Bush Beasts Future?

Bussy

Hi all I have been reading total thrills for some time now but have never had any information to post. Here is what i have heard from some connections of mine at Wonderland Sydney. Bush Beast (which is currently closed) whose life span ends in two years will be pulled down in the next month or so and replaced with a new steel coaster. The actual brand or type of coaster has not been decided yet but Wonderland will be operating with only one coaster for some time, around 2 years or so until the new one is ready. My sources are very reliable and come from several different sources including upper management. I hope that everyone is excited at this news and you will all agree that it is about time Wonderland got a new ride. "The Bus is now leaving for the GoldCoast"

ok first of all the bush beast isn't closed. Second of all a wooden roller coaster doesn't have a life span in less than 20 years in fact there are wooden roller coasters that have lasted 100 years. The bush beast was the parks first ride ever built at wonderland what maked you think something like the bush beast will be taken down. They just refurbished it, last year they replaced old wood with new wood and when i last rode it 3 weeks ago ive never been on a ride like the bush beast where the queue line was literally half way down the stairs on a saturday morning. What im concerned about is the beasties future, where has that gone, why havent they reopened it and will it ever reopen?

When was the last time you were at Wonderland? I was the today and Bush Beast was closed. What makes me think that they will take it down? Information from several people who work there. They didnt replace all the wood that would be impossible to do with out pulling the whole structure down and re-building it. Why are you concerened about Beastie? It's closed and has been for about a year now, next time you are at Wonderland go on Zodiac and have a look you will answer your own question about if it going to re-open. The Bus is now leaving for the Ulaanbaatar" <-- Capital of Mongolia

Going on Zodiac won't give ya much info Bus, go up there. I'm tipping you've done the grand tour from what you're saying ;) It's not hard to get in there hey? Warning: It may bring tears to the eyes of some to see HB in the state it's in. Talk was Beastie was to be moved to the vacant area adjacent to Action Arena opposite Dragons, but it was decided it was not viable to do so. Probably because it's termite infested these days and if they took it apart they probably couldn't get it back together again. It would also cost a manager a new yellow sportscar if it was to be moved and that just won't happen will it? :twisted:

The Bus is now leaving for the Ulaanbaatar"  <-- Capital of Mongolia
I'm guessing you watched Rove Live last night! I was there on Sunday, and it wasn't closed. However, the ride is in a terrible state. It was the roughest ride I've ever had on BB, and I was at the front!
They didnt replace all the wood that would be impossible to do with out pulling the whole structure down and re-building it.
No, they didn't replace all of the wood. Only the last banked turn around of the track. It is possible to retrack woodies without taking the whole structure down, I believe it has been done countless times in the US. While I'm on the subject of retracking, I really think it will do the ride good. After people come back from the ride, especially when sitting at the back of the train, they are injured. Probally because they didn't brace themselves for the roughness. I have seen countless injury reports filled out at the BB. Anyway, I have to go to school now.. ~Liam

roll Bush Beast is long overdue for retirement! Yes Im only new to this website and must say it is true that bush beast is closing. They are replacing it with a new steel coaster and Ive been told it will be similiar to Lethal Weapon. Why are they pulling down a old ride and replacing it with a new one? Because bush beast is too old and too costly to repair, and they want (owners) to bring the people back to wonderland as guests numbers are down. How do I know this info? Because its people called upper management?

Are you talking about adding slides or replacing existing ones? If it's the latter, why would they have spent the kind of mullah they did prior to this season? Runs upwards of $1 million for what they did. Giving people a good scratch on the way down with all the dirt and grit stuck in the paint :P I like that idea. Won't have to go out and buy a back scratcher this year...

