Need ideas

coaster_kiwi

So I'm 'designing' an imaginary park at the moment (geeky, I know) and need ideas on something. What sort of theme/name could a coaster similar to Fahrenheit (Hershey Park) have located within an area themed on a rural fair/A&P show? I like the name Angus (as in the breed of cattle), but that's really just a name not a theme. Feel free to imagine... and please don't flame me for being lame! :P

It's a difficult theme to work with, If its themed to a fair/show then the best I can think of is simply something with a carnival theme, say like California Screamin I guess if you want to go for the livestock theme then rides like El Toro or Raging Bull could form some basis for what you are wanting to do. Personally though, if it's a whole park you are doing then perhaps you could put the ride in some other area and give it a 'stronger' theme, as a fair/show themed looping coaster is a bit of a weak concept that would be difficult to immerse guests in.

Edited by Gazza

It's a difficult theme to work with, If its themed to a fair/show then the best I can think of is simply something with a carnival theme, say like California Screamin I guess if you want to go for the livestock theme then rides like El Toro or Raging Bull could form some basis for what you are wanting to do. Personally though, if it's a whole park you are doing then perhaps you could put the ride in some other area and give it a 'stronger' theme, as a fair/show themed looping coaster is a bit of a weak concept that would be difficult to immerse guests in.
A fair theme is difficult to work with I agree, but it is the only area of the 'park' where the coaster can be located (I name the area 'Provincial Fair'). I think I will stick with the name Angus and perhaps have the queue building themed as the interior of a farm shed (farming equipment, hay bales etc). Because I'm bored I will share my ideas (uni student on holidays lol)... The park is a sort of New Zealand showcase attraction. The name New Zealand Adventure is stuck in my mind though I'm trying to think of something else because of the obvious DCA theft. The coaster would be the anchor attraction of the Provincial Fair area, which would be split into two sub-areas - Rural Showcase and The Fairground. Rural showcase would feature a miniature vineyard and winery building with tastings of famous NZ wines, a large Barnyard show building (entranceway themed as a real barn but the large interior hidden behind a berm/upwards-sloping sheep paddock) with farmyard nursery, exhibits on NZ's agricultural history, and sheep-shearing demonstrations, and finally an outdoor area with modern farming equipment demonstrations. The Fairground would be themed on a rural A&P show fairground, with Merry-Go-Round, 'Dumbo'-style ride with Buzzy Bee Toy vehicles ( http://www.nznature.co.nz/nznat/items/images/bbtoy.jpg ), dodgem cars, Top Spin ('Wipeout') ride called Rodeo Clown, launched freefall ('Batwing') called The Barn Smasher that protrudes through a smashed-open barn-style station, ferris wheel, and of course the coaster - Angus. The other (rather generically-named!) areas of the park are Crackle Creek (themed on an old South Island forestry/mining town), Harbour Town (complete with replica Cape Reinga lighthouse - http://www.bstnz.com/image/tour_1_capereinga1.jpg ), Kiwi Island (a natural NZ themed area with wildlife), Garden Plaza (themed to English Christchurch, the Garden City, complete with tram), and finally Alpine Heights (park entranceway, themed to a Southern Alps ski resort). :P Can't believe I typed that out.

I'm still at a loss as to what RCT3 has to do with a Kiwi theme park with cattle breed themed coasters.....Just on that note instead of it being called Angus, why don't you call it Wagyu, or Jersey or maybe even Fresian? Those names are euqally as catchy as Angus.

but it is the only area of the 'park' where the coaster can be located
Are there imaginary planning restrictions in your imaginary park? I see no reason why you couldn't build the coaster in one of the other themed areas...Crackle Creek for instance could form a good basis for a mine or sawmill themed coaster, both of which are workable themes. Alpine heights could also serve as a decent basis given the existence of Successful alpine themed rides like Matterhorn, Alpengesit and Schweizer Bobbahn...you say it is a coaster like Fahrenheit...perhaps the beyond vertical first drop could be off a cliff face.