Old dreamworld ad.

cadboy

That link is false advertising because it is directing me to a camera phone video someone took on Giant Drop. I'm sure the vid you are talking about is this one. It's even more of a depressing reminder to think that DW building ground breaking stuff was something they did in the past, rather than something to hope for in the future. On a slightly related note, does anybody have any photos of TOT when it had its old tower top thing that looked like a sort of cone shape.

Edited by Gazza

Yeh sorry about that, that was the link. It was being edited as you were writing your post. How long did it keep it's rank as the tallest and fastest rollercoaster in the world. It is sad to see the decline in quality of attractions at the once world famous dreamworld. :(

Wouldn't something like Top thrill dragster be a realistic option for an Australian themepark. TTD cost 25 mill which is a very expensive option for our parks but still could be pulled off. Imagine Australia having the worlds tallest fastest coaster again. It would draw huge crowds................ ;)

It's expensive, but there is plenty of better stuff you can build for the same price....or less. if I had $25 Mil lying around, a coaster that does just one trick (going up the down at high speed) would be the last thing on my shopping list. I mean even a moderatley sized coaster will draw the crowds. I cant see the value of building a record breaker in Australia, it just wouldn't have the same advantage as doing it in the US where the theme park market is more competitive and there are a lot of big players .

Edited by Gazza

Yup coasters like that are 1 trick ponies, and superman gives the same acceleration concept without the big hill , but you get the all the other sections on superman. Sure I used to love riding Stealth in the UK (0 − 80 mph in 1.9 seconds) and 70meter top hat at 4.5G but it wasn't a family ride. I'd love to see a Gerstlauer EuroFighter in Oz.

It's expensive, but there is plenty of better stuff you can build for the same price....or less. if I had $25 Mil lying around, a coaster that does just one trick (going up the down at high speed) would be the last thing on my shopping list. I mean even a moderatley sized coaster will draw the crowds. I cant see the value of building a record breaker in Australia, it just wouldn't have the same advantage as doing it in the US where the theme park market is more competitive and there are a lot of big players .
Yeh I suppose your right. Hey Max thrust how about this one:http://www.coasterforce.com/Speed It is the largest Gerstlauer EuroFighter in the world.

Yeh I suppose your right. Hey Max thrust how about this one:http://www.coasterforce.com/Speed It is the largest Gerstlauer EuroFighter in the world.
Thorpe Park UK is building a bigger one, which hopefully I can ride on my next trip back to the UK Length: 2362' Height: 100' Inversions: 4 Duration: 1:40 Max Vertical Angle: 97 Degrees

How about bring that to MW :P
Layout , plans and construction progress can be seen here http://2009coaster.maniahub.com/?page=layout I think the cost is around $10-12 million, but theming is often have the cost, and they've had to do lots of land fill as Thorpe is actually build in an quary pit, with a central island having the rides.

I dunno, for me personally, the only coaster type I'd really be happy having a place in the wild west area would be a wooden one. Nevertheless Eurofighters do seem like decent enough rides.
Wooden coaster would fit the best, but I much perfer the smooth ride of steel. Perhaps having to ride Gwazi 3 times in row at BGT put me off wooden coasters for a while ( too much shaking )

I dunno, for me personally, the only coaster type I'd really be happy having a place in the wild west area would be a wooden one. Nevertheless Eurofighters do seem like decent enough rides.
I agree, wood would be the best fit. What sort of wooden coaster are you thinking of something like Big Thunder Mountain at disney...... They could possibaly have the coaster go through the WWF mountain. I personally just liked the layout of that eurofighter, saw it was a western theme so I intially thought it would be the placed at the WWF area without putting much thought into it. Cheers

What about a nice Vekoma Mine Train Coaster http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com...4&Itemid=12, which can not be as intrusive as a Wooden Coaster, and doesn't have to takeup as much room as a wooden coaster. Plus it can easily be themed around the Wild West theme, which is easily evident by Disney's Big Thunder Mountain. I really don't think we are going to see a wooden coaster at Movie World anytime soon.

What sort of wooden coaster are you thinking of something like Big Thunder Mountain at disney
But Big Thunder Mountain isn't a wooden coaster.
I personally just liked the layout of that eurofighter, saw it was a western theme so I intially thought it would be the placed at the WWF area without putting much thought into it.
But you are saying that on the assumption Dollywood would just freely give them their theme for the ride. Remember, all the ride manufacturer does is build the track and vehicles for the ride. It is up to the park to get other companies in to do the theming work around the ride, so if MW wanted a ride like mystery mine they would still have to do the theming work themselves. Eurofighters dont 'come' with a Western theme.
and doesn't have to takeup as much room as a wooden coaster.
The Vekoma website gives the dimensions as 82.8 x 57.3 which is fairly large, and that is for one of the smaller layouts (Have a look at a bigger one like Mammut at Gardaland!) In what way do you mean It wouldn't have to take up as much space? One clear feature with mine trains is that they rely heavily on twists, turns and spirals. Another feature is the fact they often have extensive mountain theming to go with them, essentially turning the ride area into a big block really only usable for the ride itself. Some wooden coasters do this, notably the GCIs: powerparke90.jpg However, since the main aim of a lot of wooden coasters is to provide airtime the layouts are instead more out and back: p13867.jpg Now, with two shapes of a given perimeter, the long narrow one will always take up less square meters of total space then a more square shaped one, so the case may be that an out and back wooden coaster would take up less space than a comparable mine train. And hey, thats the whole reason I wan't a wooden coaster ahead of mine trains or whatever: airtime! There is also the budget reason, since wooden coasters are cheaper than steel. Fitting a wooden coaster into the Wild West theme is easy, just look at the number of them that have been built that naturally gravitate towards a rustic theme, and of course the wooden coasters at other two ex Movie Worlds in Spain and Germany. Edited by Gazza

Yeah a wooden coaster would be good. Maybe one part of the ride could could come out of the side of the wild west mountain...... Where would the entrance be for the ride? Maybe behind the WWF boat mantainace area.

Edited by cadboy