Main Street In for a Change...

mattcrombie

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one last thing the trees on the right hand side of the plaza area infront of ricks american cafe rumours have it they will not be replaced. that area has also been concreted.
Hey klassen,welcome to the forums Question concerning the trees: Even though the area has been concreted is it possible that they could still put trees back in by making a big box that is full of soil to plant them in. Like the picture below except bigger. Note: There is a 25-50% chance of rain in 14 days time. Mabey it will be needed on its opening day. :P

post-2163-1217652184_thumb.jpg

Edited by cadboy

Even though the area has been concreted is it possible that they could still put trees back in by making a big box that is full of soil to plant them in. Like the picture below except bigger.
Like this? post-88-1217665979_thumb.jpg Gogoboy, I sort of half agree...I probably would have directed that capital towards new attractions (though admittedly I doubt this is costing more than a couple of mil), but I'm still open to how this could end up looking, it could really change the dynamics of the park, and as has been said create a lot of new opportunities for events etc. Definitely a wait and see for me...Though if they start opening the park more often at night, I think this could look excellent at those times. Edited by Gazza

Although some would say I'm biased I would say the lighting (or effects) scheme is what will make or break this roof. If it is lit properly and effectively at night it could be really something. If it's just flood lights shining up at white fabric it will definitely be shopping centre central.

I personally think they look ugly because they're old and look crappy. I would like to seem them replaced with slimmer versions seen at USH. ATM they're just quiet random with some not even facing the street. Either fix them up or remove them Movie World.

Edited by ash.1111

I am with Dj on this one. To me they are an important part of mainstreet and really fit in with movieworlds whole theme. Oh and yes thats what I meant Gazza however on a larger scale to house larger trees that could be used for shade.

Edited by cadboy

heyhey cadboy thank you very much for the welcome its a pleasure to join the forums in regards to your question about the trees on the right hand side. you have a very clear poit to prove nd i like it what you are talking about is very simliar as to what is done on the left hand side of the plaza the trees are planted in the risen up box. there is a fair posabilty that this could be done as they have kept the fountain in the middle and the concreting is a half ass job. but the thing is this doesnt give much room for the large roots a tree of a decent size would have. but as i said in the reply i posted i said rumour has it so im not 100% shore if that will be the case but im shore we will know in the next week because the tree will go in before the sails go up but i will be shore to keep ya posted. thanks for the reply

But Ash, they lights as other said fit in well with the theme. The theme of main street is modern, its set back in the 1930's, hence the vehicles, building structure, Roxy Theater (today its called cinema), etc. Putting new lights in you will loose that 30's feel. No not all lights face the street... why?... there shinning on other parts of the park apart from Main Street. When your in the park at night and the spot lights get turned on it just adds so much more atmosphere into the park. I don't think Bonnie and Clyde would be very impressed about putting newer lights in. Alex - Is there any need to be rude or mean in your post above? He was saying that someone told him something ridiculous, he wasn't implying that a B&M was going in. There's nothing worse than posting then have someone badger at you when you did nothing wrong.

im going to movieworld tommorrow to see someone at the office then ill be going into the park afterwards so im gonna sus things out as to what is going on. but from wat i heard the roof its self should be close to completion in 2 weeks time. also one of its purposes of the roof going up is the on going movie premerse thatwill be happening in the park this will allow there to be all celebrations wether its raining or not. there is to be a few premiers coming up towards the end of the year. also iv posted some photo's of the mainstreet roof construction on the site if ya havnt seen them yet and ill update them tommorrow.

There was a Article in today Gold Coast Bulletin about a "Walk Of Fame"

Movie World brand manager Meagan Miller said the Walk of Fame would be a new feature near the Roxy Theatre, which this year was chosen for the Australian premiere of Get Smart, attracting A-List stars Anne Hathaway and Steve Carell.
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/0...-top-story.html

Maybe this could be the start of our own Australian Chinese Theatre - the hollywood location of the biggest blockbuster premieres. Let's dig up mainstreet so we can have the movie stars feet embedded in concrete... Or we could always have the bronzed stars - I wonder if MW will hire the QLD equivalent of the hollywood hooker - where's Richard Gere when you need him eh?

Isn't therre something like this overseas?
I guess that would be the whole point, both of their action, and my post. You are thinking of the hollywood walk of fame, which from memory runs down hollywood boulevarde http://www.seeing-stars.com/Immortalized/WalkOfFame.shtml Here is some info from their site, on the more famous people to have received (or will receive) stars on the hollywood walk of fame:
Celebs who will be getting new stars in 2009 include the Disney animated character Tinkerbell, Full House's John Stamos, and Survivor producer Mark Burnett and simpson's voice Harry Shearer. Celebs getting new stars in 2008 included The Munchkins (from "The Wizard of Oz"), Vince McMahon (WWE wrestling promoter) The list of celebs getting stars in 2007 included "Law & Order" creator Dick Wolf; for musical recording: Sean "Diddy" Combs, LeAnn Rimes, and Shania Twain The list of celebs getting stars in 2006 included Matthew Broderick, Nathan Lane, and Steve Martin, Judge Judy. The list of celebs getting new stars in 2005 included Tim Allen, Antonio Banderas, Donald Duck, and Ben Stiller, David Hyde Pierce (Niles from Frasier, as well as sideshow bob's brother Cecil), Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, The Righteous Brothers,
Edited by AlexB

Nothing against MovieWorld but if a fly-by-night theme park attraction is being touted as Australia's premier cinema for launches, I think it's a pretty sad reflection on the whole cinema industry in Australia. Sure Fox Studios is a shadow of its former self, a ghost town almost all the time and almost depressing to be in, but the Hoyts theatres there were designed with premieres in mind with the enormous, elaborate foyer, good theatres and a pretty dominating facade that lends itself well to big red carpet exterior shots. No matter how much promotion or Village-steered marketing drive goes into the Roxy and its standing, having A-list celebrities enter through a makeshift dungeon and sit on moving seats with sprinklers 20km down the freeway from the nearest town centre is a bit of a stretch to try to establish it as the country's answer to Mann's Chinese Theater. my 2 cents rich

• 2 weeks later...