Main Street In for a Change...

mattcrombie

Photos Please!
Well if somebody doesn't get them before the 13th of Sept, then I'll have some for you. Cause i'm heading up the gc in a week an a bit (I hope it's all up by then, fingers crossed!). Going to MW and the other parks, so I'll be able to get loads of pics for the Parkz database. :D
P.S.....there is now train station sound effects at superman escapes station!, looks like movieworld have been reading and taking note of some posts on here.
Really?!? :blink: That's interesting. What exactly do you mean by 'train station sound effects'?? Is it like a sound of the cars rattling as they move out of the station?? Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seeing its set in Metropolis (New York) I would hope there was plenty of background sound like talking and trains rattling through every minute or so... Perhaps even some annoying boombox man just to shake things up... If there going to add aditional themes (Good work movie world), I would like to see a LCD screen at the entrance running through departure times.. Perhaps have a defunct Translink style turntable that people have to walk through with the man checking pockets at the front themed to be like a ticket collector or police officer... But that would cost money and effort...

^ Yes, the sounds are like trains braking and stopping (you can hear like hisses and stuff as it stops), there's them boarding chimes heard at train stations too, there is also muffled sounds of a person saying something like platform 3 now boarding. You can only hear them as you actually enter the boarding platform and sit down, the sound effects come out of the speakers that are located on the front wall of the station (near the operation booth) ...they sound very cool. zane.

If there going to add aditional themes (Good work movie world), I would like to see a LCD screen at the entrance running through departure times.. Perhaps have a defunct Translink style turntable that people have to walk through
I have thought those exact same things too...I think an easy way to do timetables is to just show them in between the safety videos (At the moment its just a blank screen) They should play the chimes whenever they have the annoucements in the queue (about how they have "detected tremors in various parts of the city", and how you should not have loose items) It would be nice to have the turnstiles at the entrace of the ride though...they have recently put in new gates at the parks, so if they still have the old ones in the 'boneyard' why not?

Hey, since we are on the topic of SE at the moment (well slightly off topic ;) ), I'm heading up to MW in around 1 week and a bit, flying up on the 13th of Sept. I'm just wondering how long the lines are for Superman around this time (before gold coast school holidays)?? I really want to get at least 3 rides, rather than 1 last year <_< , so i wanna plan the other rides around it, thanks.

Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

Why don't you just go there right at opening and ride repeatedly, then come back late afternoon and do the same thing? I think now they have sorted it pretty well in terms of operations. I have never had a day at the park and thought that two trains should have been on instead of one, I guess they have enough historic data to go by.

well i have found out that its always best to try and go when most people are having lunch eg when i went to jamberoo we had lunch when everybody else was and the we had to wait for ages fust to get on to the chairlifts (note. the use of 4 emoticoms - none -dont get used to it though im just lazy )

I'll just give you some friendly advice... if you're going to 'check up on the stunt show' make sure its only public knowledge you post on these boards. You may find yourself in hot water at work if you continue to post inside information, HR ARE watching you know.

Seeing i have open my big mouth already and as suggested a new thread well here we go. In the monthly meetings at movieworld the 2009 attraction has been the hot topic and things are suppose to be kept under raps so i havn't been told any of the major details yet but will soon. Interactive park map is one of the major things being spoken about as part of the parks refurbishment along with mainstreet. The park map will be very similiar to what is at both disney and universal. It allows guest regualar updates on major rides and attraction que times. And yes from what has been spoken about also a brand new attraction for summer 2009. Its has not yet been decided weather its major??? what type of ride??? or what company???? But it looks to be a new addition to the wild west area located at the back of the park this will then add more to the area than the WWF. Does anyone else have anyhting to add to this or is anyone part of the meeting crew that can give us more info on this.
I'll just give you some friendly advice... if you're going to 'check up on the stunt show' make sure its only public knowledge you post on these boards. You may find yourself in hot water at work if you continue to post inside information, HR ARE watching you know.
I'm yet to decide why you bother posting sometimes. But the important thing is,
I can read a contract.
and
I can read a contract.
Edited by DonjaiInLA

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but you'd think with klassen's profile pic he wouldn't be all that hard to track down. ;) klassen, djrappa and others are doing you a favour. They are not insulting or threatening you - they're just assuming that you value your job and thus would like to keep it. Revealing things that are being spoken about behind the scenes, such as the new park map, isn't all that smart.

