Main Street In for a Change...

mattcrombie

Guest jake-train

well its a bad ider. I'm going there next year and i will not be steping in to that park for the rest of my life if that thing is going to be there. And plus my uncle help build that when thay where making the place. And i don't want his work to be covered up by a glass box lol :P good by movieworld if this happen's...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Well, its your loss since you are skipping the park with the best coasters and theming.

And plus my uncle help build that when thay where making the place. And i don't want his work to be covered up by a glass box lol tongue.gif
But its not really 'his' work, he wasn't the only person to work on the construction, nor did he pay for it, nor does he own it, nor did he design it. At the end of the day its owned by Warner Village, and they have the right to whatever they please with their property. And anyway, DW have been doing far worse stuff for years to their park in terms of ruining the ambience of certain areas, such as Rivertown. Edited by Gazza

i reckon that itz gunna look really bad like some of the stuff that they and other parkz have already done and by taking out the sunlight a little bit aint gunna do much and what about the backgroung scenery 4 the adds it will look really really bad honetly i agree with everything that shadowxl is saying

Yes, if i had to make a choice i would go no roof and keep the trees, It seems like a big jump just because we have had one bad summer season in terms of rain
One of the big things that roof doesn't convey is the heat. The few days we spent there last October were not especially hot, but after a few hours of sunlight the heat under the roof at Tokyo Disney gets almost unbearable - it's muggy, stuffy and uncomfortable to the point where people tend to congregate inside the shops as opposed to on the street. Now magnify this to Movie World, where its on average hotter more of the time and I think you'd get a pretty horrible structure. On top of that, I reckon it looks damn ugly.
I personally think this would be a BAD move for Movie World. I personally think it looks really quite ugly, whereas Main Street looks really good in the day time. The lattice effect looks tacky in my opinion, I can see why Tokyo Disneyland had to do it (Monsoons etc.) But all we really get is rain, which is what an umbrella or the rain poncho's are for.
:blink: although im not that bigger fan it still would b pretty crap honestly because i dont really have that much fun there enyway honestly

how could you not have much fun there? any way if it goes ahead it will still go there and just not make any notice of it. if what alot of the people are thinking are true it will only go over the shop/shrek 4d area and i don't spend alot of my time there so it won't worry me to much. but at the end of the day Warner Village own the park and they can do with it what they want and if a couple of people don't like it I don't think that Warner Village will care that much they will still be making money out of the park and if it begins to rain alot of people will stay around that area and buy things from the shops.

Film makers have been shooting in poor weather for a long time. I hardly think all of this would go on to protect a camera, when a portable gazebo\umbrella... even a plastic bag would do. As a matter of fact, a lot of higher end filming equipment generally has its own little "baggie" to protect it from the elements.

After seeing the original photo, I thought, "This would be a bad idea!" It looks ugly! But after being at Movieworld yesterday during an afternoon downpour, I can see how it'd be useful! There are very few places to go during rain. People run into all the stores - but this is less than ideal because it results in wet carpet and overcrowding by people with no intention to purchase anything. It would be handy to have a covered area in the main street. The parade and street shows could then go ahead as well. If they are considering this, I just hope they can make it look better than the photo in the first post!!

• 1 month later...

I don't have any news but I saw yesterday that they have a cable along both sides of main street that can produce a fog/mist. They were testing one of the sides yesterday when I was walking down main street. Never noticed it before.

Edited by ShadowXL

• 1 month later...

Im pretty suprised by the decision to construct this roof. I really like the trees that are there and I believe that that this roof will lose some of Movie World's "magic". But I also think that it could be pretty amazing to be in, especially at night or a rainy day, but I would prefer if they invested this money into a new attraction. A fantastic idea would be to build a glass roof over Superman Escape so it runs all day, no matter the weather! :P

They have now cut down the trees in the courtyard like section in front of ricks cafe, the buildings around it now look very bare for some reason. Those were beautiful trees and I would imagine have been there since the opening of the park, so it seems with the roof the park really will have a completely different look.

• 2 weeks later...