What movies have been made at Movie World?

Shaun

The adjoining studios are used for various Hollywood and local productions. Most recently was Scooby Doo, also Ghost Ship was done there in recent months. In the past, I believe the new Inspector Gadget (the 2003 French Stewart video-release one, not the original Matthew Broderick one) There have also been plenty of shows done there. The swamp out the front of the park near Batman was actually originally used for some TV show in the early 90's. Brad Pitt's new film was set to be filmed there, but aparently after Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddy Prinze got back from Scooby Doo's shooting, they said that Sydney was much better, so Brad Pitt refused to do it at the Gold Coast. Production was moved to Fox Studios in Sydney, but location scenes will be done up here. The new Live-Action Peter Pan is currently being filmed up here too. You can see the elaborate set that they've built from Lethal Weapon's lift.

• 1 month later...

Ah, Pacific Drive, where the sun meets the surf, and the sharks don't meet the actors nearly enough :D If I remember correctly, in the queue for the Movie Magic show (used to be studio tour. Apparently they canned it because people used to leave the tram and walk onto the sets) there's a sign indicating which films have been produced at the studios each year since 1989. Lots of 'Straight to video' films up there, and I can't remember a single one :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In Germany they used the Studios for many television games, documentaries and some small movies. However, the big movie 'The Little Vampire' was filmed there too. During the Studio Tour, some years ago we got to see the Poison Ivy scene of Batman & Robin. But I think that was just for the show, I don't think they actually filmed that scene in Germany... http://www.movieworld.de/movieworld/studio.../index_1_en.cfm

• 5 months later...

The last movie made was Peter Pan by Universal the studios are hired out to different companies beside there own 2 (Warner Bros. and New Line) so you can have other companys like universal and fox at the studios. You will find that are lot of movies that have scences shot at the studios as well as other places eg matrix was Sydney (fox) and San Francisco (warner) locations. Star Wars was USA, Australia, Italy, England, Tunisia locations. In the next 2 years look for the following movies to maybe get some Aussie locations. Catwomen, Batman, Wonderwomen, and Superman as they have all been green lighted for production with Catwomen already underway. And her merchandise is about to be released at work.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't there a game show recently produced from movieworld?? I think it was called Cash Bonanza or something like that, it aired on channel 9 and was hosted by larry emdur. They used to take the contestants on Wild Wild West before they went on the show... Is there any relation between the Scooby Movie and the actual attraction?? (I mean did they use the warehouse where the coaster is, for movie-related uses???)

Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster and Scooby Doo the movie have absolutely no real commonalities. The theming was all "inspired" on SDSC, so it's not like the Matrix Revealed (I could call it The Official Matrix Exhibit, but what were they thinking with that name? ;)) where a lot of the props are actually those used in the final two films. I think joz told me this originally, but the "party scene" in Scooby Doo was actually filmed at Calypso Beach at Wet'n'Wild. They said that part of the reason for choosing the Gold Coast studios to film the movie was because of the on-location theme park (of course, no mention of the cheaper production costs downunder), yet from what I can remember (given that it's 18 months since I saw the movie), this was the only scene that actually used one of the theme parks.

• 2 months later...

OH I was up at Movie World in 2001 when Scooby was being filmed, Got to see Sarah too!, which was awesome, except she wasnt signing autographs, but she was in her pink outfit, she looked great, must have been off to shoot scenes, cos they were heading towards one of the sound stages when I saw her. Lol I love that movie for some reason, it's so kiddy, but it's cool, got it on DVD.

Maybe not Toy Story or Nemo as the characters are owned by Disney. The only hope for that is if Warner Brothers team up with Pixar for future films (after 'The Incredibles' and 'Cars') which is looking surprisingly likely. If they team up, then you might start seeing Pixar characters around the park, although it wouldn't be any that you already know.