:

I'm going on the TPR Japan trip and those are two of the parks on the itinerary. As a big Disney fan, I'm really looking forward to visiting them the more I hear. DisneySea looks amazing and as I love the Haunted Mansion it'll be surreal to do the ride in Japanese!! gallery001.jpg And doing a different Tower of Terror will be great: tower_of_terror.jpggallery019.jpg

Edited by Gold Coaster

I have been to Tokyo Disneyland an Disneysea and i must say, i prefer Tokyo Disneyland than the original in California. Its alot bigger, I felt the rides were made to cater for more people and more intense in some cases Eg. Splash Mountain you sit 2 in each row, and the ride is alot more better. The park is immaculate and deff has a different vibe to the original but I still prefer it. As for Disneysea. It is far my faviourte and best Disney park i have been too. The theming is so good, you completely feel like your in another world. I cant wait to go back soon.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just returned from the United States. I visited Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure which is simply brilliant. I recommend these two parks and spending a bit more money on getting the Express Plus VIP pass (149US) as my mate and I zipped through each attraction very quickly. Longest wait was 5minutes to ride. I also went to Walt Disney World and was disappointed. I wouldnt mind going to Japan and visiting these two parks. Where is the best place and cheap to stay? When is a good time to go when lines arent too long. Cheers Steve

Ok...well I went last year as mentioned above and it lived up to expectations! June is the rainy season in Tokyo, so if you are planing to be there then, plan for it to be wet, rains most days but it does mean less people. We decided to risk going right at the end of may/start of June which worked out fine, the 4 days we were there, we got 1 day of rain (rainy season hadn't really started yet) and the queues and crowds were anything from fantastic to comfortable over the three days in park and the hotels were at low rates. As for the best place to stay...its not even close the cheapest...stay at hotel miracosta for at least 1 night if possible, there's nothing quite like staying practically inside a themepark as fantastic as disneysea. For some cheaper convenient options, check out hotels all around Tokyo disneyland, the monorail makes convenient travel...or for cheaper options again, stay anywhere on the train line. Trains will take you anywhere. Other than that...make the effort to get there!! It was a fantastic time and I'm hoping to get back there real soon! Jay