Sidewinder?

ok so ive been lookin round this site and others and ive seen pics of something called the sidewinder, apparently at wet n wild a 2 person tube ride or something so i went on the wet n wild website attempting to find where in the park this thing was and couldnt find it on their website!! can someone tell me if indeed this ride is at wet and wild and where the hell it is??? cheers guys

It is indeed at Wet n Wild in the Extreme H2O zone. In actuality, the park markets the attraction as "Mach 5" (The attraction being the whole structure with the 3 person raft slides, and the freefall slides) However, when you are at the actual park the rides are signed as being the "Sidewinders" (The 3 person raft slides) and "The Jetstreams" (Freefall Slides) which is how they are entered in the database. See http://wetnwild.myfun.com.au/Attractions/E...Zone/Mach-5.htm While we are here, I have a question of my own...Has the sidewinder on the AOS side ever operated? What is the story? Edit: Fixed silly mistake.

Edited by Gazza

However, when you are at the actual park the rides are signed as being the "Sidewinders" (Freefall Slides) and "The Jetstreams" (The 3 person raft slides) which is how they
Pretty sure thats the wrong way around ;) The left side doesnt get used because it just isnt busy, so they cut down on staff therefore opening only oe side and thats the most accesible side to exit from. Mammoth Falls has only one side open at the moment, the AOS one and thats because its not busy and only the camera on the AOS side is working for ride photography.

If I may whine a bit, it really annoys me trying to get up the stairs when they're clogged full of tubes. (Trying to access Jetstreams). At least on Mammoth Falls they used to have signs saying which side to stay on for the corresponding ride. People treat you as if you're line jumping.

The left side doesnt get used because it just isnt busy, so they cut down on staff therefore opening only oe side and thats the most accesible side to exit from.
I asked them once and I was told it was the pump, but who knows... It was running when we stayed for the movie, but roped off as only one lifeguard was on duty. Edited by WnW_Rocks