Parkz Forums now open!

Richard

The final switch is currently underway. With that the forums will now be accessed from http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/. All user accounts, posts, personal messages etc. remain totally unchanged. You can login with your regular username and password. The transition isn't totally completed. Forum uploads including avatars and attachments are still on their way, so if your avatar isn't currently working you don't need to reupload; it'll be sorted out shortly. The forums will also be styled to fit in with the new Parkz site design. If you're encountering any problems with the forums (not the main site) post in this topic and we'll get things sorted out.

I'll probably introduce two forum layouts; one which is full browser width, and another fixed to match the site and then let everyone choose which they'd prefer. The fixed version will be the default most likely. This has been something I've always wanted to do but have never gotten around to because I also prefer the bigger width -- doesn't make sense having a 1680px wide screen res and only be using about half of it. Should have these both available within the next few days I hope. Attachments and avatars are back to normal. There are still a few lingering login issues which I'm hoping to get resolved as soon as I can.

Hey, when I click on the link on the main parkz site to go to the forum, I get this error. so I sign in and all I get is a blank white page with the error that is up the top of this screenshot (see attachment). I think this logs me in still because when I manually type http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php into my address bar to come here it works the forum works and I am signed in.

post-1968-1203290357_thumb.jpg

That error should now be fixed so as far as I can tell everything is as it should be, at least with the forums. In the bottom left corner users can switch their forum style from the default fixed width to 100% page width. The 100% one has the benefit of database and photo search boxes and I hope to add a few more functionalities like that over time which there's unfortunately not room for with the fixed width. If anyone's still getting any problems let me know.

Just a small thing I noticed in the Control Settings Panel (the panel where you choose your favourite ride etc) there is a box which says this: Full Name We use this field to credit any content you may choose to provide to Roller-Coaster.com.au. Leave it blank or only enter your first name if you don't wish to enter your full name. It is not publicly viewable.

In the bottom left corner users can switch their forum style from the default fixed width to 100% page width. The 100% one has the benefit of database and photo search boxes and I hope to add a few more functionalities like that over time which there's unfortunately not room for with the fixed width.
Will there be one that will work with fire fox any time soon?

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi there! It's been a while since I visited the site! The forums are indeed, much better! This board's version is designed for up to date browsers, so if you're sill using Internet Explorer 6 or an earlier version of Firefox, etc. then it's time for you to upgrade.