Main Street In for a Change...

mattcrombie

Has anyone else seen the new bins down main street they look very Disney like.
Looks like Movie World has finally realised that they are so far behind other parks when it comes to bins. It's good to see that they're really picking up their game recently in areas where they are clearly lacking. I heard that management is discussing the idea of putting a roof over each bin in the park, so that people may dispose of their rubbish no matter what the weather is like. At least that will be more beneficial than some of their more recent roofs.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The stereotypical Disney bins can be seen by the tower in this pic: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/US/Orlando/D...al_Kingdom.html You can also see a pair on the unloading island in this pic: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/US/Anaheim/D...all_world_.html There's nothing really special about them, just a distinctive shape that they paint according to the area they are in. Nevertheless they are known enough for Disney to have "Push the Talking Trash Can" as a character in their parks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbeaaz-HaiY...feature=related

Edited by Gazza

lol that bin is awesome! I could just imagine someone going up to it and then the bin yelling at them as they open the lid ^_^ . I wouldn't mind one of those at my house actually! Well back on topic. Being one of those people who were really against the idea of the roof, and hated it from the first rumour, I was pleasently suprised when I saw it in person last week. For people like me who also thought this was a very bad idea, head down to Movieworld and check it out. The pictures of it don't do it justice. As for the atmosphere, it hasn't been altered at all. IMO the roof actually suits Main Street better. Because now it look like a movie set. The only differences that I noticed is that it's a little louder when there are shows, cause everything echoes (but that should be fixed easily) and there is no sun (which is a good thing on a 28 degree day!). However, as said before, it does look a bit bland ;) and hopefuly they dress it up a bit. Here is a pic that I took down Mainstreet: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...reet_Roof_.html

Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

Well, its done now. DjRappa wins: post-88-1222253807_thumb.jpg They have put a barge board and gutter brackets in on the Harry Potter shop. Well, after seeing it in person it is indeed better than I expected....I don't hate it which is the main thing. Its not that dark in there...its sort of 'white'...if you have ever been to a conservatory in a botanical garden you'd have some idea of the feeling. It has the effect of making everything in Main St feel larger than life, kind of an interesting effect. Most interesting for me is the impressive box gutter that runs over the garden to the locker area: post-88-1222254142_thumb.jpg Also, they have put in a roof somewhere else, a big one over the bus area out the front of the park, in the same style as the main st roof. I actually emailed Translink over the lack of a bus shelter a few months back after being caught out in a downpour with a few friends at the end of the day (I commented that SW has them, so MW should too) Did I sway them? we may never know.... post-88-1222254545_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I know they already have some cars on Main Street and around the Bank, but anyone else think they should try and work some more cars into the street? not in the way of the parade but i think it could be done pretty well... And the path between Superman and Lethal Weapon.. couldnt somehting Superman related be put there to pretty the area up? Perhaps an old PASS police car?... I know its not overly related but after an Earthquake its normal for there to be police.. It would look particularly cool if the lights kept flashing all day

I've always thought that the blank white colourbond wall around Lethal Weapon (So in the area you described) could have Metropolis skyscraper facades put on it, sort of like at IOA, but less bright http://z.about.com/d/themeparks/1/0/l/I/IOAMarvel6.jpg The PASS police car could be easy to work in, just paint on a logo that says "Metropolis City Police Department".

Nope i dare say it Shadow XL is correct, Movieworld i roofing it all out!!! They cover all of main street that was ok, Then they cover the bus shelter looks alright and good for those who catch the buses i suppose, but now they are attacking the original front entrance with a tacky looking roof, it isn't yet complete but the supports are in position, the roof looks as if it will span the whole length the ticket booths do well nearly. You know its a wonder no one has picked up on it. Because the fluro pink markings have been there for months spray painted on the ground even i saw them but didn't really give it a thought plus all three roofs were lodged at the same time i was told today. To tell you the truth i don't recon it will look very good.