Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dreamworld_rulz

Geatel to host the Weakest Link

3 posts in this topic

Gretel Killeen linked to Weakest Link hosting gig Article from: The Daily Telegraph February 09, 2008 12:00am SHE proved to be the weakest link in the Big Brother overhaul but it's not yet time to go for TV's hostess with the mostess, Gretel Killeen. Confidential understands Channel 7 is in negotiations with the bolshy presenter to front the resuscitated quiz show The Weakest Link. Formerly hosted by the haughtily dismissive Cornelia Frances until it was "shelved indefinitely" in April 2002, The Weakest Link initially proved a ratings hit for Seven when the local version of the UK show first appeared in 2001. The network was staying tight-lipped on their rumoured star signing yesterday, but the ink on the contract is almost dry, according to one insider. "As far as I'm aware the show is coming back and Gretel is doing it," the TV source told Confidential. While Killeen had outgrown the younger viewing demographic of Big Brother, her sharp tongue, wit and savvy presenting skills were never going to leave her short of a new prime-time challenge in 2008. "She's the perfect fit for a role like this, the show went out a hit and with Gretel on board, will return a hit," a senior production company source said. Killeen's post-Big Brother career is being directed by management agency Creative Rep, which names Tom Williams, Myf Warhurst and Corinne Grant as clients, among others. But a spokeswoman from the agency wouldn't confirm the link in the Killeen-Channel 7 chain when quizzed yesterday. "As far as I know Gretel is having time out at the moment, when there is something to announce we will do so," the spokeswoman said. Source: Daily Telegraph Link to story I think she'll be a great host for the show. EDIT : I stuffed up the title.

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Cool my Aunty won one of the old episodes the ginger head hosted her is name Julie

Edited by PixelPushed

Ha ha ha "Geatal". Anyway Cornelia will aways be the one who was known for being a bitch and blunt at the same time. :lol: