Look Fimiliar

cadboy

Actually an SLC (765m Extended w/Helix), also available at Blue Tornado Gardaland Cobra Ratanga Junction Jaguar Isla Mágica Lethal Weapon - The Ride Warner Bros. Movie World Roller Coaster Dream Park Unknown (SLC) Happy Valley There are 28 SLC (689m Standard) coasters. http://www.rcdb.com/ is the place for global coaster details Very few coasters are custom made. The coaster is half the price, and the theming etc, make up the rest.

Yeah, the Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster (SLC) is one of the most successful roller coaster designs in the world. There are 25 installations of the standard version, and a further 6 of the version with a helix at the end of the ride (Lethal Weapon is this version). There are a further 8 installations that follow other layouts. See http://www.rcdb.com/m/cm7.htm Cloning of rides is quite common actually, In Australia 11 of our 16 currently operating steel coasters are just "copies" of other coasters. Do these look a bit like..... Corkscrew at Seaworld? p6933.jpg Reptar at Dreamworld? p11978.jpg Surfrider at Wet 'n' Wild? p21193.jpg Metropolis at Luna Park? p3062.jpg

Edited by Gazza

I wonder how long it will take for this little secret to appear on Today Tonight. :P I think it would be pretty risky to design a new coaster in Australia, since we only have a handfull of rollercoasters currently, and if the design is a flaw (cough* motocoaster), then you are pretty much screwed.

I think it would be pretty risky to design a new coaster in Australia, since we only have a handfull of rollercoasters currently, and if the design is a flaw (cough* motocoaster), then you are pretty much screwed.
Yeah laugh it up Dont be surprised to see Motocoaster gracing the coaster skyline of Cedar Point in the not too distant future

Yeah you guys can laugh all you want :rolleyes: My mail is the big wigs from both Cedar Fair and Six Flags heard about Dreamworlds 6th thrill ride and flew immediately out here to check the thing. They were so impressed with the sheer speed, height and overall thrilling experience they quickly contacted Intamin to order one of these masterpieces. Now it will be a race to see who can open theirs first. I guess it will take some heat of the unbearably long ques at such rides as Millenium Force and Top Thrill.

Yeah you guys can laugh all you want :rolleyes: My mail is the big wigs from both Cedar Fair and Six Flags heard about Dreamworlds 6th thrill ride and flew immediately out here to check the thing. They were so impressed with the sheer speed, height and overall thrilling experience they quickly contacted Intamin to order one of these masterpieces. Now it will be a race to see who can open theirs first. I guess it will take some heat of the unbearably long ques at such rides as Millenium Force and Top Thrill.
If six flags is getting the motocoaster it will be the ending of the themepark industry as we know it :o