Pre-Ride

ShadowXL

I'm not up to riding leathal weapon any time soon and I have heard there's a pre-ride segment so I was wondering if any of you could tell me what happens in the pre-ride segment of the attraction. Also, in the line of WWF there is a room that just screams that it was used as a pre-ride segment, is my guess right or is it just a random room in the queue?

I am not very good at explaining these sort of things but I will give it a go> Once you walk up the outside queing line and in to the building you come to a large Cinema style screen on which segments from the leathal weapon films are being shown. In front of the screen is a long sig sag standing/waiting area to keep riders occupied. On either side of the sig sag queue are ramps that go straight down into the next area if the sig sag queue is empty. The next area of queue is positioned beside a tall metal wire barrier behing which many beatup, old, rusty juck yard cars are lying in a heap all squaushed up on top of each other. The queue continues past this area takes a right turn and then slopes up, left turn, slope up, right turn and then up one last time, now you are at the front of the queue ready to ride Lethal Weapon. Next time you are at movieworld why not go and have a look at the queue line pre entertainment for youreself for a more in depth understand on what I just explained. ;) About WWF I have no idea :huh:

This is not much of a help, but i went on wild west falls when it opened, this was such a long time ago and i was young at the time i can't remember what they talked about, but yes that room was a pre show room, if i remember rightly it was buffalo bill, talking about something on the wild west, then the doors would open and you would get ready to board!!! That's all I remember if someone else know's a little more!!! Another thing in the queue fow Wild west there's all that theming at the back of the station and because the ride never get's that busy, you miss, the staff make you bypass it!!! Personally I think you should walk past it, just to add to the theme it seems a waste of money not to!!! Just my opinon!!!

Rest assured neither served any meaningful purpose to either attractions. Lethal Weapon's was just a car chase scene from one of the Lethal Weapon films. Not sure which film exactly but Mel Gibson was well mulleted, though that hardly narrows it down. In true 80s/90s action film fashion, the picture was so dark that, coupled with the projection quality and ambient light, there literally wasn't a whole lot to see. Wild West Falls' was a montage of Warner Bros. westerns. Perhaps ironically for a film about movies at a park called Movie World, it contained only still photos. It featured an ambiguous narration ("You're looking at a place that can be any place. East or west of the mighty Mississippi, north or south of the whole new continent..."), which served no purpose to tie the film in with the ride. It's been Dodge City, Cheyenne and a hundred other places...") which made no attempt to tie the film in with the ride. I'd imagine that this film was originally produced for the Warner Bros. studio tour in Burbank, California because it makes no sense that they'd intentionally produce something as irrelevant as this for an $18 million ride. Given that for a long period these were the only two major rides in the park, you'd typically ride both many times, so they quickly became incredibly irritating. I'm all for meaningful pre-ride films which contribute something to the storyline of the ride (e.g. Bermuda Triangle), but these two were nothing short of pointless. Be thankful that they're gone.

^Less than 4 months ago actually. It wasn't particularly difficult to remember , nor was the post hard to find since I remember it coming up in that best coaster in Australia thread, which has been active fairly recently. It's funny because you were basically trying to say I was wrong even though you had never ridden the ride in question. I'd be willing to bet that you haven't been on Superman either.

Today tonight much
That sentence doesn't make sense. Much what? Edited by Gazza

Gazza, much as I hate to admit it, I do understand that sentence. As in i've identified something that makes you jealous, so I say "jealous much?" Of course, Pixel omitted the ? at the end of the statement, but essentially he's saying one of two things: 1) it was a good piece of investigative journalism, and you should be commended by your peers and fellow reporters within the industry for such super-sleuthiness 2) it was crappy sensationalistic "report it because it's there, make it up if it isn't" current affairs style trollop that isn't fit to be called journalism, and at best qualifies for mildly entertaining material to have the fun poked at it by numerous satirical news\comedy shows such as Chaser or Good News Week. Now maybe i'm just taking a dig at Channel 7, or maybe a dig at pixel, I don't know (by the way option 1 was intended to be incredibly sarcastic... just for those slow ones out there that would believe it) But to answer your question he made a poor attempt at likening you to the television sitcom known as Today Tonight.

Edited by AlexB