Sea World Orlando Visit

tom

Hey all, on a trip in the US at the moment and was fortunate to visit Sea World in Orlando today and had an awesome time! What an amazing park! Journey to Atlantis is a fun and quite thrilling ride. Has great themeing with the use of water effects, sound and projections all adding to the effect. The first drop is fast, sudden and steep and if your sitting in the front row prepared to be drenched. After the first major drop a smaller on follows which creates a massive tidal wave into the front two seats! I was in the front first time around and was completely unaware! Following this is another climb higher into the atlantis building where the speed builds as you move through dimly lit cavern into pitch darkness where the boat turns and dives into its finally splash down. Again, very sudden and steep and you can't see the track infront of you until your almost at the bottom of the hill. Overall fantastic ride!! Major ride number 2 is Kraken. A BnM Floorles! Very good as well although little themeing. But thats fine because the ride is wicked! Sitting in the front is the best. I think I rode it 5 or 6 times. Smooth, fast and twisted. The only themed section of the coaster ride itself ( apart from a bit in the queue area ) is where the coaster dives into a tunnel into a tight left turn and into a flat spin! Great ride!! One of my favourites!! The rest of the day we spent seeing all the amazing shows including Shamu the killer whale! Spectacular shows!! World class acrobatics, lighting, sound and animal entertainment all in one!! A beautiful park and heaps to do!!! I highly recomend anyone who is in Orlando to go to Sea World. After spending a week on the Carnival Glory and a day at Sea World its off to New York and on Thursday Six Flags Great Adventure!!!! If there are any mistakes in this post sorry, I'm typing this on my iPhone so a bit difficult. T :)

Haha brings back memories of my 30 minute visit to the park earlier this year, where I took a single ride of Kraken in the back seat (awesome I didn't get to ride JTA at all since it was undergoing maintenance...what is the 'coaster' section like on it? I was however forewarned about that front seat tidal wave on the mini drop, though of course I never ended up having to worry. Didn't make an effort to see anything else in the park given I had seen it in San Diego a few days earlier and I really did have to be getting back to IOA. Could you see much going on with the new coaster?....that has put the park back on my radar, so I must see the place 'properly' again at some point down the track.

Hey, as soon as I turned 18 I got my adult passport and jetted off a couple of months later. It I know how frustrating the wait is to be able to go on trips like this, but get a job as soon as you are old enough and you will easily be able to afford one when the time comes, so you can head off and do your own thing, spending as much or as little as you like, and without all the faffing associated with trying to travel with the rest of your family.

Last time we went , we all got 14 day flexiticket which gives you Unlimited admission to the following theme parks: * Universal Studios Florida® * Universal’s Islands of Adventure® * AquaticaTM * Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay * SeaWorld® * Wet ‘n Wild® Guess what we did for 14 days in a row ;) , but I was only 38 then. Stayed at best western movieworld as its across the road from WnW, and its the first hotel on the couresty bus route so you always get on, and universal is walkable if you miss the bus or stay late.

Edited by MaxThrust

How much is that pass? 14 days straight, my dream come true ;):P
280 USD or 235 if you take out Busch Gardens. 20 USD a day Parks open at 9 , close at 7,9,10 depending on the time of year. Walk between IOA and studios. Stay till late, and then you can just walk onto Duelling dragons etc, or go as a single rider. Or as my 6 yr daughter did at the time, and use parent swap ( new version , rather than parents take turns riding and looking after her, she's swapped parents and ride everytime ) Or you can go for the two park ( IOA/Studio) annual for just 190 USD. Edited by MaxThrust

Also worth pointing out is the Universal 2 park ticket, which is worth $79.99 USD for 7 Days access...very cheap, and it appears they have dropped the price since I visited because the 2 park ticket was $99 when I went. Its a worthwhile option since that's a little bit over $11 a day. The Busch Gardens and SW one is $89, again for 7 days but that price includes the shuttle over to Busch. So thats $170 for 7+7 days of access...a bit better value since it isn't worth paying out the $110 difference for the two water parks when individual tickets for them would then only be $80 all up (With WnW still having 14 days access)