Boomerang Bay

Shaun

Over in the US, Paramount's Kings Island is building a new huge water park to open in 2004. "Inspired by Australia's breathtaking Gold Coast, the new "Down-Under" resort area creates an exciting new world of exotic exploration that encompasses more than 50 water activities." Some of the major atractions include: Jackaroo Landing Tasmanian Typhoon Kookaburra Bay Just something intresting i found I thought you would all like Shaun

Yeah, it looks interesting. I'm not sure how well it'll come off as "Australian", but it looks like it's going to be very interesting nonetheless. I like how they mentioned the Gold Coast - somehow I don't think we're going to see the park themed with sky scrapers, nightclubs, cheesy tourist attractions and theme parks. 8)

Its a bit of a given that its going to another Paramount park (Carrowinds isn't it?). Just one point: Is anyone else interested to see that the new flyer at Canada's Wonderland is to be given a Tomb Raider theme? Don't forget that Rugrats & Nickeloden were well inserted into Dreamworld well before Nick Central, and Dreamworld and Paramount seem to be getting along quite well these days. I dare say if it wasn't for Dreamworld, Paramount wouldn't even know there was such place as the Gold Coast.

posted by slick

It's unfortunate though that it's replacing Stealth, but you get that  
Stealth isnt at Paramount's Kings Island it is at Paramount Great America in San Francisco which is alot like work WBMW. I was there in July and Stealth was a rough vekoma ride with lots of head banging the locals are glad it is going the only good thing was when the ride did a 180 twist at the top and you were hanging. The superman flyers by B&M are way smoother. And Boomerang Bay will be opening at Paramount's Kings Island and Paramount Great America next year and after Dreamworld next big ride I think Boomerang Bay will follow here as well.

Yeah, let's clear this all up... There are two Boomerang Bays coming to Paramount parks next year. Paramount's Kings Islands are replacing/renovating their Waterworks water park, to make what sounds to be a very serious attempt at an all-inclusive and well themed water park. As rabid said, Paramount's Great Adventure are also adding a Boomerang Bay, replacing Stealth. They say that the park wasn't correctly targeting its major demographic (families) with Stealth, and it sounds to be a fairly rotten ride with dozens of design flaws, so they're doing the smart thing and removing it. With a rumoured stopover in The Netherlands (you know, California to Carolina... it's practically on the way) for a bit of a fixup. I'm moderately interested in the new flyer for Canada's Wonderland. It's the Zamperla model, which they say is by far the worst of the three (as you would expect, I suppose). You say it's Tomb Raider themed? Sounds cool, but I'd keep in mind it certainly won't have a squillionth of the budget of PKI's version, so I'd say anything they do won't exactly do the Tomb Raider franchise proud - of course I'd love to be proven wrong. :)

My point about the Tomb Raider theme was that if Dreamworld were to add a permanent Tomb Raider attraction next year, that what ever Paramount do with the name could be coming over. Boomerang Bay replacing Blue Lagoon and a Tomb Raider themed Zamperla flyer? Sounds possible, just hope they go with a better flyer. Unless of course they put Boomerang bay on the thunderbolt site...?

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking at the pki.com website. There is now a list of all the attractions opening in Boomerang Bay. Have a good look down the full list. It makes me drool. This place is opening with a massive amount of slides and attractions. Wet n Wild doesn't even come close to it and its been open for years and years. It also makes me sad when I think about Wonderland's 'big' Beach refurb this year... and all we ended up with was SOME repainted slides. I also noticed something interesting... one of the attractions at Boomerang Bay is called 'Snowy River Rampage'. Sound familiar?