(note. the use of 4 emoticoms - none -dont get used to it though im just lazy )
Well, to be honest, that took more effort than the emoticons. I would like to see some photos of the roof as it is today, so post up when you've added them please. In terms of the Privacy issues surrounding MW, please - all employees follow the rules, follow your contracts. The last thing we want is WVTP knee-jerking on us like they did with the photos a year or two ago. I am not saying anybody has, or will break the rules, but for anyone contemplating it - please dont.

This was before the Superman Escape epoch from memory, but for a period WVTP asked all the Australian theme park sites to take down photos of the WVTP parks. A little while later they softened it a bit, asking that photos be approved by the marketing department. I don't know what the situation is now, whether they still require permission, but I'm guessing no or else they would have been emailing you about your content. According to what Richo put on the r-c dev blog a while back, he's saying that since Parkz is now more user driven, it is in the same category as Flickr, Youtube, Facebook etc, hence any attempts to single out Parkz would not really stand.

Wow, tough move of WVTP. I'm glad they aren't like that anymore. Could you image how different this site would be if that policy was still in place. And also what a nightmare it would have been for WVTP to enforce - which I am sure was one of the reasons to ditch it. Thanks for that info Gaz. Now... back on topic: I would be interested to know how well this roof would keep out rain. How thick is it? I'm guess it would have to keep out the rain to some extent otherwise it's just an expensive sun shade... Also, what are the acoustics like now?

Um Ash regarding your post i got some pictures today of the roof i will upload. But after talking to a cast member who works on mainstreet. Last week the weather wasn't to crash hot and it rained a bit. She said there were parts were the roof aloud rain in, one is the Harry potter store which after she mentioned it i had a look at what she was on about and the rain comes down the side of the roof because it's curved and the harry potter roof tilts down towards the street unlike all the other roofs. So it comes of the big roof and onto the Harry potter building roof then splashes into mainstreet. But that is really the only point from my understanding were it will come in. For music the acoustics are really good but when i walked past the parade today it was hard to hear austin talking and iv never heard and issue with him or his voice down mainstreet before. But there could be other reason's for that, it could have been the entertainer, the mic i not shore unless i hear it a few times but the opening cerimony anouncers were hard to hear also in the morning. But i would say after completion of the roof they will most likely look into all those thing's.

Shouldn't those things been looked into before they even bough the roof? It would seem stupid to purchase this roof, not thinking of the effects and then when its finally up figure out ways to fix the negatives... After seeing these pictures I simply hate it! I personally would of preferred the transparent roof style like at Disney Tokyo, but this doesn't even let sunlight in. Just from the pictures the street seems too closed in, hopefully this is just what it feels/looks from pictures and not what its actually like being there.

When i said. "But i would say after completion of the roof they will most likely look into all those thing's." I was talking about the audio issues that's something they cant predict untill the roof is in place. But you are right concerning the rain you would think they would have it all covered. But there is still a bit of work to be done so who knows there might be something stopping this rain from getting in. Plus this afternoon when i was heading home another truck with poles and supports arrived and there is still a few supports in the car park this morning. Construction is still well underway.

You can actually completely predict acoustics in every way before a single hole is dug for a support. Many people make a good living out of doing this well. The problem is it involves a lot of planning and cost and usually building something and then seeing the result after is a cheaper way. I think in time we will see the complete audio system in main street replaced with somethings specifically designed for the space. After all most of that system is over 15years old now and audio technology has come a long way since the park was built. As for the lighting I think perhaps looking at getting those old school studio fixtures refitted with long life lamps and running all day may be the answer. Something I know I will be looking into. As for harry potter leaks, nothing some additional guttering won't fix.