While I'm extremely happy to hear that Bush Beast is being pulled down, I'm not 100% convinced that it is. I haven't seen the red train in operation ever since it re-opened, maybe because that it may be shutting down they decided to stop operating the red train? I can imagine that it was too costly to repair. I heard that at a last resort, maintenance crews were using parts off The Beastie trains for the BB trains. Anyway, being the new coaster similar to Lethal Weapon doesn't mean it's a Vekoma. There are many other manufacturers out there that make inverted coasters (B&M, Intamin), all of which are extremely good quality coasters. It's about time that thing went down, ~Liam

the wood is treated pine so it won't be termite infested and there are things called rumours. someone receives info anthey spread the info and add a bit and they spread that info and add a bit and so on like chinese whispers, i will gurantee u that the bush beast will not come down. as far as im concerned workers in the park dont get told the parks future info. the board of wonderland determine what happens and release it in an appropriate time.

roll As I said before Bush Beast is long overdue for retirement and it will probaly fall down before being pulled down. When I said they are replacing it with a new ride, I mean a BRAND NEW ride, not a second hand one like most of the rides at wonderland. So they are replacing an old rough ride which costs too much to maintain and fix all the time with a brand new ride which runs alot smoother! Smoother than a babys bottom! P

coasterfreak said: "I have just called the park and the only ride that is not operating is Snowy River Rampage."
What about Taz? It is closed for annual maintance. Snowy was open today and has been since Saturday.
Psycho said:  "Yes, I've heard this as well.....   I've also heard that Wonderland is closing this February (again), they are getting several new B&Ms next year, and new slides at The Beach... "
Do I sense a tone of sacasim in this comment Psycho?
Nightshifter said: "i will gurantee u that the bush beast will not come down.   as far as im concerned workers in the park dont get told the parks future info. the board of wonderland determine what happens and release it in an appropriate time."
How can you guarantee that it will not come down? I also agree that the workers at Wonderland are mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed ****) but when you have several sources from different departments including someone in upper management saying the same thing you have to think it may be true. BTW Flea I didnt see Rove last night. "The Bus is now leaving for the Long Bay Jail"

Do I sense a tone of sacasim in this comment Psycho?
I'm just getting slightly cynical over Wonderland rumours :P On the off-chance Wonderland did tear Bush Beast down, I would be pretty disappointed. Sure, it's not a great ride...but it's the only modern woodie this country has. (And personally, I've never found it as bad as everyone makes out....LW gives me worse whip lash) With all the new Marvel movies coming out over the next few years though, it'd be insane of Wonderland not to take advantage with a few new rides based on them

The secret to riding BB is to just go with the ride. Don't tense up, let your body go with the ride's natural motions. Nightshifter and Psycho, chill out lads. The term "fall down" has been used loosely by everyone, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it did. "Termite infested" has just been exaggerated to demonstrate the state that Beastie is in- s***house! Anybody that has seen it within lets say the last 6 months will definately concur. You're also pretty defensive of Wally World aren't ya's? The idea of a forum is to discuss views and attempt to quash any rumours that may be circulating, which is exactly what is happening here. Like anything, it's got to be able to be subject to scrutiny and if it can't, get out of the bloody kitchen. Don't be scared that some people in here could no more than you. Then again you could know more than them. For all we know you could be SG or ZS hey??? That would be cool... How's my letter goin? :P

Nightshifter and Psycho, chill out lads.  The term "fall down" has been used loosely by everyone, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it did.  "Termite infested" has just been exaggerated to demonstrate the state that Beastie is in- s***house!  Anybody that has seen it within lets say the last 6 months will definately concur.  You're also pretty defensive of Wally World aren't ya's?  The idea of a forum is to discuss views and attempt to quash any rumours that may be circulating, which is exactly what is happening here.  Like anything, it's got to be able to be subject to scrutiny and if it can't, get out of the bloody kitchen.
i dont remember defending them :?

As far I'm concerned, if there's a trick to riding a coaster without getting hurt, it needs work. I hope BB goes, but I have my doubts. Like Phsyco, I also don't take that much notice of Wonderland rumours. A rumour that the BB will close just in time for Xmas is kinda hard to beleive, although it might be a Xmas promotion? Something along the lines of a bonfire....

