Main Street In for a Change...

mattcrombie

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have to agree with Matt i recon the roof will be really good when it is complete. Just to fill you in Cadboy i spoke to a friend of myn in entertainment this morning he is pretty high up in that department and he said that the tree's will be going back in on both sides of the plaza and from what you can see from the new photo's that have been uploaded on the street they have re-done the large brick pots on the left hand side of the street but they are slightly smaller than the old ones and the fountain still remains. I think the roof and when the trees are put in it will make main street more movie like. Also i was wondering if my post's have improved at all.

I would have to agree with Matt i recon the roof will be really good when it is complete. Just to fill you in Cadboy i spoke to a friend of myn in entertainment this morning he is pretty high up in that department and he said that the tree's will be going back in on both sides of the plaza and from what you can see from the new photo's that have been uploaded on the street they have re-done the large brick pots on the left hand side of the street but they are slightly smaller than the old ones and the fountain still remains. I think the roof and when the trees are put in it will make main street more movie like. Also i was wondering if my post's have improved at all.
Since you asked:
  1. A full stop is your friend It should be used regularly - example "in entertainment this morning. He is pretty high up..."
  2. Mine - as in gold, as well as belonging to me - as opposed to 'myn'
  3. Not everything that has an S on the end requires an apostrophe ( ' ). Example: photos, trees, posts, as opposed to photo's, tree's and post's
  4. Spellchecker, as has been said before, is your friend. If you can't access spell checker, do what I tell some of my more "lacking" staff - open microsoft word > type everything up in there > spell check (hit F7) > copy and paste it into the reply window. - eg: Reckon as opposed to recon.
  5. on a side note - and not really a big issue - is I wouldn't suggest you need to clarify that your friends are "pretty high up in that department". Members (and visitors alike) are usually aware of the nature of information that comes from park staff. Generally, if its sprouting a new coaster, its grain of salt time - as our long term member\employees have usually got the inside on it, and would be able to give us a wink if it were true. Less "substantial" matters, such as the trees being put back in, are usually something anyone would know - I guess what i'm saying here is that its kind of "big noting" yourself by adding that in - its not needed - we're all pretty well connected somehow, and chances are, we know someone who knows someone who knows your "pretty high up" friend. As I said - it isn't really an issue as such - but just a tip.
  6. lastly, to answer your question - Yes, I would agree that your posting quality has improved a little. I would suggest that if you try to follow some of the points above, it will be even more so. Thanks for making the effort so far, and look forward to both your contributions and responses in the future.
Cheers, Alex.

This is stupid guys. Your posts are now fine. Don't listen to Alex. He's nitpicking. Alex's posts have mistakes from time-to-time in them too. So does everyone's posts. Don't get caught up on trying to make them perfect. Personally, it's more annoying you asking if they are spelt correctly then what they were in the first place.

I have to disagree. Anytime someone is willing to seek help, to ask for, and accept it with a sincere intention to improve and make themselves better for it, I will offer. I do not consider it to be nitpicking. He enquiry was in relation to the quality of his posts. I pointed out a few simple tips. Most were to conform with the community guidelines, as is REQUIRED to post here. He readily accepted the advice, and the compliment. Nobody said they have to be perfect, and I didn't point out anything about capitalising the letter 'I', as that is frequently my only issue. I don't think the community guidelines say they have to be perfect, and I think in an older version, before your time here Ash, Richard did say something about "it doesn't have to be perfect". But I will say, it is not annoying in the slightest to have someone ask if there has been improvement. It was definitely more annoying to try and interpret what was being said in chatspeak. Sure - it is better asked in a separate thread, so as not to interrupt the flow of the topic, but come on, how many threads de-rail and sidetrack into something completely different? this wouldn't be the first, and it definitely won't be the last. I'm actually debating whether it is worthwhile asking this can have a new thread for this topic, as it seems there could be a reply or two to come, or whether we can just leave it. I would be interested if you could pm me with some examples of mistakes in my posts though - other than the capitalised 'I' as I said before. Again, I don't claim to be perfect, but spelling and grammar is definitely not my weakest attribute. I might also point out that I did actually compliment, and thank Klassen for the improvements made. I have seen this happen numerous times on these boards - a member joins, posts unintelligibly, other members dip in and politely provide some advice, which either leads to the member improving their post quality and resultingly adding a worthwhile contribution, or the member gets the poops, and flames the board and we never see them again. Either way, the end result is a good quality board, with good quality info, which is what makes Parkz.com.au's community what it is today - what is WELL KNOWN in the industry as THE source of information if you want to go to a theme park. I have seen an influx of people in recent times that have not been in the typical 10-20 year old male demographic that was so common on the boards in its earlier years... more recently we have seen mums planning holidays, and families asking for advice on how to get the best out of the particular park they are considering going to. Parkz has become a one-stop-theme-park-shop, and it is because of the quality, and calibre of our membership that this is so. Poor quality posts that nobody with an education can understand mean people will go elsewhere.

