Just curious about the SE.

I'd like to see it too :) Id like to experience a rollback, the launch is my favourite bit, so I'd love to do it twice without the lineup
I fail to see how you could like that feeling... :P. In all seriousness I hate that feeling, I do it tho because I like the air time experience on superman. Love the feeling on getting thrown out of your seat but also its the kind that doesn't make you sick, which is great.

I have seen about three and experienced one and nearly had a second one this year but it just inched over the top hat, but it literally felt like it stopped at the top. Accelerator coasters do have short shots or rollbacks which are due to mother nature most of the time (cold weather etc) but there are times when the coaster brakes down and they run the test runs after the issue has be fixed and the computer which controls the launch "force", having estimated the needed force for the previous test launches with empty trains, doesn't supply the right amount of power for the fully loaded train. Rollbacks are cool when they happen, but then you have to sit in a restrained seat until they fix it or even worse evacuate the ride...which I also have done once while waiting to be launched, not to much fun either :P Zane. :)

^Well obviously nobody does since they would have posted one (More to the point, they probably would have posted it the day they filmed one and started a topic on it :P). Pestering people won't make one magically available. I mean it has been established it is pretty rare for it to happen, and on top of that what are the odds somebody was filming the thing at the time, or quick enough to get their camera out?

Edited by Gazza

The amount of times I've been to Movie World since superman opened (and thats ALOT) I've NEVER seen Superman Escape roll back, or even hear of it happening during normal operating hours. I have witnessed / been on a rollback during a private film shoot early in the morning about 4 months after the ride opened. It may have happened before, but I've never heard of it happening. Also it's nothing that great really, it just feels like riding Tower of Terror.

• 4 weeks later...

hahahah, it looks like the magnetic brakes just popped up before the launch!! :blink: . That would have been a weird feeling, getting launched, and hitting brakes at the same time ;) . Anyway, for the people who didn't get to see Hamish & Andy ride SE on Rove the other night, somebody uploaded a vid onto youtube with all the fun they had :rolleyes: ,CHECK IT OUT HERE Ohh and another question, have anybody been to MW in September, the week before the Queesnland school holidays?? I'd like to know what times you have waited for Superman, cause last year, the day I went, we ended up waiting an hour :blink: . Just wanted to see what everybody else has waited? CoAsTeR TeeN

Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

hahahah, it looks like the magnetic brakes just popped up before the launch!! :blink: . That would have been a weird feeling, getting launched, and hitting brakes at the same time ;) . Anyway, for the people who didn't get to see Hamish & Andy ride SE on Rove the other night, somebody uploaded a vid onto youtube with all the fun they had :rolleyes: ,CHECK IT OUT HERE Ohh and another question, have anybody been to MW in September, the week before the Queesnland school holidays?? I'd like to know what times you have waited for Superman, cause last year, the day I went, we ended up waiting an hour :blink: . Just wanted to see what everybody else has waited? CoAsTeR TeeN
I'm not sure about September holidays, but a week before the December holidays, the parks were packed with buses of school kids on excursions, and we had to wait probably more than an hour for SE. But, this time around in May, we could get on SE with limited waiting times.
Just found this which may be of interest to some out there.
Not quite a typical Intamin Rollback, but is still a launch fault (and technically the train does "roll back")
Thanks for that video!

Its funny, I was at MW a week ago and later in the day SE's queues had dropped off to a point where trains were going out half full. For a few goes I was able to get off, quickly re-enter the queue to catch the same train as it entered the loading station.
Lucky! Ive never been very lucky at all with SE, Ive ridden it 4 times in 2 visits to MW, but that also includes 3 breakdowns or delays. I was so annoyed when it wouldnt dispatch from the station when I was on it.. it was about 4.30, so we went off and did scooby doo's last rides of the day, then as soon as we stepped out of the park, i spotted SE working. I was pissed.