Dreamworld Rides

ShadowXL

Hey, I'm going to dreamworld for the first time in quite a while on Thursday, the first time since I have started to actually ride rides. I want to kinda know what I'm in for intensity wise so knowing I have rode Superman and Batwing at MW how do this rides compare to the rides at Dreamworld. Like is the Tower of Terror launch more intense then Supermans? Giant drop much different to going downwards on Batwing etc. Also just a extra one, does claw make you feel sick? Just watching videos of it. It seems like a ride that makes you want to chuck up after riding it. Thanks for your help guys, still a bit iffy about riding the rides, don't ask me why I just get nervous :P.

Guest dreamworldfan

Giant Drops Is Definitely scarier, I guess cause you have the anticipation at the top.. But Tower Of Terror Isn't as scary as SE in my mind and the amount of times the tower of terror sends its stupid slow runs. Irritates me it does.

For me, The Claw made me feel a bit nauseous, but nothing too bad, I felt sicker after the Lethal Weapon, but thats just me. After riding the claw, I got off, and saw someone on the ground being sick, which really didnt help the state that I was feeling, but I was fine. As for TOT, the launch is awesome, quite similar to Superman's. I cant really remember the TOT launch too much, but I know that they are alike. I havent riden the Batwing, so I cant say anything about that.

Edited by revolutionx

Guest dreamworldfan

The Claw is perfect if you can stomach the stomach lurches. Its a great ride if you can, if you cant like my friend, they'll have to close the ride because someone threw up on the fold down floor. :lol:

Yeah, Tower of Terror is definitely less powerful (160kmph/7 secs = 0.64g , compared to superman 100kmph/2 secs = 1.4 g ) Going downwards on GD is a bit different to Batwing: you arent ejected out of your seat, you just freefall and feel weightless, so less intense, though the height probably makes up for it. The Claw doesn't really make you sick...have you ridden Surfrider? Thats the best comparison I can make...the Pirate Ship at SW is another somewhat similar experience, though a bit amped up. Bottom line, the duration isn't long enough for you to have a vommie. As said above, at the top of each swing you get that floaty feeling, I guess like the at the top of Batwing. Cyclone is nothing bad at all, nor is Wipeout. But yeah, just throw yourself in and ride stuff without thinking too hard, It's all perfectly safe and really fun. I mean you have done Superman etc, so there is really no reason to worry about anything else given you have tackled then. One of us, one of us, one of us!

Edited by Gazza

Yeah, Tower of Terror is definitely less powerful (160kmph/7 secs = 0.64g , compared to superman 100kmph/2 secs = 1.4 g ) Going downwards on GD is a bit different to Batwing: you arent ejected out of your seat, you just freefall and feel weightless, so less intense, though the height probably makes up for it. The Claw doesn't really make you sick...have you ridden Surfrider? Thats the best comparison I can make...the Pirate Ship at SW is another somewhat similar experience, though a bit amped up. Bottom line, the duration isn't long enough for you to have a vommie. As said above, at the top of each swing you get that floaty feeling, I guess like the at the top of Batwing. Cyclone is nothing bad at all, nor is Wipeout. But yeah, just throw yourself in and ride stuff without thinking too hard, It's all perfectly safe and really fun. I mean you have done Superman etc, so there is really no reason to worry about anything else given you have tackled then. One of us, one of us, one of us!
Im a bit iffy about riding Wipeout, all the flipping turns me off.

Definitely try the Claw it gives a great sensation. The Giant Drop is more intense than Batwing for the sheer hieght and freefalling speed. Cyclone gives your head a real bang probably even worse than Lethal Weapon but the ride itself is not worth the wait if queue lines are above 20 mins but it is good to do everything at least once I reckon. I find the Tower of Terror's launch less intense than Sumperman Escape and really isn't scary at all. The Wipeout, although doesn't look very high it really feels it once your on the ride and if you don't like going upside down often I don't advise you ride ( You will no what I am talking about once you see the ride in motion) Cheers and have a great time.

^I wouldn't say that Cyclone is worse than LW, the main reason being that the restraints don't go past your ears like on LW. As for intensity of GD versus BW, on paper they both pull 4 gs, though GD is 'scarier' because of its height.

Im a bit iffy about riding Wipeout, all the flipping turns me off.
Come on guys, don't be pussbags.

The cyclone is lame, Tower of Terror is fun if you get an edge seat + aren't stapled in... The Wipeout is fun but can be a bit painful for the guys... Claw is insane, especially first ride of the day, but re-rides make me sick. Can't say about GD, but Batwing was pretty fun and far less intense than I expected. :P

The cyclone is lame, Tower of Terror is fun if you get an edge seat + aren't stapled in... The Wipeout is fun but can be a bit painful for the guys... Claw is insane, especially first ride of the day, but re-rides make me sick. Can't say about GD, but Batwing was pretty fun and far less intense than I expected. :P
Yeah interesting you said that about re-rides on the claw making you feel a bit queezy. I have a cust-iron stomach when it comes to rides but after my 3rd go on the Claw I was feeling the churn. TOT IMO is tame and because of the direction & rate you are travelling you really don't get a true perspective of the height. Cyclone is just an average coaster. Not particularly smooth either. If the wait is long, go back later. It's really not worth waiting for much more than say 15 - 20mins Giant Drop is probably the most intimidating as others have said shearly because of it's apparently dangerous height. DW have not exactly gone out of their way to maintain the general upkeep/appearance of this ride over the years and I gotta say every time I go on, that does bother me a smidge. Even so, once you get over the height and anticipation of the drop from the top, the freefall is a snap. Guarenteed you will be going back for more if the wait isn't too long!! I find the tipping and holding upside down of the Wipeout a little uncomfortable. It's well worth a ride but I doubt you'll go on more than once. I always find the Reef Diver a nice thrill. Sometimes on take-off you almost feel as if you are going to blank out! The G's are pretty good. Motocoaster is a big fat let down. No big thrills here. The 1st launch is fun but the rest of the ride is a bit of a yawn. Bottom line. Go one everything and don't hold back! You'll only regret it after the gates close and you've missed out on something!! Edited by MickeyD