Batwing Questions

cadboy

Hi Guys, I have two questions about batwing Spaceshot 1)What is the accelaration of the ride 2)In the future could the tower be expanded what I mean by this is if they took the top off could they keep adding sections to make it higher. I know that a higher tower means more speed needed could the current system be up to this or would it need to be upgraded? Thanks ;)

Well, if it pulls 4g then the peak acceleration would be 39.2 ms^-2 As for taller versions, they do exist such as Power Tower at Cedar Point (73m high...12m taller) I dont know how viable it would be to extend the MW one...I mean if the foundations and existing tower segments were strong enough, I guess it could be done.

No while 39.2 is the gravity constant multiplyd by 4 it doesnt mean that is the max acceleration. Because that thing is slowing down as soon as it is launched untill it begins to fall again. If it happened to accelerate at 39.2 m/s^2 you would be doing around 141km/h it doesnt go fastr than the giant drop. The max acceleration doesnt have to be the 9.8*the amount of g's in the ride.

No while 39.2 is the gravity constant multiplyd by 4 it doesnt mean that is the max acceleration. Because that thing is slowing down as soon as it is launched untill it begins to fall again. If it happened to accelerate at 39.2 m/s^2 you would be doing around 141km/h it doesnt go fastr than the giant drop. The max acceleration doesnt have to be the 9.8*the amount of g's in the ride.
Yeah, but you are assuming that it would be accelerating at that rate for a full second, but it doesn't have to at all, like I said, it is the peak acceleration...it could only be doing it for a fraction of a second, but it would still have to do it for some period or else how are people pulling 4 gs? You asked for the acceleration of the ride, so I gave it, if it is "slowing down as soon as it is launched" then it isn't accelerating is it? Edit, should have I subtracted off the vector of gravity? In that case the peak acceleration would be 29.4ms^-2 Edited by Gazza