NEW RIDE: SPONGEBOB FLYPANTS

Spotty

Dreamworld's newest ride is set to start construction on the 21st of April. Located outside of the "Nick Stuff" shop. The expected opening date is unconfirmed but likely to be some time during June. "SpongeBob FlyPants is perfect for the whole family and has the capacity for 24 riders per ride. With 2 guests per carriage taking to the sky at super fun speed for everyone. The ride will plunge guests into an imaginary deep sea world where they will soar and spin through the fantasy 'Jellyfish Fields' known to be his favorite fishing spot. Lying flat on there stomachs, guests will weightlessly weave around a larger-than-life SpongeBob sculpture as he takes flight aboard a wild jellyfish." The ride Model is a "Zamperla Kite Flyer"

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like a another good reason to go to Dreamworld this September! Although it's more of a kiddy ride than a thrill-ride. I thought it was going to be one of the big ones that you see in most carnivals (LINK, OR, LINK). However, it looks like a smaller - kiddy version (you can find a video of it if you go to the Zamperla website and search for kite flyer. It will be a good addition for Nick Central, and will definately bring in the kids, if Dreamworld promotes it properly. IMO it looks more of a crowd puller than Mick Doohan's MC as it is targeted at a family audience BECASUE IT'S A FAMILY RIDE (and not doing the oposite and calling it a thrill ride!!). It's also the first family ride in Australia that has the experience of flying, so that will pull the crowds. Thanks Spotty for posting this up, and please keep us updated on the construction side of things. I'm still wondering where the ride is going to be placed?? Could somebody mark it out on a google earth image or something, cause the ride has a decent footprint for an area with hardly no room. CoAsTeR TeeN

Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

yea well 1st off i forgot where the shop is altough i normally dont since ive pretty much litterally studdyed the park and map and i hope that they dont demolish anything thats gravo like the spooty spin or the chairs and the r r rollercoaster is also a somewat big puller for even the thrill seekers but also how could you possibally even make a rollercoaster in that time period of 1-2 months when the kingda ka (america) took like over a year or so and the mc took at least 3 or so months and that track is onley a couple of hundred of meters long :blink::mellow:<_<:unsure:

It's also the first family ride in Australia that has the experience of flying, so that will pull the crowds.
What about that cliffhanger ride that appears at the shows? Which is the same idea, just a different manufacturer.
mc took at least 3 or so months and that track is onley a couple of hundred of meters long
It's about triple that: 605m long. Edited by Gazza

Well as far as location goes, there is that huge concrete area where the "Pot A Chook" and "Fried Frogs" used to be. These have since been re-located to Eureka's site. And that concrete area is quite a large slab of land, and also right in front of the Nick Stuff store. So my guess is that will be the location for SpongeBob FlyPants. I should be heading down there in the next week or so, I will try and get some construction snaps.

I was down at Dreamworld today. There isn\'t currently any construction going on, but on the way home I found a Dreamworld Staff Newsletter on the floor of the bus. It had a pic of concept art for SpongeBob FlyPants. I will post it here, but if you have to remove it Richo, feel free to. spongebobflypantsal6.jpg

Edited by Spotty

I was down at Dreamworld today. There isn\'t currently any construction going on, but on the way home I found a Dreamworld Staff Newsletter on the floor of the bus. It had a pic of concept art for SpongeBob FlyPants. I will post it here, but if you have to remove it Richo, feel free to. spongebobflypantsal6.jpg
For that type of ride it looks very well themed