Fire or Ice?

Gazza

Dueling Dragons  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which side do you prefer?

• Fire
    • Ice

Yeah, I'm more of an Ice fan myself, pretty much because it has that zero g roll, but also that cool overbanked turn at the start and the cobra roll against the castle wall. It also didn't repeat elements like fire did. Though, I didn't feel that the floater hill on fire killed the pacing too much, I was too busy looking out for the 'near miss' (Just on that, when did you go to IOA Joz? I remeber you once did some nice reports on DL and AT way back, but I never knew you had been over to FL)

And I thought I'd be the only owner of duelling dragon t-shirt in Oz... Bugger.. Go after 4pm as a single rider, walk back in the emergency/Disable access and ride over and over instead of walking the empty 1 km queue line ;) With the price of jet fuel, and flights out of OZ its going to be a while before I can afford it again.

Ice all the way. Much much smoother ride with smoother transitions between elements. Although on fire there alot of near misses with theming and landscaping.. pooped my pants a bit there... On a side note... what is with IOA's long queue lines! There so lengthy and are basically walk ons! They were when we went.

^You have to remember that parks need to have the space needed for the really busy days. If you weren't visiting in peak season then that answers your question. Also, a number of rides at IOA have quite high capacity, using DD as an example, it can, during 6 train operation move 3000 riders per hour. I'ts queue is reportedly about 1km long, and I'm estimating it would fit about 2 people per meter of queue space, so even with a queue that massive, its still only going to fit 40 minutes worth of people. Even the really lengthy indoor Spiderman queue fits only 30 minutes worth of people (I joined it when the whole building was full)

See that was the biggest frustration for me, I never discovered that Spiderman had a SRQ till after I got home. I was in a position where I had 30 minutes till closing, and I still hadn't reridden Spiderman or Hulk, so I had to pick one, but I could have done both if I had known. It could have been possibleit was closed off at the time, but arrgh all I had to show for my standby wait was some photos of the theming in the queue.