My idea for Transformers ride at MW

andrewm

As far as I understand, Village buying Warner Bros' share of the park means they are no longer bound to WB movie themes. It really is time for Batman: The Ride to go as it is very dated, and I think it should be replaced with a Transformers themed ride, reusing the same areas and technology. The outside area would be themed with replicas of the vehicles from the TF movies, like they currently have some of the batman vehicles there now. The flow of the ride would remain the same. First you'd go into the room that is now the "library" of Wayne Manor, but it would be decked out like a TF lair. On the screen the story would start with some of the autobots explaining that the decepticons are attacking and "your help is needed!" :) Then you would go through to the "Batcave" area, but the area where Batman now sits would be replaced by a life-size replica of Optimus Prime's head. Optimus tells you the mission with the help of recorded stuff on monitors. The riders will then all go into the Bat-mobile motion simulators which they would be told is one of the Transformer vehicles, probably for best effect one of the flying ones, depending on new characters they introduce in the 2nd movie. The on-screen action would be driving/flying around city streets with the robots transforming and attacking all around you, and the motion simulators throwing you around accordingly. At the end the decepticons are defeated and the riders are told they are safe and all is well in the world again. Just my thoughts, but wouldnt it be a great new theme for the ride?!

It is a good idea but Batman in my opinion is far more recognised than transformers. Infact it's a great idea for a ride but i am 13 and i don't even know who optimus prine is?
Blasphamy! Your homework for this evening is to read the following website and write a short essay on the history of the Optimus Prime character, and the evolution of the character since its origins. Partial credit for describing the importance Peter Cullen has on the character. haha Optimus Prime In all seriousness though. The latest movie incarnation of Prime would be most relavant to audiences. I would rather see them install a new attraction, rather than trying to update that old Batman one. If they revamp that I would rather them redo it with a more contemporary Batman theme.

Batman the ride 2 is SOOOO hopelessly dated. Was described to me by a friend as we were riding it as the most boring ride ever. I think sell the motion bases ( they were second hand ex airforce anyway) gut the studio and install something far more cutting edge. I was thinking a set of indoor Kuka Robocoasters. Or a small robocoaster rollercoaster indoor installation. Maybe 2 trains of 4 robots holding 4 people each

But I love batman adventure ride 2! The plot, the mansion! Guests and tourists who are new to the park love this ride and Batman (and superman) is the main Warner Brothers theme and it would be a shame for this good attraction to go! It blends in well with everything else Transformers ride, for me would only be good in a roller-coaster type theme with a pre-themed ride sequence, it deserved a way better ride type and technology :D

Edited by PixelPushed

Well, my main idea was for them to just do some Transformers themed stuff in the park. I'd love to see replicas of the vehicles, and animatronic robots from the movie. They probably wouldn't get hold of any of the actual picture cars from the movie since they may still be being used for the new movie. I would be a little worried that a replica would look totally fake though, like the Back to the Future DeLorian that used to tour shopping centres here. That was BAD!

^While the Camaro and Optimus would be difficult to track down now, there is nothing stopping them spending a little bit of money importing the GMC Truck, Hummer, or the Pontiac Solstice direct from US manufactures and with a licensing agreement paint them up to replicate how they looked in the movie. For a Prime they could just create a replica, wouldn't be too hard to paint and chrome up a truck. For those who need to see the Camaro, Movieworld could either wait till a production ready vehicle is completed, or borrow one of the mules that are motoring around Melbourne at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...