Six Flags Great Adventure Visit

tom

Next time I will say "rendered incapable of reproduction". In my experience SE has the most draconian rider restrictions I have come across in the world, this girl thought I had stuff in my pockets when I go in my seat so I had to stand up and she padded me down including my back pockets. I would have been really pissed off if a guy op had done that. Even X lets you have your wallet in your back pocket, and believe you are in danger of losing your wallet on that ride. It will be interesting to see what GAdv operations are like this year I haven't been there since their operations allegedly stopped being totally crap.

If it had been a guy I would have decked him, but a reasonably cute girl - I'll let her off.
Yup SE rules are mad. I've worn my glasses on stealth , duelling dragons , hulk etc with a tight glasses strap and the ride ops were all happy. No bags on most coasters but they didn't care about whats in your pockets. Only on rita is the UK have I've seen them ask women to remove very high/sharp heels, I presume incase they slam their feet into the deck on brake runs etc.

Probably with El Toro and Nitro you have to be careful, I saw a guys sunnies float off his face on Nitro though he managed to catch them before they flew away. Cedar Point lets you wear glasses on anything even Dragster as long as you have a strap. I think it varies from state to state in the US, for example at Knott's, another Cedar Fair park, won't let you wear glasses even with a strap. I'm suspicious that MW is making a lot of money out of those lockers at SE.

• 4 weeks later...

^I think you are incapable of telling a tongue in cheek remark from a serious one. Do you think I'd seriously risk potentially copping an assault charge and a criminal record because of some overzealous ride op, I don't think so - I'd just complain if I felt strongly enough. Back on topic, I'll be back at Great Adventure in August - we have been advised this week that we have ERT on El Toro (and possibly Kingda Ka and Dark Knight) as well as having Gold Flash Passes for the day, so it should be a great day as long as the weather holds out. Cadboy, on top of your review of Dark Knight, it seems quite unaminous that it is a bit average to put it mildly. The bigger shame is that Dark Kight replaced Chiller, which was a really good coaster (based on my rides on the Robin side), fair enough it was very problematic for the park, but still a real shame.