Attraction Maintenance Request

Wayned

Does anyone know how far in advance scheduled maintenance is booked in for the attractions? I am looking at visiting the theme parks in March 2009 but would like to ensure that none of the big attactions (ie Superman, Batwing, Lethal Weapon, The Claw, Giant Drop etc.) are scheduled for annual maintenance at this time. Last time I visited The Claw at Dreamworld was down for scheduled maintenance and Lethal Weapon at Movie World had unscheduled maintenance. Living in Perth I can only afford to visit every three years or so, so it would be great if at time of booking my trip I had some idea what rides would be open (failing the unscheduled breakages etc.).

If you check the park websites they will tell you what will be in maintanence for up to about three months ahead ( I am pretty sure). Another alternative is to ring the parks, I am sure they could to tell what would be in maintence next year if you asked ;) Cheers

During March there's normally a bit of work going on, my advice would be to hold off booking or locking in dates until the parks can tell you whats going on. Also, the information is available through the park before it is on the website, so give them a call or e-mail asking for what information they can give you, and they'll normally be happy to help. Keep in mind though, that scheduled maintenance is subject to change, and as a rule, generally does.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Am I correct in assuming that each major ride has one scheduled maintenance period a year or are there multiple? Does anyone know if the approximate date for this is consistent each year and if so, what date/s is Superman due for maintenance this year? Cheers.

Not much to go wrong with Scooby??? Each car must clear over 100 sensors just to make one trip around the circuit. Add to that a dual sidded lift, a turntable, dark ride and coaster portions featuring extensive AV components and both an load and unload station and you have a pretty complex little wild mouse there!

Not much to go wrong with Scooby??? Each car must clear over 100 sensors just to make one trip around the circuit. Add to that a dual sidded lift, a turntable, dark ride and coaster portions featuring extensive AV components and both an load and unload station and you have a pretty complex little wild mouse there!
LOL I was agreeing with you :P