New Outback Show.......

joz

Warner Village Theme Parks is about to launch a new show next door to Movieworld: Outback Adventure. It will not be a part of the Movieworld, but is too be built in a new purpose built building, and will be a night time attraction, costing about $6 a night including BBQ dinner. The project was originally slated to be built just south of the Seaworld car park, but that land is now under control of Aborigines. Those who heard about Dolly Parton's failed 'Stampede' project will be familiar with the idea, which is a western themed show indoors, with the exception that this might have more of an Australian theme. It is expected to open by Xmas next year. Also it looks as though it will be placed just south of Movieworld's car park (the side closest to WnW)

That will be very close to the sound stages. I guess that there will not be a lot of noise coming from the show that will interfere with production at the stages. Still if it is going between the two parks, then the long term idea of combining both parks is not out of the question. A gold Coast SuperPark....something to think of.

Shouldn't matter about the sound stages, they're meant to be sound proof, and since its a night time attraction, I think they'll be fine there. It won't be in the way of the parks, it looks pretty close to the studios if the footage is of where they want to build it, and if the long time plan of the parks meeting in the middle is on the cards, then that can still happen. There was a bit of talk (well speculation really) of that a few years ago, but I doubt it would happen. Still, you never know....

orignally posted by thunder001

Still if it is going between the two parks, then the long term idea of combining both parks is not out of the question. A gold Coast SuperPark....something to think of.
I heard this from alot of people at work too. plus it a perfect location for a super park as both parks are in a mini valley and there alot of space behind the two. also I know we dont have the population like Anaheim, Tokyo and Paris and Orlando but why cant we join them I do see a big boom down here in the next 10 years.

The Gold Coast four (Movie World, Dreamworld, Wet'n'Wild, Sea World) are getting a combined total of over 4 million people per year. That certainly isn't a figure to be laughed at, especially in a country that has about 15 times less people than America. An idea just popped into my head. Stage one, a restaurant which is the initial link between the two parks - it isn't much, but what comes next is an interesting concept. Stage two consists of a hotel. Guests staying at this hotel will get unlimited access to the two parks during their stay, linked by some form of transportation (thinking a nice triple station chairlift, built by the swiss company Doppelmayr). One stop at Movie World, another at Wet'n'Wild, and a middle one at this hotel. Stage three, as the parks expand, behind the studios to meet up near this hotel, the combining of the two parks to create one park that blows all other Australian parks out of the water. I'd look at that as rather long-term, probably 10-15 years. Then again, this is all hypothetical.

There is quite a distance between the two parks ins't there, but i sapose a hotel would quickly fill in that gap but the parks have got a bit of expanding to meet up? I agree with what was said a few weeks back that MW should expand in the opisite direction to link up the Wild West and the Loony tunes land. How cool would it be if they linked up though but I still think it's to far, they could always just pick up WnW though and relocate it a few ks up the road :) How is Wet'n'Wild going anyway? It must be doing ok because it keeps steadily expanding? 4 million! that's alright. That's like a 5th of our country going there every year! (just an example) Anyway Shaun

Hows Wet 'n' Wild doing? Well, at a recent adderess to staff, Steve Peet made it very clear that there was an 'attendance problem'. The problem being that so many people are visiting the park that the park is bursting at the seems. (Holiday World Syndrome) Wirlpool and the hot tubs are also coming the same year as a major upgrade to park ammenities, and just 2 years after 2 extra gates were added to the front entrance. Wet 'n' Wild is the best performing park on the coast at the moment, with attendance up nearly 50% in the last few years, with help from the 3 Park Super Pass and increased awareness. As Steve Peet once said, Wet 'n' Wild is now up there as one of the Coast's major parks with Movieworld, Seaworld and Dreamworld. Their soon to be expanding the land which they cover, so WnW still has some growing to do... Also, just back on topic, if you haven't noticed already, there was a typo in my original post, the cost is $60, not $6... enjoy :?

There's a large cleared area out the front of the Studios - from the top of Lethal Weapon's lift, it is behind the Sound Stage that looks to be for Peter Pan judging by the outdoor set they've built. I'm guessing it is where this Outback Adventure will go, it seems they've got surveying pegs and that sort of stuff there now. No idea where the animal exibit will go. I would hope they make it part of Movie World.

• 4 weeks later...

Rabid, I'm ganna throw a question in your direction, where is this thing going? I've heard 4 different stories about this, one story says south of the car park, another suggests behind Wild West Falls. The other 2 stories I've heard place Outback Adventure in the old Maverick set, and one particularly ambitious story claims that it will be built on land purchased specially for the show. Does anyone know for sure which one it is (or if its somewhere completely different)?

from what I know it sounds like they will build this arena in front of the movie studios in between Wet n Wild and Movieworld near the traffic lights. P.S JOZ went to movieworld awards at Wet n Wild tonight fun free food and alcholo nice plus got to ride some rides and check out whilpool then me and my retail lady friend went over the road to dukes tavern for some drinks with the ride ops.