Dracs getting the coaster?

rappa

Could Dracula's on the Gold Coast actually be getting the coaster that was talked about so long ago? Driving past yesterday we noticed a very large piece of black support trussing has been constructed over the roof which looks to have flanges ready to accept track. Could this be the start of new construction?

Gee it would be nice but I am a more than a little sceptical. :unsure: Those supports mean that if it was a coaster of some sort it would obviously travel outside at some point. I think that if this was the case, they would have some serious noise issues and complaints from residents,given their close proximity to residential dwellings. :o Also have we looked at the viability angle of installing a coaster at Draculas?? When would it conceivably operate?? Only before and during show times?? Would it be enough of an attraction to open all day?? Once again, I have my doubts. Now if they were installing an indoor coaster attraction in or near the Haunted House in Surfers itself that would make more sense. The 2 attractions would complement each other and would mirror each other's opening times,making the installation of a coaster a much more viable and attractive proposition.(espcially given the longer trading hours of the Haunted House) I could be wrong( and I hope I am!!) but I really dont think I am too far off the mark. Comments? Cheers Jobe

Ok well a while back they were talking about putting in a coaster. This support would make sense because obviously the building itself is not going to be able to support the rides structure so supports like this spanning the building would be required. HOWEVER, I was informed yesterday they are actually expanding the main theatre space to accommodate more seating and this is what this structure is for. Sorry to disappoint everyone.