More directed towards Nightshifter the comment I made Psycho. He's done plenty of defending. I don't mind people defending ofcourse as it is their opinion, but peeps don't get so wound up about it. I'll be the first to stick up for the place if it's justified. I'll also be the first to crap on em if it's justified also. It works both ways. My good times at that joint easily outweighed the bad. Anyhoos, I'll be at the Wally World Xmas party this year and a bonfire would go great guns. The ol' BB was good fun to operate though I've got to admit, that's about all it's had going for it for the last couple of years atleast... I'm tipping if Wally World isn't a complete industrial estate within 3 years, BB will still be standing. The platform has been layed Wonderland, prove me wrong will ya? Give the crowd something to cheer about. By the way, Jack's a good bloke... ;)

I'm tipping if Wally World isn't a complete industrial estate within 3 years, BB will still be standing.  The platform has been layed Wonderland, prove me wrong will ya?  Give the crowd something to cheer about.   By the way, Jack's a good bloke...  ;)
I wouldn't be surprised by the complete closure of WS in a few years either with probably the Wildlife park remaining or just the LW area turned into an estate. Seems we have quite a rumour network happening here with WS. Just about all of it is bull**it. At the present WS management are concentrating on maintaining the park to some reasonable standard whilst flogging off the surrounding land for the industrial park. For all intent WS management lobby for money to build new rides but the keepers in Malaysia are spend thrifts that have not had a good run on other investments in the past 5 years. I have heard nothing about BB being taken down, all I will say that my contacts at WS are corporate as the company I work for invests in the Malaysian parent company through our emerging markets unit trusts. Speculation is rife about how WS is going to unleash it's Marvel contract and management have to put together a decent proposal to Head Office with supporting *interest documents* supporting a totally Marvel themed area somewhere in the park. But the interest has to be justified to the amount of dollars invested. So it's like this, if Sunway can realise the the profits from the theme park as being an appropriate investment and associated investment in new infrastructure then we'll see some excellent investment in WS in the next 24 months. If they work out that running the park down and selling the land as an industrial estate makes them more money then they will do that. However, after looking into the rezoning issues of WS complete land it appears for all intent and purposes that the original developed footprint of the park is still designated as the theme park land. What will happen? Who knows, WS management will have to be very convincing in an effort to actually change the zoning of the theme park land into industrial as the NSW government and Blacktown council will have something to say about a major attraction to the area being changed into an industrial wasteland. Watch for construction or destruction in the LW area. mb

roll OK bush beast is not a rumour its a fact that it will be knocked down very soon and replaced with a brand new spanking STEEL ROLLERCOASTER. roll ? If WS does close down it probaly wont for another 5 years or so! 8) LWL wont be re-opening, it is gone forever. It was going to be an extension of the wildlife park, but that seems to be put on the backburner once again. BTW Daniel Jack is a twisted bloke. ( ( ( REST IN PEACE THE BUSH BEAST ( ( (

I second what you're saying mx5 re: the constant flow of bulls**t. But then again it's what makes it so fun and interesting hey? I love the discussions and passion shown. I too agree it would be tough to re-zone, but if BCC and NSW Govt are going to pick up an enormous amount of cash out of doing so they will have no hesitation whatsoever I assure you. The taxes alone would probably be more beneficial financially to them than what Wally World can deliver them. As I'm sure you're aware, the land would be worth more than everything in the whole park in the state it's in at present. I'm speculating, please note speculating here, which is fun too, that Sunway bought Wally World for one reason.... land! There's just a plethora of the sh*t round there. Is it something like 250 ha?? It goes right down to Old Wallgrove Rd. Interesting discussion. Keep up the good work with those posts lads. I'm tipping Rich will chime in a jiffy though with us kind of going off track. If we are Rich just chuck us in a different thread. Cheers mate.