Sign in to follow this  
Dylaan

'Waltzer' Carnival Ride

10 posts in this topic

Okay, I stumbled upon a video of one of these things completely by accident, and they look freakin' insane! Anyone know more about them? Any here in Oz? Thanks! YouTube Link

Hi there, Just joined this forum. You are right the Waltzer is a fantastic, old ride. I live in the UK now where they appear at every fun fair, always with at least 2-3 guys riding the platform to ensure the cars spin like crazy. The Brisbane EKKA used to have 2 similar rides but we are talking back in the 70's. The Whirl-a-Whirl and the Tilt-a-Whirl. Both basically the same as each other with the later having no canopy so open to the elements. If you ever get over to the UK you will be sure to be able to ride one they really are fantastic. cheers

^^Thanks for letting us know. I reckon that's what the carnival atmosphere should be like, I'm gonna try hit the UK in a few years time. (Europe > America) Definitely an experience as opposed to just being spun around for five minutes, if I wanted that I'd go elsewhere. Wouldn't have any decent videos of carnivals over there? Most of the stuff on Youtube is crap. Thanks!

If you didn't want to go too far a field to ride one you could always go on the one at Aussie World.
If you'd watched the video and read my post... (Which probably wasn't worded terribly well) You would've noticed that Tilt'A'Whirl's have got nothing on these beasts! :P Anyone can get their office chair spinning, it's the whole atmosphere that makes it crazy. (Good Music + Lasers; Who doesn't like lasers?) When I first found that video I watched it over and over. :P Edited by WnW_Rocks

^^Thanks for letting us know. I reckon that's what the carnival atmosphere should be like, I'm gonna try hit the UK in a few years time. (Europe > America) Definitely an experience as opposed to just being spun around for five minutes, if I wanted that I'd go elsewhere. Wouldn't have any decent videos of carnivals over there? Most of the stuff on Youtube is crap. Thanks!
No problem. Could have got a good shot of the Waltzer last week. Should be another fun fair in my areas at the end of May, will get one for you then.