I agree with Alex he has a point to prove there. If you find me asking once if my post are better than you must get annoyed about things easy. One thing that annoy's me is what Cadboy just did bout the capital I, if your gonna now pick every little icky detail thats gonna pi#$ people off npt to mention if you make a mistake in a post were your trying to tell some else they made a mistake. You missed the E in sure. "Oh and klassen make sur you capitilize 'i' in future to (I) Cheers, "

the design's they have done up which are in the movieworld main office they look really good
Is there anyway you can get a picture of this and PM me or post it in the thread, you mentioned in another post you would be there on Sunday so perhaps then? And your post's are getting much better now... I just wish people would PM about problems with others :( Edited by mickey_079

Thanks for the complement. Im trying my best. Well when i go into office ill have look if they are still there they were in the foyer cause i walked past it a few times back a while ago but i think they have been taken down because when i was there a week ago i went into office but i didnt take much notice but i think they have been taken down. Because it is close to completion. But ill check it out for you. From what i heard they were also on the Gold Coast city council site so im not shore if they are there still or not. If anyone could fill us in on that and if so with a link that would be great cause i wouldn't mind a copy myself now you mentioned it.

I am sorry klassen, I wansn't meaning to nit pick. When you asked about your posts I saw one thing wrong which was not capitilizing the letter 'i' and told you, not to be annoying but becuase I thought you might want to know. Oh and good find

make sur you
LOL :P I am far from perfect.

Trust me.
That's quite funny, because I've heard the same thing from a lot of events people. Unfortunately it's not events that make the final decision on what gets installed under that roof and what doesn't. I will agree that the roof has great POTENTIAL to look good at night.

Just to let everybody know that news on the roof has been posted on Movieworlds section on Myfun.com.au - LINK I don't think there is anything new said about the roof, that we don't know about. But they do state how much area it covers: 4000sqm. That's a huge area, when u think about it. And also that it will be finished by September. And to put and end to the arguments about what it will be used for ;) , read the article!! It's been built to protect crowds from the bad weather, make a difference to the halloween nights and help out with private and coporate functions. They say it's now the 2nd largest event/function venue on the Gold Coast. I guess if u don't mind having it in the middle of mainstreet with tables and chairs in rows, then u have got a BIG party venue. Here is the article if u can't be bothered going to the website:

Warner Bros. Movie World is set to be the only all-weather theme park on the Gold Coast with the launch of its new 4000sqm roof. Covering a large area of the park including Main Street and The Plaza; Warner Bros. Movie World’s hub of entertainment - the new roof will provide year round protection from the elements including inclement weather and sultry summer days. From September guests visiting Warner Bros. Movie World will be able to see and enjoy the added benefits of a permanent roof structure, the roof will also make a substantial difference to our after hours scheduled program of events including two nights of ‘Halloween’- our premier after hours event held in October. Private and Corporate functions booked through our Events Department will also benefit from this new all-weather venue with a seating capacity of up to 2000 guests, making Warner Bros. Movie World the second largest event/function venue on the Gold Coast.
Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

I was really hoping the whole thing was for events :(
It's been built to protect crowds from the bad weather, make a difference to the halloween nights and help out with private and coporate functions.make a difference to the halloween nights and help out with private and coporate functions.
LOL :P 2000 people :o Main Street insnt that big....... is it.

2000 people :o Main Street insnt that big....... is it.
Actually, if you consider that 4000 square metre figure - two chairs, side by side in conference \ theatre style seating, would only be 1 metre wide, and half a metre deep. Allow another space of the same size in front for legroom, and you've got 1 square metre. So theoretically, if you were to seat people in that fashion, you could fit up to 8000 people. This means however, there would be no room for aisleways (fire code) or a stage at the front that the people would be watching, so if you allow 1000 square metre for stage, and associated back of house, 500 square metre for the plaza outside ricks, another 500 square metre for the aisle down the middle, and cut 1000 square metre off the back for the dogleg \ plants and other themed items down the street, leaving you only 1000 square metre of actual seating space, you still have the ability to seat 2000 people. Of course, these are random made up figures - so I don't want anybody walking down main street with a sports tape measure trying to prove the figure wrong - fact is 2000 is an easy number. Even if it was set with Banquet style seating (round\oval tables with chairs all round) I still think you'd fit 1000, or 800 with cabaret seating (same style, except two chairs are removed from each table - the ones that would have their backs to the stage or the screen.). Most people wouldn't really think of how much you could fit in that street, and you'd really have to see it when it's set for a major function before you could really visualise it, but trust me - it's big enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the area over the actual main street is all up and covered, the side sections over the two "garden" things towards the big screen have no covering, one side (the left I think) hasn't got all its supports for the covering up. I must say it is amazing, I love it. It makes the acoustics of main street sound so awesome. I think Movie World have made a wise move once again :D Zane. P.S.....there is now train station sound effects at superman escapes station!, looks like movieworld have been reading and taking note of some posts on here.