Sign in to follow this  
Ninja

SkyHawk lives?

9 posts in this topic

Driving past SkyHawk today I noticed 2 gondalas hanging in the breeze. This is the first time Ive seen the gondalas actually attatched.Its been sitting there for years unused. Hopefully they can get the thing operating so it doesnt end up like Orphan Rocker. I'll post some pics tomorrow

Hey Ninja. It's been like that for the past week at-least. I am not quite sure if they were working on it during the day, but I noticed at the beginning of my stay, one of the gondola's was up closer to the top, and then a couple of days later, it was close to being half way up the tower, so not sure if it is gravity bringing it down, or if they have been working on it. There is also another cable connected, with a black thing with prongs and things attached to it, which I think in turn holds the parachute in place. Not quite sure though. However, I wouldn't expect it to open for another couple of years given it's previous track record.

The Parachute tower ride that used to be at Wonderland Sydney. If I remember correctly it was near the GoldRush entry.
For those young ones that may not remember it, it was where the Balloons ended up... on the left hand side when walking into Gold Rush. I was up there in the last week of March and it had gondolas then.