Breaking news: Village to buy Aussie World

GoGoBoy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As long as Aussie World keeps the great atmosphere and AMAZING staff, I can see this being a very good move. Aussie World could really benefit from the new attractions that Village have outlined. I mean 10 attractions is about the same size as WhiteWater World currently operates. So it is a very big move and I can really see it working out well for them.

:):):):):):):) Yah! Finally I can get an annual pass to a park. I live close so I will be able to visit reguarly. 10 Attractions sounds great. Are they going to demolish the existing park and make it completely a water park? Lets hope it is operational by late 2008. :):):)

Guest dreamworldfan

Do we really need another water park so close? And they should build the water coaster at the GC Wet'n'Wild What would be interesting would be a water park like Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, in the idea that it has one well done, well thought out theme. And not just a grouping of towers like H20 Zone. They just have to fit this into the theme of the big hideous building, and in a relatively small area of land. Also, Lack of car park space? definitely.

Do we really need another water park so close? And they should build the water coaster at the GC Wet'n'Wild What would be interesting would be a water park like Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, in the idea that it has one well done, well thought out theme. And not just a grouping of towers like H20 Zone. They just have to fit this into the theme of the big hideous building, and in a relatively small area of land. Also, Lack of car park space? definitely.
Firstly I do think we need a waterpark on the Sunshine Coast because not all of us live as close to the Gold Coast so we can't get to WET'n'Wild that often unless you want to drive 200km every weekend. Secondly, Yes it would be great to see an Aussie Typhoon Lagoon but a Blizzard Beach wouldn't really fit a location on the hot tropical QLD Coast but Canberra mabey. Finally Yes I agree that The New waterpark would have to have more parking than the current amount if the park is going to be equal size of White Water World.

Do we really need another water park so close?
That didn't stop WWW being built. I personally don't have an issue, IMO for too long Australia has had too few water parks, they shouldn't be something you have to travel from interstate to visit, but rather something servicing a local area. We are starting to see a bit of a shift with places like Jamberoo and Adventure Park adding water parks, but really, most major touristy areas, and largish cities should have at least one. Whoever goes through the annual reports or whatever can correct me on this, but water parks are mostly targeted at locals anyway. People visiting/living on the Sunshine coast do have a bit of a trek to WnW, so perhaps its just catering to another market.
And they should build the water coaster at the GC Wet'n'Wild
I'm sure one is in the pipeline.
They just have to fit this into the theme of the big hideous building, and in a relatively small area of land.
They could go for a bit of an 'Aussie' theme perhaps.
And in a relatively small area of land. Also, Lack of car park space? definitely.
Again, these two issues didn't stop WWW going ahead.

Guest dreamworldfan
That didn't stop WWW being built.
God Himself couldn't stop Maquarie Leisure building the park.
but a Blizzard Beach wouldn't really fit a location on the hot tropical QLD Coast but Canberra mabey.
Does Blizzard Beach fit into its Florida surroundings? But Yeah I get your point They could always with a classic Australian mining town themed Water park, but they usually end up looking tacky and rotted (Look at the recently redecorated slides at WnW before hand) And after reading the info on the article, Space isn't that much of an issue either