Liam's Theme Park Videos - Sling Shot and Fly Coaster

Flea

Hi everyone, I finally got around to editing some videos of mine. I'm having troubles uploading the rest of my videos (Sea World, Wonderland, Dreamworld, Wet 'n' Wild and Movie World). The upload keeps restarting after it reaches a certain point (70%), please PM me if you know what is wrong. The video is quite dark due to lack of lighting at the location. Anyway, without further adue, I present to you my first theme park video! Sling Shot and Fly Coaster Size: 5.96mb Length: 1:46 Song: Power - Warp Brothers Enjoy, ~Liam

Cool vid, good job on it. Its good to actualy see the rides running. When I was up there on the coast we would of driven past that place i don't know how many time but I never saw any of the rides operating. We even parked out the front for 20mins waiting to watch but it never went. Do they get very busy there of a night? How much they charging for the 3 rides now? Do they have like a package that includes all of them? The portable sling shot charge $30 a ride!! I dunno wheter i would pay $15 let alone $30! Thanks for the video Shaun

The Sling Shot does get quite busy at night, but the operators do a great job to get everyone on as quickly as possible. It's odd that you didn't see either ride operating. When I was there, they were launching Sling Shot about every three minutes! When I went in April, they didn't combine the price for the two rides. I got the package for Sling Shot (one ride, video, certificate and t-shirt) all for about $45. All I have to do now is show them my video and I'll get on it again for only $15. ~Liam

Yeah, they have the bungee jump thing. According to Richard, a new ride has been installed similar to SWAT called "Vomatron". The Sling Shot is definately worth the $45 (I think it's $29 without all the extras). The launch is incredible, and the air time is insane despite the restricting OTSR's. If you have some spare cash in your wallet, then I say go ride it. ~Liam

This Vomatron sounds cool. So is it one of those big propeller things that everyone makes, like the fabbri booster or zamperla's turbo force? Mondial and gravity works also makes one and who knows who else does.... If that's what it is, I think it would be **** scary to ride. Just the size of them...... I hope it is one anyway, it would go really good with the other rides ('atractions') they already have. By the time you have done each of the 4 rides that's probaly $100 bucks gone! Probaly even more! If there is two if you thats $200! Shaun

Ask Richard about the Vomatron for more deatils, I'm sure he can give you a more descriptive post about the ride than I can. Just a little information regarding the rest of the videos - they won't be up until tommorow. Unfortunately we have had to raise our upload limit to accomadate the size of the videos, which'll cost around $30 to do (Dad is making me pay!). Dad's ISP said they won't be able to make the change until tommorow. For those that can't wait any longer to see the videos, please add me on MSN (liamschembri@hotmail.com) or AIM (liamschembri). Thanks, ~Liam

You're asking about Vomatron, so I've decided to put up a short video of the ride in action. This took me about five minutes to add the title and soundtrack to the unedited footage (it's a single shot of the ride), so don't expect anything more than a straightforward look at the ride in action. If you think the song choice is odd, look at the opening title, then look at my avatar. The song is called Metropolis by Toshiyuki Honda. The video is 4:08. It's a nice and easy 3.4mb. You will need Quicktime to watch it though. Quicktime's just a much nicer format than any others. :)http://oldsite.totalthrills.com/videos/vomatron.mov You'll see it has the lovely Intamin restraints, like the retrofitted Slingshot also has now. :)

• 9 months later...